Thank You, Ratalaika Games

HouraiTeahouse

4 hours ago, DDAM said:

Buddy, the only reason I posted in this thread is because you had an analogy comparing not having an opinion about ezpz games as the same as not having an opinion whether or not people are killed based on their sexual orientation. 

Let me be clear, I don’t care what you play. You can play ezpz, you can grind MP games, you can play MP games on 4 consoles cuz nobody plays the game anymore, you can force skip VNs or you can only play games that are under 5% rarity. Whatever makes you happy, go do it. I don’t think any of those are wrong or right. 

Additionally I don’t view the gaming industry as a zero sum game. Just because one single developer is making ezpz trophy lists for ports from flash/phone games doesn’t mean that every developer will follow suit. Just like I don’t think because some very popular games over past 5 years have been multiplayer than singple player only games are dead. 

It doesnt take take away form your accomplishments if someone had more trophies than you. As long as you’re having fun, game on. 

Did you really just misuse the analogy I just used even though I explicetly explained its purpose three or four times now? 

Must I really explain again that I think they are nowhere near comparable seveity wise and that the paralel you should draw from it is that not caring when faced with an obviously bad practice perpetuates it. Nowhere did I ever talk of degrees of caring and it hold no value in the discussion. 

And yes, it is not necessarily true that more companies will follow suit. But it is reasonable to think so. 

It absolutely blows me away how I have to again come to the conclusion that even though I explicitely mention what I mean several times, people will still misrepresent it.

The claim I make is simple. By not speaking out against this bad trend or being laisser faire about it, one almost certainly perpetuates said bad trend. Is that so unreasonable, is that really the dumbest thing to say? I am done with this. It's really tiring to me to always go down this road. You have a nice day.

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 2

Man, every thread about Ratalaika always tries as hard as possible to be whinier and more pathetic than the last.

Some people care about how many platinum trophies a person has and others care about the quality of each platinum trophy a person has. Ultimately, if someone has a lot of Ratalaika plats, then you can hold that against them, but the opinion about them varies from person to person. If you detest these plats, then just make note of that when you judge a person's trophy list and have fun doing what you wanna do without exploiting Ratalaika plats. I have some of them, and if others care about that, then that's fine and you can judge me accordingly to your ideals, but getting up in arms about it isn't helping anybody. We aren't doing ourselves any favors by getting hostile every time that Ratalaika comes up, so instead let's act more positive as a community and let things go and accept that Ratalaika is gonna Ratalaika, especially since us talking about it does nothing more than provide them with more free advertising.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Nope, and I don't intend to because I despise them as a company and I wouldn't want to give them my money.

Be honest with me here. Out of all the Rat Game owners on this site, how many do you think actually played past the platinum? I'm willing to bet a tiny, insignificant percentage of them, but despite this, I constantly see people talk about how "fun" they are. I'm sure some of the games they publish aren't total crap, but I'm just wondering how much fun you can really have with a game when you're spending less than an hour with it before moving onto something else. Just seems like people are using that to cover for the real reason they're playing the game, which is the quick boost to their trophy stats. Let's not pretend like people are playing Rat Games for their quality.

I must be part of the tiny minority then, because I thoroughly enjoyed One More Dungeon, and I will continue to promote that game as a heavily underrated gem. 

Since we're so keen on employing reductive reasoning though, how long did you continue playing after achieving the platinum on Hitman: Go? Sound Shapes? The masterpiece that is Paint Park?

Seems you're just attempting to cover for the real reason you're playing those games, which was the quick boost to your trophy stats. Let's not pretend you said anything of substance in this thread. 

Wow, amazing how remarkably easy it was to stoop to your level. 

• Like 3

I don't understand the purpose in making these types of threads, it's obvious that majority of users are pro for these games. But I do think it's funny that people here who plat these games get defensive and start insulting people lol. People get so strung up over little things, I hope at the end of the day everyone has fun with what they do :D

Edited by ihate_ray
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

Man, every thread about Ratalaika always tries as hard as possible to be whinier and more pathetic than the last.

