phoenix_shade

Theraputic Rage Quit Thread - Isshin

35 posts in this topic

Honestly SSIshin didn't give me any problems. probably took me about 6-7 tries to get used to his moveset, and once I got to the final phase the lightning deflection makes it so much easier than the previous phase. You can try to learn the timing of lightning deflections using the dudes in Fountainhead, there's one very near to the Flower Viewing idol along with a Mist Noble, he's pretty good for practising on.

So, if I found SSIshin relatively simple, why am I here?

Because of Shura ending Isshin. Unlike SSIshin the pre-boss boss is a goddamn pain in the ass who seems to have borrowed her grab from those ogres in Dark Souls 2 with how huge the hitbox is and she takes AGES to go down even if the fight goes smoothly. And then there's Isshin's final phase there, which is some kinda bullshit indeed. I've gotten used to tanking some of the fire attacks using the umbrella but the area covered by those attacks is still absurd, and don't even get me started on his ultimate Devil May Cry special attack which explodes half the arena before he himself dashes across the whole thing, spams a whole ton of attacks that do damage if you don't deflect all of them perfectly in the space of a few seconds, deal a ton of posture damage and just keep goddamn going.

Unlike the other bosses in the game (maybe except DoH) I'm really going to love never having to face this asshole again once I finally take him down and get the Shura ending. Him and his bitch have already killed me more times than anything else in the game besides my first Genichiro encounter when I was still getting used to everything, possibly combined.

On 22/6/2019 at 4:14 AM, Seasonreaper said:

Honestly SSIshin didn't give me any problems. probably took me about 6-7 tries to get used to his moveset, and once I got to the final phase the lightning deflection makes it so much easier than the previous phase. You can try to learn the timing of lightning deflections using the dudes in Fountainhead, there's one very near to the Flower Viewing idol along with a Mist Noble, he's pretty good for practising on.

Because of Shura ending Isshin. Unlike SSIshin the pre-boss boss is a goddamn pain in the ass who seems to have borrowed her grab from those ogres in Dark Souls 2 with how huge the hitbox is and she takes AGES to go down even if the fight goes smoothly. And then there's Isshin's final phase there, which is some kinda bullshit indeed. I've gotten used to tanking some of the fire attacks using the umbrella but the area covered by those attacks is still absurd, and don't even get me started on his ultimate Devil May Cry special attack which explodes half the arena before he himself dashes across the whole thing, spams a whole ton of attacks that do damage if you don't deflect all of them perfectly in the space of a few seconds, deal a ton of posture damage and just keep goddamn going.

Unlike the other bosses in the game (maybe except DoH) I'm really going to love never having to face this asshole again once I finally take him down and get the Shura ending. Him and his bitch have already killed me more times than anything else in the game besides my first Genichiro encounter when I was still getting used to everything, possibly combined.

Use Firecrackers to avoid the ultimate.

He's really hard! You can do this man he took me two days to beat but it was worth the pain. Don't give up you got this! Unlike Dark Souls you can't summon help. But think of it as a gift. You will be so much happier with this victory when you do it all by yourself!

I don't remember how I did it but I do remember this fight only took a few tries, and that was on NG ++. 

Well, I've just started this game, so I cant say anything about this boss as I haven't gotten to him yet. It's been sitting in my backlog since release.

I'm finding it a little bit challenging, which I absolutely love!

I haven't died yet. 

I'm following Fightin' Cowboy's guide on YouTube for all the collectables etc.

Currently going through the Hirata Estate.

I have to say that so far this game is incredible. I love it.

No doubt I will end up dying in a spectacular way and then rage quit. Gyoubu (first main boss with the trophy) almost did me in and I imagine he's supposed to be the easiest since he was first, so I cant wait to progress further into the story.

Trying my hardest not to watch other videos of what comes next.

I can only wish you good luck.

Just don't spoil yourself of any of the bosses until after you've raged. Fear not, many deaths still await thee

10 hours ago, thescotsman783 said:

Well, I've just started this game, so I cant say anything about this boss as I haven't gotten to him yet. It's been sitting in my backlog since release.

I haven't died yet. 

No doubt I will end up dying in a spectacular way and then rage quit. Gyoubu (first main boss with the trophy) almost did me in and I imagine he's supposed to be the easiest since he was first, so I cant wait to progress further into the story.

13 hours ago, thescotsman783 said:

I haven't died yet. 

You gotta do multiple playthroughs anyways if you're going for the plat. Forget about following YT guides and play the game blind, you'll have a blast. 

I've been struggling a few hours on the Owl father so I'm dreading this boss. :facepalm:

Oddly enough Sword Saint really didn't bother me that much. Only took about three hours to beat him. Now Owl Father? O.M.G. I very nearly quit because of him. Took nearly four days for me to beat him. And I can say with 100% certainty, I'll NOT be fighting that long haired, hippy ninja again. Once (or a thousand) was quite enough, thanks.

On 6/22/2019 at 4:14 AM, Seasonreaper said:

I finally got my platinum after a long time, felt exactly the same about the shura ending bosses. took me longer to beat the two of them then the rest of the shura playthrough coz i pretty much ran through everything and skipped as much as possible. 

what i did for that move of his was i would quickly move on to a apart of the ground that wasnt about to explode then use my umbrella to absorb the many slahes that followed. would punish with projected force as his move ended. the rest of the time i was just trying to get behind or a deflect and doing one hit at most. also he always dodges the first strike and then hits you when you so dont do a combo, hit once, deflect immediately then if you can hit him otherwise try and get around him.