Regarding DCs

Okay this is getting annoying, the only trophy and the single one that I didn’t like in this game (not including dlc trophies ofc) is the 500 sacrifices.

Every single game I don’t even camp they just simply dc whenever they’re down! I play survivors more than killers, I don’t like playing as a killer but that’s not the real issue here, they can even lock you out of some trophies like the “Evil Incarnate” they just dc as soon as someone dies which is BS.

been months since I’ve been playing this game and they still dc.

does it even count for the sacrifices if someone DCs? If not, then why isn’t it a thing already?

• Like 1

When survivors DC, you get extra bloodpoints as “Leaver Bonus” event at the end of the game, but it doesn't count as a sacrifice.

I was lucky during the game that got me Evil Incarnate trophy. After I went Tier 3 and grabbed my first kill, the survivor ragequited during the Mori animation, gladly it counted as a kill along with Leave Bonus points.

As for salty survivors that DC, there’s nothing I can do about it. There should definitely be a penalty for DC during game, like being blocked from matchmaking for 10 minutes, longer penalty time for repetitive disconnecting.

4 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

When survivors DC, you get extra bloodpoints as “Leaver Bonus” event at the end of the game, but it doesn't count as a sacrifice.

I was lucky during the game that got me Evil Incarnate trophy. After I went Tier 3 and grabbed my first kill, the survivor ragequited during the Mori animation, gladly it counted as a kill along with Leave Bonus points.

As for salty survivors that DC, there’s nothing I can do about it. There should definitely be a penalty for DC during game, like being blocked from matchmaking for 10 minutes, longer penalty time for repetitive disconnecting.

I got mine 2 days ago the same way, although the last survivor ragequit on the animation because he almost escaped from the hatch xD

I don't really care about the quitter bonus more than the trophies -.-

Edited by BASEL-_-KSA

On 23.4.2019 at 0:58 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:

There should definitely be a penalty for DC during game, like being blocked from matchmaking for 10 minutes, longer penalty time for repetitive disconnecting.

No penalty needed neccessarily. Just an exit timer. When you press "leave" you will face a 10-second timer before it actually disconnects you. If you press anything during this 10-second period you will stop the disconnecting process. This way any salty survivor won't be able to DC out of spite and it will encourage them to finish the game regardless of how poorly they performed.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-28 at 0:52 PM, GeneSaw said:

No penalty needed neccessarily. Just an exit timer. When you press "leave" you will face a 10-second timer before it actually disconnects you. If you press anything during this 10-second period you will stop the disconnecting process. This way any salty survivor won't be able to DC out of spite and it will encourage them to finish the game regardless of how poorly they performed.

It won’t matter. Salty and bad killers/survivors losers will leave anyway because they cannot stand:

A) Specific killers or maps

B ) Being the first chased, downed and hooked

C) Other survivors not helping

D) Getting outplayed by good survivors.

E) Getting ‘teabagged’ by survivors

F) All the above reasons

G) Any other reasons

As long as they can leave matches without significant consequences, they’ll keep doing it. Any DC player should be punished by being blocked from searching matches for 10 minutes, longer waiting time for repeated DC, period. DBD has plenty of toxic, salty and bad loser players that drastic measures must be taken to discourage them to leave matches. They must know what’s like to ruin games for others, because DC has been lately more frequent than ever that it makes the game unfun.

Anyway, the devs have lately addressed the issue and they’ll figure out something to punish DC players when dedicated servers arrive.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2019 at 4:58 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

Maybe longer than 10 minutes it already take about that long to find matches in the first place

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ClintonLS90 said:

I D/C but only when I am playing a trash killer who does not leave the hook and just tunnel or camps. If you play like trash, you're not worth my time

yet all you would have to do is attempt to unhook yourself and then not struggle to leave.

But that 30 seconds is soooooo much time to waste.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SwampGas said:

yet all you would have to do is attempt to unhook yourself and then not struggle to leave.

