Thank You, Ratalaika Games

HouraiTeahouse

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

couldn't agree more...you seem to be vocally against this?...i think it is somewhat debatable whether more choices in a variety of products is good or bad...

if we look at the world and its history, mostly only tyrannical regimes have tried or are actively trying to irrationally  limit people's consumption choices rather than expand them...i don't think ratalaika is a major threat to the gaming industry...they just appeal to a market that apparently wasn't fulfilled much up to this point...not a terrible strategy in terms of satisfying a demand...and I agree that's it's happening in many industries as you pointed out with people wanting foods that are quick to prepare...

with the mentality you seem to have I must ask: are you a multibillionaire who only consumes the highest quality things in life?...if not, there is probably someone like you looking down on some of your choices as well...

I could come up with a million analogies but you would still wanna challenge the point at hand

they cater to trophy junkies and thats it

they purposely pump out cheap crap and nickle and dime poor souls week after week with another 30minute quick fix

sure it feels good at first but youre still left chasing the dragon

its how our world has become, no one wants to put in any real effort anymore to obtaining that end game prize whatever it may be

And This goes way beyond the gaming industry

you can factor it into all ways of life

Take online dating for example (for fucks sake people cant even pick up chicks at bars anymore like the good ol days, now they make tinder accounts) like is it that fucking hard to put your real self out there and talk to someone

and now because of that, cheating on your spouse is socially acceptable, who woulda thunk it! when you take out the hard work that used to be involved with anything and everything, values and meaning go out the door

do i really need to keep elaborating how these things are toxic, generally speaking, lets save that for another time

sure ratalaika isnt a real threat, right now anyways

But Its not going to stop unless consumers open their eyes and close their wallets and demand better

its only going to get worse until everything is just absolutely cheap fucking garbage

just like those fancy luxury cars you mentioned

back in the day, cars used to be hand crafted, built from materials made to last

now they are made from cheap plastics and pumped out by robots on an assembly line

but go on!

TL;DR

ultimately, all im trying to say in the long run is people should choose quality over quantity

Edited by Property_Damage
  • Like 2

Nothing like a quick plat to break the monotony of AAA games.  It is about the journey, not the end result.  After all, one cannot run a marathon all the time to train for a marathon.  Just have to mix it up.

At the end of the day, whatever floats your boat.

As for comparing oneself to others, bleh.  I like looking at other people's trophies to get an idea of what games to try or out of curiosity to see what people are playing these days.

So many games to play, so little time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

I could come up with a million analogies but you would still wanna challenge the point at hand

they cater to trophy junkies and thats it

TL;DR

ultimately, all im trying to say in the long run is people should choose quality over quantity

I'm not at all challenging the point that they cater to trophy junkies...i'm saying clearly there is market appeal for what ratalaika is doing so it makes sense that they continue to do it...

I also tried to point out that quality is very subjective...you've made a good point of highlighting that though with your example of luxury cars before and now...if quality is indeed subjective then to say people should choose something subjective is a tad banal...it will potentially vary from person to person...this is the point I've been trying to make...

I'll avoid discussing generalizations about things like adultery, people's daily efforts, or dating habits...i can say I'm fortunate enough to not know that world very well or have to worry about or try to senslessly judge or criticize what people that fit into these categories are doing...no, it's not entirely out of ignorance, it's more that it's just not very satisfying...to live like that would be living a low-quality life and my focus is elsewhere...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Folkenio said:

I get the point, OP, but just because a trophy is waaaay too easy to obtain and stack doesn't mean a thing (on the big picture). Deal with it, it's not important. If you need challenge in your life, do it to improve yourself as an individual and not to feel superior to others, because there'll always be someone that feels superior to you. You can still be a trophy hunter with your own compass, but seeking life success on being on a leaderboard above others is gonna take you that far.

It's healthier to enjoy this medium as what it is: a form of expression, a door to worlds unknown, a chance to share time with people you enjoy being with.

