Regarding DCs

Just now, ClintonLS90 said:

I'm done with the discussion on this topic. Everyone has their reason to disconnect or not to disconnect.

I highly doubt that there will ever be a major penalty for D/C when almost the entire community does it, even the fog whisperers who promote and play the game on twitch. They won't be able to punish them. Maybe the casuals

Suit yourself. One can only hope for punishments in public matches for people like you!

And please, learn to differentiate between facts and assumptions: "almost the entire community does it". Do you know all players? Have you tracked and looked through each of everyone's public matches? I could say the opposite, and you wouldn't be able to prove me wrong. Based on your experiences, most of the players you've been in lobbies with (which I highly doubt), have disconnected.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gameoncomrade said:

Suit yourself. One can only hope for punishments in public matches for people like you!

And please, learn to differentiate between facts and assumptions: "almost the entire community does it". Do you know all players? Have you tracked and looked through each of everyone's public matches? I could say the opposite, and you wouldn't be able to prove me wrong. Based on your experiences, most of the players you've been in lobbies with (which I highly doubt), have disconnected.

Not an assumption on my end. There is a d/c when I am playing as a killer or survivor I would say 3 out of 5 matches. I have experienced this in low and high ranks. 

Just now, ClintonLS90 said:

Not an assumption on my end. There is a d/c when I am playing as a killer or survivor I would say 3 out of 5 matches. I have experienced this in low and high ranks. 

If 3 out of 5 disconnects from your matches, then that's exactly a fact. You're right on that one! But that's only locally. Just because people disconnect in 3 out of 5 on your end doesn't mean that it happens in my games as well. It's the problem of induction. You're basically putting forward a global assumption based on your local fact, which is okay, but you're expressing it not as being a global assumption, but as a global fact - only based on your and a few streamers' experiences. You've observed 99 white swans, well then all swans must be white, right? But what if there's a black swan? Then that assumption has been falsified. I'm pretty sure we're on the same page here. The only thing I wanted to emphasise was that you might want to think about how you express yourself in public. There's a huge difference between a global fact and a global assumption - I would even call them incommensurable with one another.

• Like 1

I've quit a few times, but I don't do it anymore. Mostly because I realized how much that will F your team if you do. Granted, the few times I quit was because the lag was so bad that it was unplayable. If that happens now, I just go around finding hexes, distract, unhook (though, sometimes really hard), open chests, and get basement time. There's other ways to help your team than just generators.

Though, when someone facecamps, I would always just keep repairing generators and make the killer pay for wasting his time. Now, I have Borrowed Time as a perk (lvl 3), and I will save a person from facecamping because the killer will just wait for you to take him off to down him again which doesn't work with borrowed time! Lol. I get free points and the killer looks like a moron. A win-win in my book! xD

There's always a way out of facecamping with the right perks and right people, but you can't stop people from quitting. I hope they add a penalty because quitting in the first 5 minutes significantly decreases your odds of survival.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, gameoncomrade said:

If 3 out of 5 disconnects from your matches, then that's exactly a fact. You're right on that one! But that's only locally. Just because people disconnect in 3 out of 5 on your end doesn't mean that it happens in my games as well. It's the problem of induction. You're basically putting forward a global assumption based on your local fact, which is okay, but you're expressing it not as being a global assumption, but as a global fact - only based on your and a few streamers' experiences. You've observed 99 white swans, well then all swans must be white, right? But what if there's a black swan? Then that assumption has been falsified. I'm pretty sure we're on the same page here. The only thing I wanted to emphasise was that you might want to think about how you express yourself in public. There's a huge difference between a global fact and a global assumption - I would even call them incommensurable with one another.

You're right. No need for me to continue bickering about this matter. 

Edited by ClintonLS90

22 hours ago, ClintonLS90 said:

I fight toxicity with toxicity. If you like being camped or tunneled by a trash killer or getting bullied by a SWF team then so be it but I have no hard feeling d/c when someone is playing toxic. Everyone who has played this game has D/C before. That is just a fact

Seems like I caused a lot of bad feelings over my opinion. Sorry if I upset any of you

If you don’t like playing against SWF then simply don’t play against them xD 

I kinda understand tho, its shitty when going against 4 flash lights SWF that’s for sure.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, WardenOfWisps said:

Again if theres still 5 gens and your gonna face camp im out. Its different if there's 2 or less gens.  Also i won't quit for tunning bc i have a chance atleast. When im killer i don't dc tho. Lol atleast i get to play and if i get wrecked i get wrecked.

This is the kind of behavior I am talking about. I don't D/C just because my team is getting beat or outplayed but if you are gonna camp with insidious and be an ass on first hook with no gens done the chances of me D/C and finding another match playing against a good killer goes up

I had a Huntress face camp me after I ran her around for like 3 gens the other night though. My teammates escaped while I died on hook.

