missing time stamps

I finished Kingdom Hearts 2 over the weekend and updated my card just now and noticed that i have missing timestamps. same goes with a trophy i unlocked on twisted metal. 

I realise that this happens with trophies earned before you set your ps3 up online but i synced them yesterday, so that shouldn't have happened.

The only this that may have happened was that my ps3 asked to have the date put in when i turned it one. i skipped over it though but as far as i know, it shouldn't mess with timestamps online? 

Anyway, help would be appreciated. thanks

29 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

How long did you leave that Playstation disconnected from the internet and/or unpowered from an outlet? Must have been an eternity for it to lose synchronization with the online clock....

No, my ps3 asks me every time there's a blackout or I disconnect it from a wall. It's one of the two playstations I play regularly and the same one I unlocked all the other KH2 trophies on.

I went on a holiday for the long weekend (here in Australia) and unlocked the trophies while I was away. 

I did notice also though that the anti-form, lingering will, level 99 trophy have missing time stamps too... which is odd because I unlocked them before I went away. 

1 hour ago, Fat Chocobo said:

Did you play them before you logged on PSN for the first time? If so, that’s why.

No, it's the same PS3 I always play.

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

I read somewhere in these forums if your ask for a date, you better put all game aside and put a damn date in. Or else expect something like this that could happen.

You are pretty much screwed now.

I've never heard this happening... from my understanding the PS3's internal clock has nothing to do with trophy log times... which is why you can unlock the 30 day Twisted Metal trophy in one day and it won't show up with a month later date. 

13 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

If you earn trophies before you log onto PSN for the first time, it messes with the timestamps on PS3 at least.

Yep, but this PS3 has been logged on to PSN for years, which is why I can't work out the missing timestamps

If you have a wrong date and are offline you will get no timestamps as far I know.

Happened by me with Nino Kuni:

My PS3 internal battery for the clock was empty and if you shut the PS3 down completely (no standby) it will ask for the date when turned on again. I skipped it sometimes.

In addition my auto log in failed and I didn't bother to go online.

Other trophy sites can show the correct order in between the trophies were earned (still no timestamp though, the PS3 itself says no date).

Now trophy milestones will change this way on PSNP too because it set this trophies as they were earned before everything. Like your 500th trophy will change. If you get an plat with no timestamp it can also change those.

Edited by Dennis-nine-five
Edit: more accurate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dennis-nine-five said:

If you have a wrong date and are offline you will get no timestamps so far I know.

Happened by me with Nino Kuni:

My PS3 clock battery was empty and if you shut it down completely (no standby) it will ask for the date when turned on again. I skipped it.

Also I got disconnected from the Internet and didn't logged in again.

Now some other trophy sites can show the correct order in between the trophies were earned (still no timestamp though, the PS3 itself says no date).

Now trophy milestones will change this way on PSNP too because it set this trophies as they were earned before everything. Like your 500th trophy will change. If you get an plat with no timestamp it can also change those.

Ah ok, fantastic... I had a look at your Nino Kuni and I see what you mean. 

I wonder if it has to do with when you sync the trophies or when you unlock them... because, I'm pretty sure that I had the correct date put in when I unlocked the trophies offline, just not when I synced them. Then again, now I'm not so sure. 

In any case, thanks to you and everyone else for your help and contributions. Greatly appreciated. I'll have to see if the next trophy I earn unlocks properly now that I have this information. Thanks again

30 minutes ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

You are just gonna have to make sure you have time set whenever you play. There is nothing PSNP can do to give u timestamps. Unless...is there timestamp on your ps3? if you do it may be like this guy

well its time you hear it happening.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have a look and see what else I can find regarding this. I noticed one fella had 47 years for a trophy or something? I don't really mind that I have missing timestamps, I'd just like to see if I can avoid it in future... putting in the correct date seems like a good start. Thanks again for your research.

26 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

I just took a look at the list and it says some of the trophies took nearly 50 years to obtain. Yea, I think you’re fully aware of what’s going on.

Actually, I'm not fully aware of what's going on. I can't even find the trophy you're talking about. One of the link mentioned above mentions a 47 year old trophy, my guess is that whatever the date issue that caused the missing time stamps has caused the same problem. But as I said, I'm here to try and find answers for these problems so I can avoid them in future.

Edit: I checked the PSNP trophy order dates and all I can see is missing timestamps and GTA4 in 2008?

Edited by kraven_15

26 minutes ago, Sly Ripper said:

If your console is asking for a date then the internal battery has run out and the internal clock has reset. To get a timestamp on trophies you need to connect the console to the internet so the internal clock will be set via the internet. Setting the clock yourself doesn't matter.

So if it asks for the date and I don't connect online before unlocking a trophy, it will create these missing timestamps.

That's great, thanks for your help. A bit annoying to have missing timestamps but at least i know why now and how to stop it in the future ?