Thank You, Ratalaika Games

HouraiTeahouse

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

People get too worked up over this "value" thing, as if having more games or more platinums or more trophies or a higher completion percentage matters. Just play games you enjoy. If you have a profile full of games that you genuinely wanted to play -- whether or not you stuck it out to the bitter end -- then I think you're doing OK. For some people, the Ratalaika games are genuinely fun, and I don't really understand all the hatred towards them, as if people earning trophies in those games somehow "devalues" your profile.

It should always be about the games first.

But it's not when talking about Ratalaika. I guess the majority does not play them because they are interested in the game itself but rather the trophies. There it's trophies first. Otherwise it's hard to explain gems like Little Adventures on the Prairie an others.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kulzyc said:

First of all there's no such thing as ''valued/devalued'' trophies. They worth absolutely nothing since the beginning. Collecting them is just a fun hobby everyone on here have in common. If you're triggered because someone have more trophies than you because he play all the ratalaikagames and you decided to only play hardcore games, well, you need to reconsider your choices in life. Because that's pathetic. Let's face it guys, we're all losers here.

Yes but in our loser world trophies mean a lot. And coming from your argument no hobby has any value and is within their respective bubble full of losers. Right?

9 hours ago, Quink666 said:

It's funny to see alot of people here make a thread every now and then whining about other people who get more easy plats then them. Pro tip, just do and play the games you want to and stop worrying about other peoples profiles, No one cares about your profile so you shouldn't care about others. The value of the trophies is what you make of them, there is a rarity system if you really want to put a some kind of value to trophies. 

You don't care so much that you put your profile in your signature for everyone to see. ?

• Like 2

As much as I agree with the witch hunt on Ratalaika Games, there is one thing everybody seems to ignore. They weren't the ones to start the easy/no effort plat bullshit. Did you guys forget about all the japanese novel stuff, where you basically press a button here and there for 45 min to get a plat? I personally see no difference between novels and ratalaika stuff. If you want to get all those plats just to pump up your plat-count... well... good for you I guess? I prefer to play good games.

P.S. I am simply amazed each time someone with 100 plats (50 of them being 1/10 difficulty) adds me in psn mentioning: "I see you are also a completionist". Yeah... no..

9 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

Let's be honest here though, paying for games purely because of trophies is absolutely laughable. Don't get me wrong, it's your money and you do with that money whatever you please. But I find it absolutely laughable. Not only are you paying for games you mostly likely won't enjoy for some cheap plats, but you are also directly supporting this garbage for the future and devaluing a trophy system that isn't half bad at the moment. It's always the people with their "live and let live"-mentality that are the cause of the degeneration of stuff. Don't be afraid to speak out against it for the sake of being neutral. It's a garbage trend and needs to stop. But as far as people spending their money on whatever they want, I won't argue with that.

If we're being 'honest' here, it is not people who playgames for their enjoyment who are 'responsible' - it is people who have set their priorities on trophies rather than on playing games. It is the latter who care so much for ranks and rarities.

Just now, Rally-Vincent--- said:

If we're being 'honest' here, it is not people who playgames for their enjoyment who are 'responsible' - it is people who have set their priorities on trophies rather than on playing games. It is the latter who care so much for ranks and rarities.

I don't think you read what I'm actually saying, lad

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

I don't think you read what I'm actually saying, lad

Have I misterpreted than that you put people who just play their games and don't give a thing about a perceived 'value' on the trophy system into the 'live-and-let-live-group, then? Because players that don't care are the majority of people who post live-and-let-live, and you just emptied a bucket of blame over everyone.

26 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

It's always the people with their "live and let live"-mentality that are the cause of the degeneration of stuff.

• Like 1

@Bumperklever I can never tell who is a promoter or whatever, and I did not know anything about Ratalaika, let alone that people go on here to simply promote their games. I thought that when I clicked on the thread, it would give me a full list of what games are owned/published by Ratalaika. Either way, I am not interested in this company (or whatever you want to call it). Not because of the lack of difficulty in said games, but more on the lines of "if I don't hear any news or trailers on what the game is about, then I will not come across it"

8 hours ago, Brawler said:

I mean, OP basically said they're done going for trophies and will instead play what they want so I'm not sure what you're trying to do here.

i ment trophy wise.

@Gommes_

as bad as that game was at least they did it for a purpose, they used the money to back a project that they were already working on 

Edited by Leenewbe
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, STARLOVE said:

No, I did not put the people who just play games without valuing trophies int he live and let live-group. That spot is reserved for the people who don't speak out against the issue because of a fake sense of neutrality. So yes, you didn't get what I was saying. The live-and-let-live crowd are often apathetic. When there are clear sides to be taken, when there is something truly wrong, one should speak out against this instead of pretending to be centrist. It's just apathy.

To give you an analogy. A while back, a bunch of homosexuals were executed for religious reasons. A lot of people were saying "it's their country, live and let live!" It is people like this who can not condemn obvious bad things that are a major cause of the degeneration of all sorts of things. Now, before you go or some other people who can't comprehend what an analogy means go like "DiD YoU JuSt CoMpaRe TropHiEs To aN ExeCutioN?" No I didn't, it's to demonstrate that you can not be affected by things and still take sides and you should.

Saying that people who buy these trophies, not games, are to be left alone is just a stance you can take when you're too lazy to actually call out bad practices.