Edited by ClintonLS90
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, SpaceMonkey35227 said:

no, they want you to d/c so they can go after the other survivors.   i personally love to see survivors d/c in most situations.

As a Killer main, i will take a quick DC 9 times out of 10 (and no, i dont camp - always run Devour Hope, gotta get those stacks!)

If a survivor DCs within the first few minutes of a game I've never NOT killed everyone (maybe a hatch escape) - but you make the game so much easier by leaving.

14 minutes ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

A waist of time is when you chain a load of watches together and wear them as a belt BTW 1f44d.png 

Alright, i chuckled at that :P

1 hour ago, DarkAnimaa said:

I kinda understand tho, its shitty when going against 4 flash lights SWF that’s for sure.

Shitty, sure - Take Franklin's Demise and laugh in the pool of their tears.

• 2 weeks later...

In this latest Developer Update, we finally have some concrete plans of how the DBD team will handle disconnections.

This is how disconnecting will be handled after dedicated servers are implemented (for now):

• Survivors disconnecting will leave a “husk” of the character behind, which the killer can then hook/sacrifice it to receive the points (probably can kill too). This will definitely make all sacrifice and kill related trophies much easier!
  • Just like the killer, the other survivors will receive Quitter Bonus bloodpoints for every survivor disconnecting.
  • If the killer leaves, survivors will receive emblem points assuming they healed or escaped, while keeping all items equipped. If the killer leaves too early in the match, offerings are refunded.
  • Disconnecting players will be punished with a “lock-out” timer, which means that they can’t queue until the timer runs out. If they keep leaving, the timer will be extended. The length of the timer gradually decreases as long as the player doesn’t disconnect the next matches.
  • Any SWF group with a punished player won’t be able to queue until the “lock-out” timer expires.

This is exactly what I wanted to see happening, I’m very glad! This is a good start of a big issue in this community, IMO. However I think it isn’t enough, since salty survivors will find another way to quickly leave the match without punishment, which is ‘suiciding’: on the hook, they can simply press R1 three times then not mash X to struggle so they’re sacrificed in the first minute of the game.

Struggling should simply be completely removed, so the hooked survivors has to wait for another survivor to rescue, giving a change for an escape. Since they’re looking to increase bloodpoints for Survival scoring events, this Struggle mechanic is such worthless other than tiring your thumb.

Edited by MaxieM0us3
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well this thread was just awful to read. 

On 08/07/2019 at 8:51 AM, MaxieM0us3 said:

In this latest Developer Update, we finally have some concrete plans of how the DBD team will handle disconnections.

This is how disconnecting will be handled after dedicated servers are implemented (for now):

• Survivors disconnecting will leave an “empty shelf” of the character behind, which the killer can then hook/sacrifice it to receive the points (probably can kill too). This will definitely make all sacrifice and kill related trophies much easier!
  • Just like the killer, the other survivors will receive Quitter Bonus bloodpoints for every survivor disconnecting.
  • If the killer leaves, survivors will receive emblem points assuming they healed or escaped, while keeping all items equipped. If the killer leaves too early in the match, offerings are refunded.
  • Disconnecting players will be punished with a “lock-out” timer, which means that they can’t queue until the timer runs out. If they keep leaving, the timer will be extended. The length of the timer gradually decreases as long as the player doesn’t disconnect the next matches.
  • Any SWF group with a punished player won’t be able to queue until the “lock-out” timer expires.

This is exactly what I wanted to see happening, I’m very glad! This is a good start of a big issue in this community, IMO. However I think it isn’t enough, since salty survivors will find another way to quickly leave the match without punishment, which is ‘suiciding’: on the hook, they can simply press R1 three times then not mash X to struggle so they’re sacrificed in the first minute of the game.

Struggling should simply be completely removed, so the hooked survivors has to wait for another survivor to rescue, giving a change for an escape. Since they’re looking to increase bloodpoints for Survival scoring events, this Struggle mechanic is such worthless other than tiring your thumb.

This is amazing news!

4 hours ago, Keidah said:

Well this thread was just awful to read. 

Just like those toxic leavers - there are only a few that make it unbearable :P

4 hours ago, Keidah said:

This is amazing news!

This pretty much solves most of the issues being discussed here. ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, DarkAnimaa said:

We almost got everything we need, now do a trophy progression tracker ?

And a matchmaking fix or rework, the ranking matchmaking is broken. And also cross-play, so it increases the playerbase in each platform and reduces the queing time as survivor.

On 7/8/2019 at 5:51 PM, MaxieM0us3 said:

This is a good start of a big issue in this community, IMO. However I think it isn’t enough, since salty survivors will find another way to quickly leave the match without punishment, which is ‘suiciding’: on the hook, they can simply press R1 three times then not mash X to struggle so they’re sacrificed in the first minute of the game.

If they removed the option to struggle while on the hook then that would render the perk 'Deliverance' useless and it would negate some of the trophies where you have to unhook yourself and escape.