Some people care about how many platinum trophies a person has and others care about the quality of each platinum trophy a person has. Ultimately, if someone has a lot of Ratalaika plats, then you can hold that against them, but the opinion about them varies from person to person. If you detest these plats, then just make note of that when you judge a person's trophy list and have fun doing what you wanna do without exploiting Ratalaika plats. I have some of them, and if others care about that, then that's fine and you can judge me accordingly to your ideals, but getting up in arms about it isn't helping anybody. We aren't doing ourselves any favors by getting hostile every time that Ratalaika comes up, so instead let's act more positive as a community and let things go and accept that Ratalaika is gonna Ratalaika, especially since us talking about it does nothing more than provide them with more free advertising.

Mmm mhm... 

I’m going to list a quick recap of some of the threads that have sparked heated debate... 

1. The “Mein Leben” bitching thread. 

2. My thread regarding my feelings of the leaderboards that got locked. 

3. Literally every Ratalalika thread. 

And about 100 other threads, especially in regards to gambling, lootboxes and going as far as to judge an entire game because it doesn’t have a platinum.

If this forum website was just about us agreeing with each other, shaking hands, act like nothing was wrong, I would of left this place a long time ago. 

This place would be pretty goddamn boring if people just agreed with each other and acted as if they were cut from the same cloth. 

You probably don’t like some people based on their opinions regarding Ratalalika Games, but they have just as much right to speak their minds as those who support this company. I have said this multiple times and some people still can’t wrap that around them and accept it. That’s what irritates me. 

Some of us act and perform as elitists but I would argue that achievement/trophy hunting was sort of an elitist hobby to begin with. 

If anything I think we would be happier if the people who work for Ratalalika were to come and say why they’ve been putting out these games these past few months. But I don’t think they’re going to do that, which is why these threads continue to get moaning and whining. 

But just like that idiotic “Mein Leben bitching thread”, people in time will forget about this and business will go as usual.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Mmm mhm... 

I’m going to list a quick recap of some of the threads that have sparked heated debate... 

1. The “Mein Leben” bitching thread. 

2. My thread regarding my feelings of the leaderboards that got locked. 

3. Literally every Ratalalika thread. 

And about 100 other threads, especially in regards to gambling, lootboxes and going as far as to judge an entire game because it doesn’t have a platinum.

If this forum website was just about us agreeing with each other, shaking hands, act like nothing was wrong, I would of left this place a long time ago. 

This place would be pretty goddamn boring if people just agreed with each other and acted as if they were cut from the same cloth. 

You probably don’t like some people based on their opinions regarding Ratalalika Games, but they have just as much right to speak their minds as those who support this company. I have said this multiple times and some people still can’t wrap that around them and accept it. That’s what irritates me. 

Some of us act and perform as elitists but I would argue that achievement/trophy hunting was sort of an elitist hobby to begin with. 

If anything I think we would be happier if the people who work for Ratalalika were to come and say why they’ve been putting out these games these past few months. But I don’t think they’re going to do that, which is why these threads continue to get moaning and whining. 

But just like that idiotic “Mein Leben bitching thread”, people in time will forget about this and business will go as usual.

You're right that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if I wrote otherwise (which going over what I wrote, it did sound a bit like I did), I apologize because I don't mind people that hate Ratalaika games. I hate people who attack others for liking, or at least not hating, Ratalaika games. Healthy discussion with good conversation about differing opinions is fantastic, and everyone agreeing in some sort of bland circlejerk would be bland and worthless, but when people get hostile or antagonistic about their differing opinions, whether it be about Ratalaika or Mein Leben or hacking consequences or the value of trophy hunting or the toppings of pizza, that's when I find that things get problematic. I would say that elitism isn't what the community should be shooting for but instead a strong sense of pride in accomplishing what many haven't or can't. I can be proud to platinum "John Madden's Elite Dance & Dunk 3: Advanced Edition Featuring Shaq from the Shaq-Fu Series" when others can't, but to hold it above those who are struggling and put them down is a different story. But trophy hunting will go on and people will discuss in good and bad ways, so I can just hope that people don't get too antagonistic.