But that 30 seconds is soooooo much time to waste.

Where's the fun in that? Not to mention, teammates with WGLF unhook you within the killer's terror radius so they can get their points while they watch you get tunneled over and over

11 hours ago, ClintonLS90 said:

I D/C but only when I am playing a trash killer who does not leave the hook and just tunnel or camps. If you play like trash, you're not worth my time

I’m sorry, but I cannot stand people D/C, regardless of the situation. When dedicated servers will come, expect punishments for D/C because it doesn’t go the way you want to play the game, this is the nature of Multiplayer games.

You got to cooperate with other teammates. You and others should take a hit so you save a few seconds to unhook others. You know, bodyblocking. Better having bloodpoints and some Benevolat emblem points, and trying than nothing.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

I’m sorry, but I cannot stand people D/C, regardless of the situation. When dedicated servers will come, expect punishments for D/C because it doesn’t go the way you want to play the game, this is the nature of Multiplayer games.

You got to cooperate with other teammates. You and others should take a hit so you save a few seconds to unhook others. You know, bodyblocking. Better having bloodpoints and some Benevolat emblem points, and trying than nothing.

Naww if im getting face camped and theres still 5 gens left then ill dc. Not waisting time not playing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WardenOfWisps said:

Naww if im getting face camped and theres still 5 gens left then ill dc. Not waisting time not playing

Why waste any time on people who are purposely trying to piss you off. Also, by that point you will know someone will try and hook rush so you will get tunneled and put back on the hook again. Everyone has their limits to what pisses them off while playing this game... I'm not gonna get bullied by toxic killers or survivors, just not gonna happen

Edited by ClintonLS90

10 hours ago, ClintonLS90 said:

Everyone has their limits to what pisses them off while playing any game...

Honestly it sounds like you should avoid this game, maybe online in general, possibly the public... because it's sounding like if something doesn't go your way you are throwing a temper and leaving... for no reason.

The only right way to combat your own toxicity is to not play if you can't act in a reasonable manner.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwampGas said:

Honestly it sounds like you should avoid this game, maybe online in general, possibly the public... because it's sounding like if something doesn't go your way you are throwing a temper and leaving... for no reason.

The only right way to combat your own toxicity is to not play if you can't act in a reasonable manner.

I fight toxicity with toxicity. If you like being camped or tunneled by a trash killer or getting bullied by a SWF team then so be it but I have no hard feeling d/c when someone is playing toxic. Everyone who has played this game has D/C before. That is just a fact

Seems like I caused a lot of bad feelings over my opinion. Sorry if I upset any of you

Edited by ClintonLS90

37 minutes ago, ClintonLS90 said:

I fight toxicity with toxicity.

And you just proved my point, being an immature gamer will never make things better... but help them to spiral out of control, act better, play better, be better, it all starts with you!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, SwampGas said:

And you just proved my point, being an immature gamer will never make things better... but help them to spiral out of control, act better, play better, be better, it all starts with you!

Immature, huh? All of the big time DBD streamers who make a good living playing this game must be immature little babies too as I see them D/C quite often when they are going against trash killers or teammates. I guess I am just a cry baby who needs to lighten up but at least I am in good company

Edited by ClintonLS90

if you d/c you are just validating the strategy of the killer.  if i'm being facecamped i stay on the hook as long as possible so he has nothing better than to stand there while generator after generator go off.  i do my best to punish players who play in this fashion.  there is no reason not to faceguard if everyone d/c.

d/c is extremely rude to the other survivors who are now down to three.  

SpaceMonkey35227.png

Edited by SpaceMonkey35227
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, SpaceMonkey35227 said:

if you d/c you are just validating the strategy of the killer.  if i'm being facecamped i stay on the hook as long as possible so he has nothing better than to stand there while generator after generator go off.  i do my best to punish players who play in this fashion.  there is no reason not to faceguard if everyone d/c.

d/c is extremely rude to the other survivors who are now down to three.  

