Persona 5 The Royal releasing on October 31st 2019 in Japan - New trailer

Venocide

I know I'm probably wrong but hell I hope it's gonna come out as well as a free update for those that have the base game, there's no way in hell I'll be paying for the same game twice and for a full price with a spice of new content.

Edited by YROSHIKU

1 hour ago, majob said:

Palace infiltration in NG+ was really quick though. Only time it's really annoying are the last two

No need to be. I had the game for almost two years before I finally played it

It's tedious as hell when you can't skip the majority of shadows

@YROSHIKU this is atlus we're talking about, no way will it be a free update, with this being akin to FES and Golden

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 1

The new characters look nice and all and new content seems interesting but I'm struggling to even get myself to a second playthrough in P5 to get all the trophies. Found the gameplay pretty boring and tedious. Story, eye candy and great soundtrack only go so far. Don't really know if I'll get P5R.

24 minutes ago, YROSHIKU said:

I know I'm probably wrong but hell I hope it's gonna come out as well as a free update for those that have the base game, there's no way in hell I'll be paying for the same game twice and for a full price with a spice of new content.

Not a chance. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, YROSHIKU said:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, YROSHIKU said:

Yep...

...you're wrong as hell.

I do empathize, though; I feel exactly the same. Hopefully, there's a physical version; I'll just get my library to pick up a copy and play it then.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Void said:

...I managed to get a PS3 copy brand new for only 1$, Wal-mart had it on clearance back in January.

Damn, that's nice! I've been trying to find a PS3 copy for a while, for my collection, but they aren't available at retailers anymore and extremely rare (and expensive) second-hand here unfortunately.

4 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

One thing, though...why no worldwide release? Seems kind of silly these days.

old habits die hard for some jp devs

i still remember watching the event with the release date of persona 5 and then atlus us saying it wouldn't come out like 6 months later

that hurt

5 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

One thing, though...why no worldwide release? Seems kind of silly these days.

Because not every company has the resources to prepare a game for a worldwide release. There's more to localizing a game than just translating it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

old habits die hard for some jp devs

i still remember watching the event with the release date of persona 5 and then atlus us saying it wouldn't come out like 6 months later

that hurt

Yeah. When KH3 didn't get a worldwide release, the leaks bothered Square Enix so much that they said they will be doing worldwide releases in the future.

2 minutes ago, majob said:

Because not every company has the resources to prepare a game for a worldwide release. There's more to localizing a game than just translating it

Fair enough.

I really wish they'd stop doing these enhanced versions. It was neat the first time with FES, as it added an entirely new game on top of tweaks of the original. The ending was very bittersweet, so it made sense to add an epilogue. P3P was annoying, but understandable as it was a new platform. Golden was understandable as it was a new platform as well. But there's just no reason for this. The story wrapped up just fine and the game had plenty of content. They should have just moved on to another game. But instead, we're getting the same game with more stuff, that really didn't need it, when we could have gotten an entirely new game instead. It's been almost 3 years since Persona 5. That's enough time to make a new game, instead of just remaking one that really didn't need to be remade, for the same platform it was initially released on.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 1

So this is similar to Catherine: Full Body where it's the same game, except there are some new characters/dialogue/endings/etc.? I've been eyeing P5 for quite a while now, so i'll be waiting for this version to release instead of getting the vanilla one.

@SnowxSakura, @Venocide, @DEI2EK, @starcrunch061 Yeah I guess that's true, welp I hope that at least they're gonna give us an option to purchase it as an expansion for the base game, but then again when I think about it's a bummer and man it really discourages from buying the games on their initial release. I kinda feel like a fool now for getting it day one.

Edited by YROSHIKU

I never played a main series Persona game and 5 was going to be the first Persona game I played. I was about to buy it and start it after Borderlands but I think I should wait on it. They seem to  have added alot of new content and what better way to enjoy the game than to it's fullest! I hope there's a collector's edition since I would definitely get it. ?

• Like 1