The perfect game

maurowho

19 minutes ago, CQC93 said:

Well said my friend, now you should try Chaos;Child.. it's equally as good 

I don't know if I agree with you or not. Chaos;Child has many many flaws that are not found in Steins;Gate. The end did blow my mind but it took a lot of time and reading before the story even got interesting. Except for the murders, the beginning is slow and boring.

Chaos;Child is an interesting game in the sense that it gives you the opportunity to see what Steins;Gate's predecessor looks like and how well they evolved from that.

@Kapika96 Steins;Gate is a VN and yes, it's a type of games even if you don't consider it like that. And I think it's not a waste of time and/or money, it's a real masterpiece and far more enjoyable than a lot of other games, regardless of their respective genre.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Myu said:

I don't know if I agree with you or not. Chaos;Child has many many flaws that are not found in Steins;Gate. The end did blow my mind but it took a lot of time and reading before the story even got interesting. Except for the murders, the beginning is slow and boring.

Chaos;Child is an interesting game in the sense that it gives you the opportunity to see what Steins;Gate's predecessor looks like and how well they evolved from that.

@Kapika96 Steins;Gate is a VN and yes, it's a type of games even if you don't consider it like that. And I think it's not a waste of time and/or money, it's a real masterpiece and far more enjoyable than a lot of other games, regardless of their respective genre.

Neither of them is perfect by any means, S;G has its own flaws as well. Like the one OP already mentioned it took some time before it actually start, C;C also take some time, but it hooked me up faster than S;G did

@maurowho

Hmm I don't know if this is a "perfect game", however I do agree that this is one of the best visual novel games out there. But I can take this argument further and say that either Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, or even Clannad, are better than Steins;Gate in terms of story telling?

Anyone here want to challenge?

1 hour ago, GarciaFever said:

@maurowho

Hmm I don't know if this is a "perfect game", however I do agree that this is one of the best visual novel games out there. But I can take this argument further and say that either Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, or even Clannad, are better than Steins;Gate in terms of story telling?

Never played the Zero Escape games before but I've heard such great things about them. Steins Gate will always be a "perfect game" for me. I know that it's not the best game out there but its incredibly memorable and it hits you hard in the feels ?

2 hours ago, CQC93 said:

Well said my friend, now you should try Chaos;Child.. it's equally as good 

I think I might give that one a try. I also want to try out Steins Gate 0. Heard that it's also pretty good

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, maurowho said:

I think I might give that one a try. I also want to try out Steins Gate 0. Heard that it's also pretty good

If you liked the original this much you will like S;G 0 as well for sure so I'd say go for it. It basically tells the story of an alternate world line where Okarin gives up on saving Kurisu and the world is going towards ww3.

2 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

But I can take this argument further and say that either Zero Escape: The Nonary Games, or even Clannad, are better than Steins;Gate in terms of story telling?

I've only played virtue's last reward from zero escape but both that and clannad completely shits the bed at the end. Not to mention If you think S;G starts how about clannad's completely pointless 10s of hours of slice of life shit and repeated jokes with that idiot sunohara...

Edited by Theladozz

11 minutes ago, Theladozz said:

If you liked the original this much you will like S;G 0 as well for sure so I'd say go for it. It basically tells the story of an alternate world line where Okarin gives up on saving Kurisu and the world is going towards ww3.

I've only played virtue's last reward from zero escape but both that and clannad completely shits the bed at the end. Not to mention If you think S;G starts how about clannad's completely pointless 10s of hours of slice of life shit and repeated jokes with that idiot sunohara...

The premise of 0 sounds pretty interesting and I'm glad that it follows an alternate timeline. I'm curious to see how the game is since Okarin became pretty depressed after not being able to save Kurisu for the 2nd time. And it's good that the sequel doesn't follow the actual last part of the true ending.

5 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

@maurowho

I'm probably one of the few who didn't really enjoy Zero Escape. I know people usually really like this series but I played both the Nonary Games and Zero Time Dilemma and neither of those made a great impact on me. I did like ZTD better dans NG though and I still have to try 999.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 3:01 AM, Theladozz said:

I pretty much ignored Sunohara for most of the whole anime, and rather paid more attention to the relationship between Tomoya and Nagisa, especially during Clannad After Story. I got more of the feels from that one that I will ever get from playing Steins;Gate. If I were to go and watch said anime, then it might change, depending on how good it is.

• 11 months later...

I like drama and even some scrap of tragedy in all kinds of art, it makes the things more real always but isn't this game too sad, too heartbreaking? Even the fun moments along the way contributes the sorrow, when you reached any ending you see that. 

I am glad i spent money and time on Steins Gate (even bought my darling's embrace and 0) but now it raises a question in my mind... Does any game have a right to be this much sorrowful? ??

PS: I'm not giving into details to avoid spoilers but the players who played the game will see what I mean

Edited by Darpiom

I want to get into this game so bad, everyone always talks about how great it is but no matter how many times I try I can't get invested. I don't usually like visual novels but Danganronpa 1/2 are two of the best games I've ever played :(

7 minutes ago, johntatsi said:

I want to get into this game so bad, everyone always talks about how great it is but no matter how many times I try I can't get invested. I don't usually like visual novels but Danganronpa 1/2 are two of the best games I've ever played :(

You could give the anime a try or even Steins;Gate Elite, which is the visual novel in anime form.

• 1 year later...