Don't get flustered so easily for a number. It won't mean anything later, and it won't do you any good.

I’m here because I enjoy trophy hunting, and that’s probably why you’re here. If people want to truly challenge themselves then I suggest they find a challenge outside of the internet and video games. But we are simply here because we share a passion. We enjoy playing games we never played before and working our way towards the platinum, or 100 percent. 

I made a point about the leaderboards on my thread and got blasted for it. But I learned many years ago that there will always be someone better. There is someone who is more skilled, more talented, more able to complete games than you. Those speed run competitions on YouTube I would never be good enough. 

Pretty amusing when there are plenty of people well in their 30s and sometimes in their 40s in some cases who look at trophies as some way to rise up the leaderboards. 

10 hours ago, Nikola said:

For me it’s just becoming more apparent who is an actual trophy hunter and who are just plain terrible.

I remember the time when 100 platinums was still a big achievement, but now it’s become more of a joke.

Play the games you love, because your “profile” says a lot about you.

Most people don’t care. Someone who has been trophy hunting for a long time could still consider me someone who got on the easy path because I was playing a lot of easy games for a while. 

How we judge our profiles is mostly just us alone. I will look at someone else’s profile and maybe pick up on ideas on what game I want to buy next, and maybe compliment on the hard games they have done. But usually I don’t care what they play, and how they trophy hunt is their business. 

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Also, it bothers me to no end when you’ve got trophies like Mein Leben in Wolfenstein 2 or Card Collector in The Witcher 3 assigned to a measly bronze. It’s a joke.

The trophy for getting all the blast shards in inFamous 1 is a bronze. There have been plenty of instances where certain trophies should of been gold.

Trophy Points =/= Work. 

A lot of people skip non-platinum games simply because there’s no platinum. Yeah, it would of been nice, but a lot of companies don’t care about the trophy system. 

3 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

I didn't say Rat Games was first. While Queasy Games was first with SS, they did it only once. Rat games is probably the first publisher that's doing this repeatedly, laughing at other developers faces with worse financial result.

I didn’t say that either. I was pointing out Sound Shapes because it was the first game to have people getting multiple trophies in a matter of minutes, thanks to cloud saving. 

Ratalaika Games is taking advantage by issuing out multiple platinums for the same game that you have to pay more than once for. That is exploitive. It should of ended with Midnight Deluxe and 36 Fragments of Midnight. 

People can say what they will for My Name is Mayo and Orc Slayer. At least they didn’t come with six stacks.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I'm not at all challenging the point that they cater to trophy junkies...i'm saying clearly there is market appeal for what ratalaika is doing so it makes sense that they continue to do it...

I also tried to point out that quality is very subjective...you've made a good point of highlighting that though with your example of luxury cars before and now...if quality is indeed subjective then to say people should choose something subjective is a tad banal...it will potentially vary from person to person...this is the point I've been trying to make...

I'll avoid discussing generalizations about things like adultery, people's daily efforts, or dating habits...i can say I'm fortunate enough to not know that world very well or have to worry about or try to senslessly judge or criticize what people that fit into these categories are doing...no, it's not entirely out of ignorance, it's more that it's just not very satisfying...to live like that would be living a low-quality life and my focus is elsewhere...

Quality is very subjective i agree

Its all a matter of opinion

And yes, there clearly is a market for RG

Seeing as how its an epidemic right now

I just dont wanna see every tom dick and harry small indie studio following in their footsteps

RG is on my “figuratively speaking” banned list

if they just had the one ps4 and ps vita stacks, that would be one thing

but to see 6+ stacks for each port they publish is an outrage, so im done supporting a studio that wants to nickle and dime us out of our hobby, good job guy, you got me for like $35 but thats it!

heres an idea RG, when you publish one game, get off its nutts and just publish a different one

one game, one list, period!