Sorry if my posts are scatterbrained or hard to follow, the end of this college semester is kicking my ass and forcing me to call it daddy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SeedersPhD said:

You're right that everyone is entitled to their opinion, and if I wrote otherwise (which going over what I wrote, it did sound a bit like I did), I apologize because I don't mind people that hate Ratalaika games. I hate people who attack others for liking, or at least not hating, Ratalaika games. Healthy discussion with good conversation about differing opinions is fantastic, and everyone agreeing in some sort of bland circlejerk would be bland and worthless, but when people get hostile or antagonistic about their differing opinions, whether it be about Ratalaika or Mein Leben or hacking consequences or the value of trophy hunting or the toppings of pizza, that's when I find that things get problematic. I would say that elitism isn't what the community should be shooting for but instead a strong sense of pride in accomplishing what many haven't or can't. I can be proud to platinum "John Madden's Elite Dance & Dunk 3: Advanced Edition Featuring Shaq from the Shaq-Fu Series" when others can't, but to hold it above those who are struggling and put them down is a different story. But trophy hunting will go on and people will discuss in good and bad ways, so I can just hope that people don't get too antagonistic.

Sorry if my posts are scatterbrained or hard to follow, the end of this college semester is kicking my ass and forcing me to call it daddy.

You fit everything nicely in a nutshell. 

There’s nothing more I can say that hasn’t already been said, so I’ll just leave this be.

1 hour ago, Im_Jeck said:

Dont feel personally attacked by my opinion.

I PERSONALLY dont care much for profiles that have a ton of stacked common plats. Good on you for getting so many UR's and dedicating the time to do so. Again, I personally dont like the aesthetic look of all of those super common platinums stacked one after another. 

Dont let my stupid opinion take away from your own achievements. You arent getting those platinums to please me 1f44d.png

You do what makes you happy

Dude this comment right here is golden

I have met a lot of people who ONLY get UR stuff like one of my friends in particular who I know IRL and who got me into Playstation in general

I asked why he went only after things that were that hard to get and he said to me flatly that it was to look good

Like imagine being that way man it must absolutely suck only judging yourself by how others view you :/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STARLOVE said:

Did you really just misuse the analogy I just used even though I explicetly explained its purpose three or four times now? 

Must I really explain again that I think they are nowhere near comparable seveity wise and that the paralel you should draw from it is that not caring when faced with an obviously bad practice perpetuates it. Nowhere did I ever talk of degrees of caring and it hold no value in the discussion. 

And yes, it is not necessarily true that more companies will follow suit. But it is reasonable to think so. 

It absolutely blows me away how I have to again come to the conclusion that even though I explicitely mention what I mean several times, people will still misrepresent it.

The claim I make is simple. By not speaking out against this bad trend or being laisser faire about it, one almost certainly perpetuates said bad trend. Is that so unreasonable, is that really the dumbest thing to say? I am done with this. It's really tiring to me to always go down this road. You have a nice day.

It was wrong to take you serious because you obviously don’t understand that just because you think it’s a bad trend it doesn’t make it so. There is nothing inherently wrong with easy trophy lists. There is nothing inherently wrong with people stacking ezpz plats. 

What is wrong is using an analogy of killing people for sexual preference to make a point about something as meaningless as trophy hunting is in the great scheme of things. 

The main leaderboard has a set of rules and people that climb to the top it attempt to climb  to the top use whatever means necessary to get there with the exception of cheating as set forth by the site. Whether is boosting MP trophies, stacking lists, auto popping trophies, game sharing, using vita trick to play vita stacks out of region, etc. it’s all good. Everyone knows the rules and plays by them. 

Now if you want your own leaderboard that uses whatever arbitrary rules go ahead and set it up. Ain’t nobody stopping you. But please, stop using analogies about killing people when trying to make point about trophy hunting as a hobby. 

Use analogies about coin collecting, Bennie babies, baseball cards, MTG cards, playboy issues, or LoL dolls. Those are the things similar to trophy hunting. 

Edited by DDAM

3 hours ago, PFinchen said:

*stops reading New York Times because it was depressing*

*goes to PSNProfiles for some light hearted fun*

*comes across 160 reply argument about trophies and trophy quality*

*puts phone down garbage disposal*

Don't worry. It's fake news.

5 hours ago, DDAM said:

It was wrong to take you serious because you obviously don’t understand that just because you think it’s a bad trend it doesn’t make it so. There is nothing inherently wrong with easy trophy lists. There is nothing inherently wrong with people stacking ezpz plats. 

What is wrong is using an analogy of killing people for sexual preference to make a point about something as meaningless as trophy hunting is in the great scheme of things. 

