Skull Kabob ?

GenHanTen

2 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Forget all of this.

After you press X to enter the Krypt in menu just keep holding the button while running to the chest. It will open. Source: Netherkast channel on discord.

They will probably patch it soon so you all have to hurry.

Anybody else try this? 

16 minutes ago, DylanWhite86 said:

I wonder what happens when you put the severed head on the spike after the chest has been opened...

I wonder if it doesn't actually put the severed head in your inventory after you do it.  Can't test it right now, but I know they stay in your krypt inventory after you place them.  At least the one I placed did.

5 minutes ago, Snake2410 said:

I wonder if it doesn't actually put the severed head in your inventory after you do it.  Can't test it right now, but I know they stay in your krypt inventory after you place them.  At least the one I placed did.

It doesn't put the severed head into your inventory.

38 minutes ago, taywahhhh said:

Anybody else try this? 

I did it, it works, impaled 3 heads so far

Just now, taywahhhh said:

Yeah just tried it, opened the chest but no Skull Kabob trophy. 

I impaled the head but the trophy didn't pop, after 1 minutes or so it popped, I wasn't even in the game but the PS Main Menu.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taywahhhh said:

Skull Kabob trophy. 

All krypt thophies are extremely slow at popping. I got 200 chests trophy in the middle of a tower fight and 50 speared man in main menu. Waited for skull kebab for five minutes or so with loot still on screen.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mindtrash_USA said:

I impaled the head but the trophy didn't pop, after 1 minutes or so it popped, I wasn't even in the game but the PS Main Menu.

3 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

All krypt thophies are extremely slow at popping. I got 200 chests trophy in the middle of a tower fight and 50 speared man in main menu. Waited for skull kebab for five minutes or so with loot still on screen.

Just popped now, cheers guys. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mindtrash_USA said:

I find the more matches/towers you play the slower things pop. I found that if I do anything that unlocks a trophy right after loading the game it is usually at the time of unlock and not minutes later but that may just be circumstantial

6 hours ago, NamoPh said:

Ah, I see. So basically if you exit the tower but not the tower menu you will keep getting the same opponent, and all you have to do to reshuffle for a new opponent is quit to the main menu, is that correct. Got it, thanks. Sorry for asking the obvious, still waiting for my copy. :P

thats exactly it ? still its a long grind. but if you change settings to rounds to win: 1 . it goes by quicker. 

1 minute ago, DylanWhite86 said:

I find the more matches/towers you play the slower things pop. I found that if I do anything that unlocks a trophy right after loading the game it is usually at the time of unlock and not minutes later but that may just be circumstantial

I've had a few trophies be delayed as much as a minute. i went to the trophy menu to see if i had it. then it popped on home screen -.-  not that anyone can see screenshots lol. but yeah theyre delayed

17 minutes ago, DylanWhite86 said:

It could be, this delay started to me just today. 2 trophies were stuck and one took more than a minute to pop, the "Get Over Here" trophy

4 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Forget all of this.

After you press X to enter the Krypt in menu just keep holding the button while running to the chest. It will open. Source: Netherkast channel on discord.

Not going to lie, I thought this was going to be bs. But it works!! Thank you! Got Skull Kabob and the Victory trophies super fast.

4 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Forget all of this.

Just got skull kabob, victories and intros trophies in about 45 minutes, thank you!

The trophies popped, but several minutes after I had done the requirements while I was just standing idle in the Krypt.

Also of note - when I went to the trophies section of the UI, they would not sync.  However when I went to the notifications tab and clicked the trophy notification, it went to that trophy and they did sync.  Not sure if this was related.

56 minutes ago, TemplePilot said:

Just got skull kabob, victories and intros trophies in about 45 minutes, thank you!

The trophies popped, but several minutes after I had done the requirements while I was just standing idle in the Krypt.

Also of note - when I went to the trophies section of the UI, they would not sync.  However when I went to the notifications tab and clicked the trophy notification, it went to that trophy and they did sync.  Not sure if this was related.

Did you get the intros just from Towers of Time? 

The hold down x button method also works on chests just tried it now so when your running to the heads be careful not to run into chests. I don’t think it took any of my koins though. 

Edit: just did it on a soul chest and it took my souls

Edited by pl0000pl

I think heads for Skull Kabob may have been lowered to 30.  I got Cassies head at 34, which I had 33 before the patch that fixed the glitch cheat.  And I had 30 for Raiden before it, just got 31 a few minutes ago and his head popped up after.

4 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

I think heads for Skull Kabob may have been lowered to 30.  I got Cassies head at 34, which I had 33 before the patch that fixed the glitch cheat.  And I had 30 for Raiden before it, just got 31 a few minutes ago and his head popped up after.

You most likely had the other fatalities done before you consciously started grinding them...

55 minutes ago, HOGIE838IRE said:

You most likely had the other fatalities done before you consciously started grinding them...

No, they definitely lowered them to 25.  Got Scorpions earlier at only 21 on my sheet, and I know for a fact I didn't have more than 4 I didn't count.  I started counting almost right away with the first fatality I did or the AI did.  

It was the same with the other two I mentioned.  There is no possible way I was more that 3 or 4 off with how little I've put into fatalities at that point.

It's also been confirmed on several other forums.

Edited by Snake2410

I can confirm that, starting fresh, you need 25 fatalities to earn a decapitated head.

Here's the approximate math: On Survivor Tower, where it's only one round, you can earn a decapitated head for one character (and get the trophy) in about 45 minutes.

For the related trophies, the math is decapitated heads for 2 characters every 90 minutes, or 4 characters every 3 hours, or 8 characters in 6 hours, or 10 characters total in 7.5 hours. After 10 decapitated heads placed, Shang Tsung's throne room is accessible to open chests (25,000 koins each). Each chest gives you one character's intro. Equip 5 intros. via Kustomization to get the trophy. You also get victory poses, although just placing the decapitated heads gets you those before you ever get access to the throne room (and you need 5 for the trophy).

TLDR: 25 fatalities for one decapitated head. ~7.5 hours to get the three related trophies: decapitated head, victory poses, and character intros. trophies.

Hope it's not a mistake and this gets patched too, best to start doing them straight away I suppose ?

EDIT: I completed 24 FATALITIES against Kitana and got her head. So it's now half the time to complete 5 severed heads which is great news! - At least until it gets patched...

Edited by HOGIE838IRE

I can confirm as well. Completely fresh profile, head popped at exactly 25 fatalities.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:43 PM, fullthrottlenine said:

After 10 decapitated heads placed, Shang Tsung's throne room is accessible to open chests (25,000 koins each). Each chest gives you one character's intro.

Does the first part of the throne room that opens with only 10 heads contain enough chests to get 5 of each, or do you have to open the next room as well?

On 5/6/2019 at 0:40 AM, HOGIE838IRE said:

Hope it's not a mistake and this gets patched too, best to start doing them straight away I suppose 1f61c.png

EDIT: I completed 24 FATALITIES against Kitana and got her head. So it's now half the time to complete 5 severed heads which is great news! - At least until it gets patched...

There's very little chance this isn't intentional, so it's unlikely to get changed anytime soon.