Pretty soon psnprofiles is gonna need to be renamed to ratalaikaprofiles 

and when that day comes, i want my premium membership fee refunded lol

• Like 1

On 27/04/2019 at 7:07 PM, Property_Damage said:

Quality is very subjective i agree

I just dont wanna see every tom dick and harry small indie studio following in their footsteps

then I think we have found common ground which is always pleasant...

personally, I see ratalaika as just another company capitalizing on a market that no one had bothered catering to...as an entrepreneur myself who appreciates companies giving more options to consumers to choose from, part of me can't help but applaud them...my guess is that if they continue doing what they're doing, they will find steady profit with the niche market they cater to but never really go beyond that...i don't think that this type of game will ever become rampantly popular because there just isn't enough demand for console games that focus primarily on being cheap, simple, and quick, but only moderately enjoyable (which seems to be a common opinion on this site)...

funny thing is I couldn't even name a single game they have released...i would be curious to know how many people are owners of their games on this site...are we talking hundreds?...thousands?...tens or hundreds of thousands?...more/less?...imo this number might hint at whether or not i may be correct in assuming it is indeed simply a niche market they appeal to or if in fact the extrapolation that this may become a trend that could potentially spiral out of control is more likely...

allow me to drop a final question that is perhaps a bit scary to ponder for competitive trophy hunters in terms of acquiring easy trophies...wouldn't it be crazy if at some point devs started a trend of releasing a "trophy pass" option available for purchase in the store for those who don't feel like spending their time achieving their requirements?...do you guys think sony would want or be able to contain them?...and how popular do you think it could become?...niche market or game breaker?...

Edited by ProfBambam55

On 2019-04-29 at 10:43 AM, ProfBambam55 said:

personally, I see ratalaika as just another company capitalizing on a market that no one had bothered catering to...as an entrepreneur myself who appreciates companies giving more options to consumers to choose from, part of me can't help but applaud them...my guess is that if they continue doing what they're doing, they will find steady profit with the niche market they cater to but never really go beyond that...i don't think that this type of game will ever become rampantly popular because there just isn't enough demand for console games that focus primarily on being cheap, simple, and quick, but only moderately enjoyable (which seems to be a common opinion on this site)...

This is exactly why I’m of the opinion that there is a place for these types of games on the market. But not in their current form.

Like you said, these games will probably never achieve mainstream popularity and recognition. They’re intended for a niche market within an already small market - the trophy whores within the trophy hunting and gaming community. And Ratalaika is clever in the way they’ve rampantly exploited the system Sony has in place. As much at fault as they are, I feel the brunt of the blame lies at Sony’s feet for allowing these kinds of business practices to continue.

The main problem people have, including myself, is that these 15 minute - 1 hour platinums being released weekly with 6x regional stacks should NOT come with a trophy list containing a platinum and 10 gold trophies. That is where this whole thing starts getting out of control. In their current form these practices not only threaten the integrity of this hobby we all enjoy so much, but encourages very unhealthy behaviour as well. On that I think most of us can agree, and those who don’t are most likely the exact kinds of people Ratalaika is exploiting.

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 0:43 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

i would be curious to know how many people are owners of their games on this site...are we talking hundreds?...thousands?...tens or hundreds of thousands?...more/less?...imo this number might hint at whether or not i may be correct in assuming it is indeed simply a niche market they appeal to or if in fact the extrapolation that this may become a trend that could potentially spiral out of control is more likely...

This should be all of their games. There's exactly one that has reached 10,000+. A number in the thousands. Don't know what that proves, but I checked out of curiosity. Lol.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 6:09 AM, TheYuriG said:

Glad to see someone else saying it.

It's so sad that people are constantly comparing themselves to others as if that was any representation of their own being.

Are you a worse person because the dude next door has more money? better grades? a 'better grade' dog? bigger house? a hotter love partner? 'better' job?

The only thing capable of defining someone is themselves. A random statistic from another person, close or far, does not and will not change who you are.

When I started trophy hunting, I never gauged my own worth by what other people accomplished.

Was I jealous people could master games I couldn’t? (Absolutely)

However, I started trophy hunting and more importantly playing video games because I enjoy both for fun.

