New SNK console (not a Mini) & New Metal Slug

RadiantFlamberge

https://www.dualshockers.com/snk-new-neogeo-metal-slug-king-fighters-xv-unreal-engine/

At an IR press conference in Seoul, SNK let it drop that they are making a new console. A new Metal Slug is being developed for that & other systems. There will be a Neo-Geo 2 & eventually a NG3, neither one being related to the Neo-Geo Mini. Planned for 2020, King of Fighters XV is to use Unreal Engine 4.

I'm surprised that SNK is attempting a successor to the Neo-Geo. I'm sure they won't try to sell games at $200+ this time. That new Metal Slug needs to keep the same announcer, & stay away from the zombies (the one part of Metal Slug 3 that I didn't care for).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gameoverDude189 said:

https://www.dualshockers.com/snk-new-neogeo-metal-slug-king-fighters-xv-unreal-engine/

At an IR press conference in Seoul, SNK let it drop that they are making a new console. A new Metal Slug is being developed for that & other systems. There will be a Neo-Geo 2 & eventually a NG3, neither one being related to the Neo-Geo Mini. Planned for 2020, King of Fighters XV is to use Unreal Engine 4.

I'm surprised that SNK is attempting a successor to the Neo-Geo. I'm sure they won't try to sell games at $200+ this time. That new Metal Slug needs to keep the same announcer, & stay away from the zombies (the one part of Metal Slug 3 that I didn't care for).

Now if Sega can return with a Dreamcast 2.0 then we can have a proper console war again....

I'll admit that it doesn't really make a lot of sense to me that they are bringing out a NG2. SNK has Nesica X Live 2 for an arcade platform (that's getting an arcade version of the PS4 Samurai Spirits/Shodown, just like it did with KOF XIV) & PS4/X1/PC for home markets. I'd rather have had them work on a Neo-Geo Mini XL, which would be a tabletop version.

Remember that PS2 Metal Slug 3D? If the new Metal Slug is like that, then no thanks, forget it! It needs to be a real Metal Slug. I do not expect 2D graphics, but instead something similar to Dolphin Blue- except with the characters also made in 3D like Mega Man 11.

3 hours ago, dj_helyx said:

Partner with other local developers/publishers and make a larger company housing all these great iconic franchises instead, please.

I like this idea. Sounds like a plan.

Edited by gameoverDude189