Theraputic Rage Quit Thread - Isshin

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 7:22 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Emma and Isshin defeated on first attempt, after the Owl 2.0 I was fearing this fight, turns out it wasn't that bad. Or the game decided I had already suffered enough.

Yeah, it definitely wasn't my first attempt, but I had much easier time with this fight than I was worried about. Only took about an hour of practicing to get it done - didn't even need to look up a strategy video.

• 5 months later...

Almost ragequit on Owl (Father) earlier today. But then i found an easy way to kill him. You just sprint to the right of him each time he charges you while beeing locked on. No dodges or nothing just sprint and he misses everytime and you get 2 hits in, rinse and repeat. I spent far to long trying to learn all his combos only to find that you could beat him this easy. Fuck him and his firecrackers.

43 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

Almost ragequit on Owl (Father) earlier today. But then i found an easy way to kill him. You just sprint to the right of him each time he charges you while beeing locked on. No dodges or nothing just sprint and he misses everytime and you get 2 hits in, rinse and repeat. I spent far to long trying to learn all his combos only to find that you could beat him this easy. Fuck him and his firecrackers.

Been awhile since I finished Sekiro but man this thread is dredging up some feelings ?

I think Owl Father was the hardest boss in the entire game. For me he definitely was! I don’t even know what it was exactly but I just couldn’t get his move sets down at all, and could never react fast enough to his tells, even after fighting him a thousand times. He mopped the floor with me more times than I’d like to admit, and fighting him is probably the most frustrated I’ve ever felt playing a From Software game.

Fuck Owl Father and his decrepit boomer hippy lookin ass!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-02-05 at 8:19 AM, Quink666 said:

had to check the date of your post to see if this an old trick that got patched, but I guess not

Maybe my timing or the distance is off, because it’s not constantly working for me 

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, TalalHmd said:

had to check the date of your post to see if this an old trick that got patched, but I guess not

Maybe my timing or the distance is off, because it’s not constantly working for me 

Keep about the width of Sekiro between you and Owl when you run to his right side. Remain locked on. You can keep a greater distance between Sekiro and Owl but then you might just be able to get one hit in instead of 2. I got hit 4 times on my kill run.

Edited by Quink666
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Keep about the width of Sekiro between you and Owl when you run to his right side. Remain locked on. You can keep a greater distance between Sekiro and Owl but then you might just be able to get one hit in instead of 2. I got hit 4 times on my kill run.

yeah thanks it works. I’ve yet to beat the boss, but I almost did it a couple of time (the camera start having seizures when he disappears in the second phase) 

Sometimes, he’s ‘locked on me’ so even when I sprint to his right, he turns around as soon as I pass him and do a couple of slashes, and that’s 1 whole bar gone 

I do want to do it legit, but he’s too punishing and there is no room for mistakes 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TalalHmd said:

yeah thanks it works. I’ve yet to beat the boss, but I almost did it a couple of time (the camera start having seizures when he disappears in the second phase) 

Sometimes, he’s ‘locked on me’ so even when I sprint to his right, he turns around as soon as I pass him and do a couple of slashes, and that’s 1 whole bar gone 

I do want to do it legit, but he’s too punishing and there is no room for mistakes 

Yeah Owl Father was the hardest boss by far if you ask me. Isshin Sword Saint was not nearly as hard as I thought. He can be easily beaten by keeping your distance and baiting attacks. Only did Demon of Hatred legit in NG+ when farming for XP. I cheesed him over the edge in my first play through. But I can imagine Demon would be really hard in NG. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Just spent 2.5 hours last night trying to figure this boss out for the first time. In the end I managed to master the first 2 phases (including Genichiro) without getting hit. 

The 3rd and 4th phases was just a matter of running around like an idiot and waiting for him to do the jump attack. Then once he does, run behind him and hit him with mortal draw.

Super intimidating at first but not so bad once you figure out all of his move sets.