I really am getting sick of the toxic crap people are spewing on not just a trophy site, but a community based one. Let’s see a little less negativity for a week or two guys. These threads pop up everyday. 

Let’s not bite each other’s heads off and get along or at least learn to tolerate each other.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

This should be all of their games. There's exactly one that has reached 10,000+. A number in the thousands. Don't know what that proves, but I checked out of curiosity. Lol.

it proves nothing but it certainly does satisfy curiosity, thanks...i was kind of wondering what their games were and if the individual sales so far have been impressively overwhelming or not...i don't think we will see many devs copying this business strategy if projected sales top out at 10 000...and at $4/game (is that what they cost?...thought i saw it somewhere...) that's $40 000...might be great if only a one-man show but pennies in terms of running a decent-sized business or attracting fierce competition...

edit : ok, so I really like numbers and decided to total up all the owners and put together some quick numbers to satisfy the business side of my curiosity...according to your link ratalaika's total sales are 198 544 units over 105 titles...that makes average sales 1891 owners/game...at $4/game that's $794 176 just under a 2-year period...really nothing too crazy...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

I really am getting sick of the toxic crap people are spewing on not just a trophy site, but a community based one. Let’s see a little less negativity for a week or two guys. These threads pop up everyday. 

Let’s not bite each other’s heads off and get along or at least learn to tolerate each other.

When you’re on a website like this one, and trust me I’ve been on a LOT of them, then there is going to be negativity, mostly thanks to the fact that some of us are keyboard warriors and we can’t just fully accept that somebody has a negative opinion or whose opinion falls contrary to someone else’s. 

Then people grow up and realize that all this nonsense complaining is fruitless, and they move on. 

75 percent of these conversations wouldn’t exist if we had to voice chat, or talk to one another in person. Anonymity grants people this air of entitlement that their opinion is somehow better. Thus this is why even with accomplished trophy hunters, a little disagreement can turn into a flame war. 

37 minutes ago, Spaz said:

When you’re on a website like this one, and trust me I’ve been on a LOT of them, then there is going to be negativity, mostly thanks to the fact that some of us are keyboard warriors and we can’t just fully accept that somebody has a negative opinion or whose opinion falls contrary to someone else’s. 

Then people grow up and realize that all this nonsense complaining is fruitless, and they move on. 

75 percent of these conversations wouldn’t exist if we had to voice chat, or talk to one another in person. Anonymity grants people this air of entitlement that their opinion is somehow better. Thus this is why even with accomplished trophy hunters, a little disagreement can turn into a flame war. 

I would say every word I have said to you or anyone in person and face to face. I am not a complacent person. I believe positivity can spur change. Accepting negativity, and also participating in it does nothing but hurt you and others. You have a choice. Respond to topics like this with helpful and positive contributions/opinions or simply be content with the status quo. Those that aren’t content with the status quo can make a difference. It is hard, but possible.

• Like 1

People need to chill and get some perspective about their place in the universe. For every person better off than you, there's someone whose worse off. It applies to finances, education, happiness, and trophies. Dont fret over what others do.

Some days I like to spend months grinding away at a hard game. Afterwards I like to decompress with some fast plats to keep a pseudo average up. People scoff at these easy games, but theyre still games. Low budget, direct to video but still exist, and pretending they dont is dumb.

If effort means so much to you, then luckily theres a rarity measure.

TL:DR People who say theyre gamers, but hate certain games and the people who play them, have issues they need to work out.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Startyde said:

People need to chill and get some perspective about their place in the universe. For every person better off than you, there's someone whose worse off. It applies to finances, education, happiness, and trophies. Dont fret over what others do.

Some days I like to spend months grinding away at a hard game. Afterwards I like to decompress with some fast plats to keep a pseudo average up. People scoff at these easy games, but theyre still games. Low budget, direct to video but still exist, and pretending they dont is dumb.

If effort means so much to you, then luckily theres a rarity measure.