You can't argue from "my opinion is true and yours is false', because true and false relates to facts. Only facts can be true or false, opinions are always subjective. So if your basis is a false one, it is no wonder you don't come over like you intend.

Stating that what happens with Rat trophies is "truely wrong" as a fact in false in itself. It is not a fact. You can have an opinion on that, like anybody else can. Labeling someone who doesn't give that sort of thing any importance does not make them 'lazy'. Your opinion does not make facts (no opinion does).

So yes, you did group ülayers-for-the-playing-sake in that group and blamed them.

Edited by Rally-Vincent---

For those that care about the prestige and rarity of their plats compared to those of others, there is another tracking site (which I won't name here) that does what PSNP does but also includes a rarity ratio. The harder, less frequently earned trophies are valued higher and your overall score is higher. It's all based around simple math that I think PSNP could easily implement given what they've already managed to track so far.

Put that feature on the site and I think everyone could stay happy.

7 minutes ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

You can't argue from "my opinion is true and yours is false', because true and fals relates to facts. Only facts can be true or false, opinions are always subjective. So if you basis is a false one, it is no wonder you don't come over like you intend.

Stating that what happens with Rat trophies is "truely wrong" as a fact in false in itself. It is not a fact. You can have an opinion on that, like anybody else can. Labeling someone who doesn't give that sort of thing any importance does not make them 'lazy'.

You are not getting what I am saying and it is probably the language barier. I am not arguing for who is right and who is wrong. I am saying that people refuse to take in a position for being centrist and therefore contributing to the further degeneration of in this case the trophy system.

From opinions you can derive what is wrong or what is right, what is true and what is false. But no, being centrist when there are clear sides to be taken is lazy thinking, or stupidity.

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadStanley said:

For those that care about the prestige and rarity of their plats compared to those of others, there is another tracking site (which I won't name here) that does what PSNP does but also includes a rarity ratio. The harder, less frequently earned trophies are valued higher and your overall score is higher. It's all based around simple math that I think PSNP could easily implement given what they've already managed to track so far.

This website did in fact, prior to December 2016, have a rarity ratio statistic on the front page of our trophy profiles. Since the website overhaul, that was removed. You can however, view it in STATS.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Spaz said:

This website did in fact, prior to December 2016, have a rarity ratio statistic on the front page of our trophy profiles. Since the website overhaul, that was removed. You can however, view it in STATS.

Good to know, maybe now the time to bring that number back to the front page or on a leader board

56 minutes ago, DeadStanley said:

PSNP has had this for a while too, https://psnprofiles.com/leaderboard/rarity . It calculates your trophy points based on the rariy they have on PSNP. 

However it's not a feature yet and has been in limbo for ~2 years. You can read up about it here: 

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

I don't mind earning a platinum on games that give me a challenge (such as the first God of War's challenges, or the tactical challenges in Vanquish), but when it comes to things like Super Street Fighter 4 and the insane trials that require everything to be nothing less than perfection when performing the combos, then it just pisses me off. That is one of the reasons why I try to avoid certain fighting games like the plague.

I do understand this concern somewhat... especially with wolf 2 and mein leben. I love the game and completed it on second highest difficulty without the lure of a platinum trophy but permadeath with unskippable cutscenes... I admit I doubt I have the patience to see it out.

If things get too frustrating I just use my better judgment and stop and either come back to it later or forget about it altogether. I do care about completion but not to the extent of frustrating myself in trying to complete every last bit I can (happens very rarely though)... although that’s a different debate topic altogether.

I skimmed through the replies, but as many others have said, trophy hunting is what you make of it. If you enjoy increasing your platinum count, then play these games...And if not, don't. You are technically always paying for an increase in trophy count, whether you spend 200 hours for a Witcher platinum or 10 minutes on a Ratalaika platinum. I've never felt like the platinum count of other users have meant anything anyway, even before the whole wave of ezpz games. Those who have more time and more money will always have more trophies, regardless of what they play. 

I agree with those that think if your profile is just a bunch of stacked platinums that took a few minutes to achieve, then your account is basically trash. 

I love the challenge that comes with getting a plat trophy. Be it a stupid fighting game, a ridiculous difficulty or a lengthy grind. I value the commitment it takes to get those and disregard those that pay for a multitude of easy/no effort platinums.

(Yes I know I have Slyde, Mr Massagy and My Name is Mayo. At least they aren't stacked. Dont judge me)

• Like 1

Ooh...stupid Ratalaika thread #132,416!

14 minutes ago, Im_Jeck said:

(Yes I know I have Slyde, Mr Massagy and My Name is Mayo. At least they aren't stacked. Dont judge me)

LOL. Classic.

Hey everyone - I know I murdered that guy, but come on! Hitler killed so many more.

56 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Don't understand why people just don't play what they want to play and not worry about what everyone else is doing? 

These posts are just as painful. "I only care about what I want to play...and I also care about whether other people hold that same opinion!

So, anyway, I feel like that guy in Suikoden 5 that has to rail against the Godwins for like 10 minutes before he joins your party. My take: judge other people all you want. Play Ratalaika games all you want. Play tough-as-nails games like Meat Boy and Necrodancer all you want. But for the love of God, keep it in one thread.

I honestly wish the forum would create a "Ratalaika" subforum, so this nonsense doesn't continue to infect other parts of this site.

• Like 1