SpaceMonkey35227.png

That's what the face camping toxic killers want to see, they love seeing you struggle to stay alive just to get fed to the enity while they hit you over and over. They want to piss you off. I will admit I can deal with it if it's far into the match. But if you're camping or tunneling on first hook my chances of d/c are high. Survivors even if it's 3. vs 1 still have advantage over the killer especially with so many perks that are broken on the survivor side imo. This is coming from someone who plays both sides about evenly.

Edited by ClintonLS90

no, they want you to d/c so they can go after the other survivors.   i personally love to see survivors d/c in most situations.  it makes getting all 4 much easier.  you are not punishing the killer by d/c.  it is not uncommon for 3 generators to light up while you are being faceguarded on the hook.  flip the script.  punish bad behavior by the killer.  

SpaceMonkey35227.png

It all depends on the killer or survivors you're playing with. Lots of killers will camp because survivors are way too altruistic, which is why I hate WGLF. It causes people to rush the hook and farm you which get themselves killed or you tunneled just so they can get their BP. So the toxicity or people who have no clue how to play as a killer or survivor goes both ways I suppose

Edited by ClintonLS90

11 hours ago, ClintonLS90 said:

Everyone who has played this game has D/C before. That is just a fact

No, that is not a fact. Not sure how you can state that's a fact when you have nothing backing it up. That's an assumption. I have never disconnected from a game (not even with internet connection being the issue), and I've clocked in around 500 hours on PS4 and 644 hours on PC. I think it's completely disrespectful for the community to disconnect from a game.

Imagine a match (this will not be very hard for you) where there are four survivors (Meg, Claudette, David and Laurie) and one killer, let's say, Wraith. You're playing as Meg. You find a generator, start working on it and suddenly you hear the Wailing Bell. You quickly look behind you, and there you see him uncloaking. You start running and notice a pallet. You can see the red stain behind you, and you just might be able to stun him with the pallet in time. Unfortunately, you're unsuccessful and the Wraith hits you for the first time, which puts you into the injured state. The same thing happens 40 seconds later, and you're downed for the first time. The killer grabs you and puts you on a hook. You notice that he's not walking away. He's just standing in front of the hook, looking at you, then looking behind him, to his sides and then at you once again. He's camping.

According to your previous comments, this is where you decide to disconnect. But why? You do realise that it just makes the objectives of the killer easier, right? Sure, he might not get his three sacrifices and therefore grant himself with a merciless victory in the end of the game, but at least he has a better chance taking the other survivors out due to your decision. Thus, the players you're really screwing over are your teammates, the remaining three survivors. You've just made everything so much harder for them.

What if those teammates actually tried to help you out? I know that doesn't happen in every game, but it could potentially happen in that particular game. I have never been in a match where the rest of the survivor team didn't succeed getting a survivor down from the hook if they decided to team up and really help the hooked survivor.

6 hours ago, MaxieM0us3 said:

This debate makes me want dedicated servers with punishments to D/C even more!

I'm with you on this one. Punishments are the only way. Delay on disconnects won't solve the problem, it will only be a temporary solution, a stopgap. Some survivors will probably still leave the match after the delay, which is why punishments should be a thing. Temporary cooldowns. First cooldown? 30 minutes. Second cooldown? 2 hours. Third? 24 hours. Fourth? A week. If a player, regardless of playing as killer or survivor, doesn't disconnect for a week, the temporary cooldown state has been reset.

• Like 1

Well it's also disrespectful of the killer to camp or tunnel you. I'm not wasting my time on a toxic player trying to waste my time and piss me.

I highly doubt that there will ever be a major penalty for D/C when almost the entire community does it, even the fog whisperers who promote and play the game on twitch. The devs won't be able to punish them. Maybe the casuals but not the big time streamers

On that note, I'm done with the discussion on this topic. Everyone has their reason to disconnect or not to disconnect. 

Edited by ClintonLS90