TL:DR People who say theyre gamers, but hate certain games and the people who play them, have issues they need to work out.

I agree. No one appointed anyone trophy judge despite the numerous applicants in this thread...lol!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

I would say every word I have said to you or anyone in person and face to face. I am not a complacent person. I believe positivity can spur change. Accepting negativity, and also participating in it does nothing but hurt you and others. You have a choice. Respond to topics like this with helpful and positive contributions/opinions or simply be content with the status quo. Those that aren’t content with the status quo can make a difference. It is hard, but possible.

I don’t waste my time spreading hate on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or basically any mainline social media website. 

But when someone makes a critical opinion about something then someone else feels the need to bring them down. That is negativity in one of it’s lowest forms.

A decade ago I was the victim of cyber bullying in which I had to leave this website I used to frequent. If you decide to make a critical opinion on something, even if it’s harsh, then you better be prepared to take in opposing viewpoints. 

I have been in a lot of conversations with people over the years on politics and religion and I know where many of them lead into. I’ve said a few things on Donald Trump and that was enough to get people to delete me off their friends list and start attacking me. That is no debate or some simple agree to disagree situation. It’s the fact that people have become far too sensitive for their own good. 

The thread I made last month was proof people took their hobby far too seriously. I wonder at times if there’s really any point in debating because why the fuck would I make a point if people are just going to attack me straight out of the blue? 

Many forum websites tend to bring out the worst of the worst. We are people. But if we can’t accept that there will be negativity in our lives then that tells me we aren’t readily able to handle a number of situations that could pop up in the future. 

I don’t embrace or accept negativity. It’s one reason why I stopped watching the news and why I don’t bother with a lot of news websites anymore. 

Because this is a trophy hunting website, we share a lot of the same passions. If I wasn’t interested in making conversations then I wouldn’t of posted here to begin with.

Edited by Spaz

On 2019-04-27 at 10:38 AM, Property_Damage said:

Im done with this studio, i think i have 1 more of there games but im boycotting them from here on out, you know this guys laughing all the way to the bank and you guys just keep funding his projects and keep giving him support, giving them publicity and free advertisement 

are the games Ratalaika games publishes any good? No, not really!  

As far as I know none of these games are original, they’re all ports. 

Given some of them, I’m going to disagree that they’re not good. Some seem to be and the only one I played was fine. Some don’t look great, but just don’t buy them. I don’t see why people think an easy plat makes a game bad. 

That seems to just be the assumption. Based on not much of anything.

On 2019-04-27 at 0:04 PM, Spinosaurus Rex said:

Moreover, it's lack of respect to developers work, when Rat says to them "give people plat after 15 minutes of gameplay, you'll get better cash results! Don't make players experiencing your game fully!".

From what it sounds like, the guy who is in charge of that is at Rat and he says he sucks at the games so can’t even test trophies in later parts of some of these games. Whether he’s lying or not, I don’t know, but I found that Daggerhood did get pretty challenging after you get the platinum. That’s the only one I’ve played (that I know of). And I believe in that for for Daggerhood is where he posted about this. 

based on twitter it seems more “want your game ported to Switch, Vita/PS4, Xbone? Contact us!” Not “make trophies easy and make money.” That’s clearly part of the strategy in pricing and regional stacks. But I doubt the actual game developers really factor into those decisions. 

They are ports, some of which are a few years old now. 

The people derailing Rat Games is because I think they’re making more stacks, certainly a lot more now then they were last year. 

If they were porting over just one stack, most of these conversations wouldn’t exist. 

The games do get more difficult as you as you progress through them. Some people are complaining because you have to do maybe 10 - 20 percent of the game at the most, certainly far away from beating them. 

Then there is of course paying for the games on an account that is linked to a different region. I had to do this when I stacked Sound Shapes. 

But again, like with the “Mein Leben” bitching thread, and people getting irritated that Hitman 2 doesn’t have a platinum, they need something to complain about. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...