The main leaderboard has a set of rules and people that climb to the top it attempt to climb  to the top use whatever means necessary to get there with the exception of cheating as set forth by the site. Whether is boosting MP trophies, stacking lists, auto popping trophies, game sharing, using vita trick to play vita stacks out of region, etc. it’s all good. Everyone knows the rules and plays by them. 

Now if you want your own leaderboard that uses whatever arbitrary rules go ahead and set it up. Ain’t nobody stopping you. But please, stop using analogies about killing people when trying to make point about trophy hunting as a hobby. 

Use analogies about coin collecting, Bennie babies, baseball cards, MTG cards, playboy issues, or LoL dolls. Those are the things similar to trophy hunting. 

Surely you are trolling at this stage?

1. I never said that me thinking it's bad makes it so. As a matter of fact, I said numerous times now that some opinions carry more weight than others, which is again another case against the laisser fair attitude. Why are you making this stuff up? The main argument I made is that buying games for trophies, may enable other companies to bank on this, which is already happening and in turn puts developers off from actual greating a game, and instead pandering to cheap trophy addicts. You do not address this point, you just spin around it, changing it into something else and again arguing with things I never really argued in the first place.

2. I can't believe you still do not understand the purpose of an analogy. I have said it FIVE times now, that the story behind the analogy is of no importance, only the paralels you draw from it and the conclusion it leads to. Namely: That just because something does not affect you, or you do not care about it, that it doesn't mean you should neglect the issue and not care. I obviously know that caring about the killing of homosexuals because of religious reasons holds a lot more weight than trophies, but that is NOT the point. I honestly feel like I'm arguing with a brick here. Five times, my dude, I had to explain this to you for you to only repeat the same thing over and over again.

3. Already been discussed with another user, I see you didn't read my posts at all. If that isn't typical as well of people like yourself. Claiming I am full of it, but then when you start arguing it's blatantly obvious you never even read what it said. Because you would have known that I said it's understandable for the top ranking people to use these stacks as they otherwise couldn't keep up. I did make the sidenote however, that just because you use them for obvious reason, it doesn't mean you can find them bullshit and it doesn't mean you have to "not care".

4. See point 2

It is shocking, the way you are twisting this conversation just because you are keen on being right. Are you really trying to tell me that after me telling you 5 times what the purpose of an analogy is and even in my opening post mockinly stating that: " Now, before you go or some other people who can't comprehend what an analogy means go like "DiD YoU JuSt CoMpaRe TropHiEs To aN ExeCutioN?" No I didn't, it's to demonstrate that you can not be affected by things and still take sides and you should. "

That is literally what I said and here we are, me talking to a walking parody 5 times over. Like, man ... We really are done here lmao. Been insulting me, belittling me and always responding with the same generic already discussed things. It was the same in a Sekiro discussion a while back. But then at least some dude commended me on my patience. I feel like you're just playing dumb and trolling. I don't have the time to deal with this anymore.

Edited by STARLOVE
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

As much as I agree with the witch hunt on Ratalaika Games, there is one thing everybody seems to ignore. They weren't the ones to start the easy/no effort plat bullshit. Did you guys forget about all the japanese novel stuff, where you basically press a button here and there for 45 min to get a plat? I personally see no difference between novels and ratalaika stuff. If you want to get all those plats just to pump up your plat-count... well... good for you I guess? I prefer to play good games.

P.S. I am simply amazed each time someone with 100 plats (50 of them being 1/10 difficulty) adds me in psn mentioning: "I see you are also a completionist". Yeah... no..

Oh please. Played the way they're intended to be played - actual reading - visual novels often take longer than big AAA games.

Steins;Gate is 50+ hours, Danganronpa games can go into the 100+ hour mark.

This is a prime example of why trophy whores are a big problem. They're ruining the reputation of actual good games.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Oh please. Played the way they're intended to be played - actual reading - visual novels often take longer than big AAA games.

Steins;Gate is 50+ hours, Danganronpa games can go into the 100+ hour mark.

This is a prime example of why trophy whores are a big problem. They're ruining the reputation of actual good games.

By that logic, this is why trophies are a problem. They ruin the reputation of games. Since you know, most gamers think they’re stupid and that we’re all losers trying to flex our epeen, and have no purpose and only serve to interrupt and take away. Some people literally blame achievements and trophies for the lack of content some games have these days.  

