Can't go full speed

stupot00

So I just started the game today and jumped into season 1, after around 20 attempts I could only get silver on the 1st event so gave up and carried on and it only got worse from there. Found it really hard to get above bronze on most events.

So checked some YouTube vids to see if I was missing something and noticed in alot of the videos the cars were going 20-30 mph faster then what I was able to go. So i thought maybe my R2 button wasn't working right and changed controller but the problem still happens. 

Has anyone else had this happen and is there a way to fix it? I closed the game and restarted a few time but still happens. It's like the game thinks I'm half holding down the R2 button when it's fully down.

For an example the first drag race I fully hold down R2 and it only just hits the botyom of the green as the race starts.

4 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

It could actually be your controller i have had it happen in the past think 3 controls in total now have the same problem.

Well I just tried a third controller and it works, so even tho the R2 works in the other 2 controllers the button sensitivity doesn't work. 

1 hour ago, stupot00 said:

Well I just tried a third controller and it works, so even tho the R2 works in the other 2 controllers the button sensitivity doesn't work. 

As I have so many controllers I actually marked the ones where the R2 is no good for racing games as they are fine for other games just not racing anymore.

2 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

As I have so many controllers I actually marked the ones where the R2 is no good for racing games as they are fine for other games just not racing anymore.

Haven't played a racing game in awhile so was abit weird. Funny how my two newer controllers don't work but my original plat ps4 controller is the one that works lol.

On 25.4.2019 at 1:00 AM, stupot00 said:

Haven't played a racing game in awhile so was abit weird. Funny how my two newer controllers don't work but my original plat ps4 controller is the one that works lol.

Glad you're able to see the funny side, I'd be quite cross. Any chance they're new enough to fall under warranty?

1 hour ago, Road2unner said:

Glad you're able to see the funny side, I'd be quite cross. Any chance they're new enough to fall under warranty?

Unfortunately not, it does suck but at least I don't need to go buy a new one. I would of been more mad if none of them had worked because I wouldn't have thought it was a fault with the controllers. 

This might not be the solution you're looking for but could help you play the game properly.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments

Swap R2 and R1

iYGy8Ru.jpg

Enable/Disable your custom settings on the quick menu.

35Ly9WF.jpg

Got the same problems on other games, it helped me to play/finish games without buying a new controller over and over again.

Hopefully it works out for you!

17 minutes ago, Sanakoev- said:

This might not be the solution you're looking for but could help you play the game properly.

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Button Assignments

Swap R2 and R1

Although a valid workaround, driving with an on/off accelerator is not the ideal solution. Then again, keyboard "MR" has done it forever. Too bad DS4 does not have analog R1/L1 like DS3 did. Well, not really, those were pretty useless.

In this game R1 will work fine, though, because most of the time you'll be on full accelerator anyway, using drift for sharper corners. Especially in slower cars you'll lose too much momentum otherwise, making some of the golds somewhat tricky to achieve.

Edited by Road2unner

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎24‎.‎04‎.‎2019 at 2:19 PM, stupot00 said:

So I just started the game today and jumped into season 1, after around 20 attempts I could only get silver on the 1st event so gave up and carried on and it only got worse from there. Found it really hard to get above bronze on most events.

So checked some YouTube vids to see if I was missing something and noticed in alot of the videos the cars were going 20-30 mph faster then what I was able to go. So i thought maybe my R2 button wasn't working right and changed controller but the problem still happens. 

Has anyone else had this happen and is there a way to fix it? I closed the game and restarted a few time but still happens. It's like the game thinks I'm half holding down the R2 button when it's fully down.

For an example the first drag race I fully hold down R2 and it only just hits the botyom of the green as the race starts.

I had the same issue on one of the tracks. It took me a while to figure out what I'm doing wrong. Pressing R2 as hard as possible did the trick. Never had this issue on any other tracks anymore.