Thank You, Ratalaika Games

HouraiTeahouse

That is some good logic and I was beginning to think this way myself. What is the point in caring about completion and platinum count when there is no longer any value in the trophies themselves? I'm starting to care more about overall quantity of my trophies, because the higher the number, the more I'm actually playing the games I bought.

• Like 4

I see it this way. I played a few of their games and it helped me realize I don't want to fill my list of with those kind of games. I'll never have more than my main account so I would never stack all of their games.

So this year I have dedicated myself to playing some of the harder and longer games I have instead of filling up on easy games.

In the end it don't matter to me what others play, it is their money and time.

• Like 1

You can always do what I do, play at your own pace.

For me the value of a platinum is still the same since I got my first platinum, mainly because I play what I want (yes, I wanted to play Mayo and 36 Fragments, don't judge that, 36 Fragments is good tbh).

For the people that buy Ratalaika games for the sake of getting a better place on a leaderboard and to see a number raise next to some blue pixels, the amount of money you spend on spend on stacking the same game 6 times could have been spent on some really good AAA games that are on sale or are just cheap. But who am I to judge the way you spend your money.

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 3

These games aren't popular because of their gameplay, nobody talks about the gameplay. It's the quick and easy trophies and multiple stacks that everyone talks about. Most people aren't buying them for the gameplay, they're just buying trophies. 

• Like 4

I've enjoyed several of them, but they are what is to be expected.

Sony Rewards also factors into it. 

I played a bunch bunch of them back to back when they went on sale and racked up $40 from Sony, so free games/plats. 

Sounds like trophy hunting was more of an OCD thing to you than anything else. You were just looking for a reason to quit. They never really added or subtracted anything to a pursuit that has no more or less value than what you personally ascribe to it.

If this is truly what you feel and you aren't just making a scene, like 90% of people who post about RG, good for you I guess. Though, you could have just sent them this message personally, all things considered.

• Like 2

Can see your point from a leaderboard's perspective however it shouldn't really "devalue" anything if you genuinely play games for you know.. the game itself and then having the platinum on the side. 

Me personally I love to plat or at least go for the plat for any game I play (unless it sucks) because it does give me that feeling that I completed everything or rather most of the things the game has to offer before I can move on. Not to mention I like knowing a game overall in general l to have a few discussion here and there with people who played said game or didn't but are thinking about 

buying it for instance and to share some of my experiences. It's also great to feel like I got my money's worth and didn't just shelf it right away which would be a waste of money and that's a no-no for me.  Taught me self-control in terms of how many games I should buy within a time span and with that I currently have 7-10 games in my backlog and about 20-30 on my wishlist to buy. 

Going for plats also adds a new layer of depth (usually but not all) if a game tasks you to beat it on the hardest difficulty or perhaps stealthily and so on. 

Basically I agree that leaderboards have become a cluster <3 but for those who don't care including me then platting games is still as satisfying as it was before. If I can plat a game, cool, if I can't for whatever reason then so be it. 

• Like 2

I play every game and that's including the games from rataliaka. I usually have 2 stacks because I have the vita as well and its cross buy so why not. But I wont go out of my way to create seperate region accounts and do more than just the 2 that's just stupid.

• Like 3

I feel you but, you know what? I feel real good and happy when I got my plat from a game I like and more if the games is not easy or hard for the mayority of players to get it so I don't care if others get easy ones and have more points I still enjoying my thing and more important (in my case) I'm not racing against those guys either :P

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

or you could just ignore those games and play what you enjoy, just a thought.

I mean, OP basically said they're done going for trophies and will instead play what they want so I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

I've always felt this way about achievements and trophies, personally. It's just becoming easier with more Ratalaika games on PS and the ACA games over on X1. Doesn't deter me any from going for trophies but if people think score is important I can see how it puts them off. It kinda sounds like you weren't too crazy about going for trophies anyway so it's probably for the best.

• Like 2