Thank You, Ratalaika Games

HouraiTeahouse

Just because a lot of games with easy, fast... slightly pathetic plats start coming out, that shouldn't discourage you to stop trophy hunting, -if- you enjoy it. The ones you decide to go for still have value if you put the time/effort into getting them, I'll always treasure the ones I have that took over 100 hours. I don't plan to stop trophy hunting because someone else has 200 instant plats, I know how much work I have in my games, & something someone else has won't change that... if anything, it just shows they have more disposable income than me. ?

• Like 2

Another day, another Anti-Ratalaika topic where the first 15 posts farm all the upvotes they can get. If you don't like the leaderboards, don't look at them. If you don't like the games, don't play them.

Me personally I like the games and I don't miss Nd the easy plats, I don't go for stacks just do it once it's over. I like breaking up a monotonous grind with a few easy laid back plats. My list has  quite a few of these games but the fact I have them doesn't diminish my harder and longer games I have completed in my eyes

4 hours ago, Heartlesswaheart said:

First and foremost, this isn't sarcasm. This is completely genuine.

As I'm sure a number of you have known recently, whether you like it or not, Ratalaika Games has dumped out a lot of zero effort plats that have pretty notably devalued them because of how much you can stack them. Now, this is important because thanks to that, I came to a realization that since there's functionally no difference between a plat from them and a plat that requires effort and because of how they're making collecting plats to be more about how much you're willing to pay than how much you're willing to do. Granted, this has always been there (how many of you have Hannah Montana the Movie because of its easy plat?), but it hasn't been to this extent. Because of this, I've stopped caring about bothering with trophies because of how worthless they're making them, and because I expect this trend to continue and attract copycats with how much infamy they're getting.

The reason I see this as a good thing instead of a bad thing is because of the massive size of my backlog, which is in part so massive because I don't consider a game complete unless I get a plat or 100% even though I'd never complete most of them anyway. I no longer feel like games that I've beaten, but not completed, should qualify as unfinished, since what's the difference between that plat and a Ratalaika plat? If anything, the latter is more valuable because of its gold trophy count. It feels pointless to care about completion when that's the case.

Tl;dr: Trophies significantly lost their value to me because of Ratalaika Games and I no longer feel like there's any value in going out of my way for them.

I read your post and only your post, without scrolling down, and pretty much agree with it. I plan on going no further than this post however, because I'm in a good mood while crafting items in Final Fantasy XIV and I'd like to keep that good mood.

• Like 2

Hello, the subject of easy trophies invaded the site! Personally it's not even a subject and it's really not interesting, everyone plays and bought what makes him happy, that we spend 30 minutes on a game to get a platinum or 30 hours to farm a stupid trophy ( I did both) is a personal choice.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jaehyun1009 said:

Value of trophies are what you personally make of it.

I personally find joy in completing games and the challenges that come with them. Trophies are just a bonus and at most a guide to tackling what the game has to offer.

Let me put it this way: Would you be more satisfied with getting a super easy giveaway platinum or a platinum that you feel like it challenged you, made you pour time and effort into it?

Leaderboards shouldn't be all there is in determining what games you play, unless you put it above all else in priority.

I don't mind earning a platinum on games that give me a challenge (such as the first God of War's challenges, or the tactical challenges in Vanquish), but when it comes to things like Super Street Fighter 4 and the insane trials that require everything to be nothing less than perfection when performing the combos, then it just pisses me off. That is one of the reasons why I try to avoid certain fighting games like the plague.

As a few people said, to each their own, but I can't understand it, that some people seem to get triggered by other people's plats.
Why does it matter to you ? Imo you shoudl ALWAYS plat a game for your own sake, because you enjoyed it, not for other people.
Sure I played a lot of games just for the plat in my early days and still to from time to time, but my main focus is on games i truly enjoy playing.

Trophies for me are a little treat for finishing a task. Compare it to a dog, who did good or learned a new trick if you will ^^

Tl;Dr imo enjoy games for your own sake not for others

PS: Have a nice easter monday

26 minutes ago, GarciaFever said:

Btw I kind of forgot to mention this in my previous post, but which games are under this so called "Ratalaika Games"?

Games ported and/or published by ratalaika games.. aka games that require no effort in platting and has multiple stacks just to moneytize trophy hoarders.

With the many promoters on this site that posts a minute after a ratgames list comes out, I thought everyone would have know them by now :P

And while your at it. Also look at this thread:

Edited by Bumperklever

Trophy hunting is a fun way to see every aspect of a game, play it in different ways etc. The value of trophies has always been in that. Also, they have a rarity count for a reason (people who want bragging rights or to feel more accomplished). 

The main factor impacting someone's level is how much free time they gave, then how much money, then how much they care about trophies, then finally trophy difficulty.

If you don't enjoy trophies because you feel you aren't stacking up to others who basically buy easy plat games then I'm not judging, I'd just suggest you look at it from a slightly different perspective - that of how much fun and accomplishment you feel in getting trophies, not how it shows you measure up to other people.

I like trophies as extra challenges and memorable milestones, but my 39% completion rate is testimony to my willingness to drop a game I'm not enjoying.

Quick question: would it be better for you if PSN had rarity of a trophy impact things like level? Does level matter to you?

For a low price you have different thematic games, all enjoyable.
I must remember that in forums of the worst games does not appear any of Ratalaika which reaffirms my thought of quality at a very good price of Ratalaika.

Gracias Ratalaika Games ^o^

• Like 2