Hard to argue at at times when some are literally for the accomplishment of watching an intro, or pressing start. Deadpool’s game makes fun of those sorts of trophies. Twice. Even makes fun of general attitudes of being completely done with games once you get the trophies with the plat name 

Okay, you can sell the game now

At a certain point, you just have to stop caring what people think. Because people will always look down on you in some way or another. Especially with trophies. I’d be curious to know the ages of people like yourself. Older I get the less I care what people think. Do shit for you, not for others. As soon as you do, the “reputation” of trophies won’t matter. Since it’s about what you are doing for yourself. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Im_Jeck said:

Dont feel personally attacked by my opinion.

I PERSONALLY dont care much for profiles that have a ton of stacked common plats. Good on you for getting so many UR's and dedicating the time to do so. Again, I personally dont like the aesthetic look of all of those super common platinums stacked one after another. 

Dont let my stupid opinion take away from your own achievements. You arent getting those platinums to please me 1f44d.png

You do what makes you happy

I didn't take it as you were attacking me, I was just using my profile as an example. What I was trying to say is in your eyes, what number of common plats = to UR trophies and because I have a fair few common plats that stack x6, I was wondering would my 400 odd UR's counteract that. What is the ratio there?

2 common pats = 2 UR's? That's more what I was trying to figure out here.

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

I didn't take it as you were attacking me, I was just using my profile as an example. What I was trying to say is in your eyes, what number of common plats = to UR trophies and because I have a fair few common plats that stack x6, I was wondering would my 400 odd UR's counteract that. What is the ratio there?

2 common pats = 2 UR's? That's more what I was trying to figure out here.

I dunno if you're after a specific answer or what. Cause obviously there isn't one, it would be determined from person to person.

Like I said, to me its not aesthetically pleasing to look at. You could have every notoriously difficult platinum trophy achieved but if it's flooded by a sea of these x6 stack games I PERSONALLY don't like it. To me it's not about balancing commons to UR's, it's about how it looks. Just like how I LOVE profiles that have 0 stacked games and a near 100% completion rate, it's just satisfying to me.

Don't take what I'm saying as 'the standard of how a profile should be' or as an insult to your profile. I know there are people who could care less about how it looks. It's literally my own opinion and if you or others think differently then that's perfectly fine, not everyone is gonna be the same.

Again, do what makes you happy. If you like how your profile looks or what platinums you have or what your common to UR ratio is, then be proud of it! Don't let my opinion change anything ?

• Like 1

I guess I just don’t give a damn as much about trophies/ easy Platinum games as some people do on this site.

The main reason I play games is for the fun of the gameplay whether it’s on PS4, Switch or my good old Megadrive.

Trophies are just a little fun bonus on top which I do enjoy going for but not to an obsessive degree.

The only 2 games I have played from this company are Devious Dungeon and Midnight Deluxe and that’s because both got some solid review scores.

I played both games to the very end even though I got the Plats before the end of the games and I didn’t stack them, I just played each game once.

if that makes me a trophy whore in your eyes then I can live with your opinion.

End of the day I’ll play what I want to play whether it’s easy or hard. 

• Like 2

I've platted some of Ratalaika games a while back when it released their first few games. I even stacked blasting agent 3 times as well as 36 Fragments of Midnight......but then it got out of hand. All these none stop stackable games put me off trophy hunting for awhile so I took a break. So I came back to trophy hunting after a break and decided to only plat games I enjoyed like Bloodbourne, AC Odyssey and Origins, Burnout Paradise, Raymen Legends, Rise of the Tomber etc etc.

So my point is if you despise a dev like Ratalaika just don't support them. I don't buy their games because I don't enjoy it. No need for other gamers to look down onto other trophy hunters wanting to plat those types of games. Why should it bother you. Just scroll pass. But it seems there's those gamers that feel they have an entitlement to belittle every gamer that continuous supports these devs. Nobody gives a shit if you have UR plats of common plats. Just enjoy what you platting and leave others do what they want.

• Like 1

Trophies are worthless to begin with. They only have as much value as you're willing to give them. They can be hella fun to unlock but beyond that they have no actual worth. Being on the Switch has taught me how to have fun with games again since I no longer worry so much about percentage. I'm playing to play and that's more important than getting a digital achievement.

• Like 1