Persona 5 The Royal releasing on October 31st 2019 in Japan - New trailer

Venocide

• 1 month later...

I already Thought that on P5 when you had a Surprise All-Out attack and One-Shotted the Enemy the Image should have had Futaba because you did that thanks to her Ability, well now here it is :3 

Edited by Sora9427

• 2 weeks later...

Atlus debuted the first live gameplay, second official trailer, Goro Akechi trailer, and fourth “Morgana’s Report” news deliver video for Persona 5 Royal during the game’s first official live stream today.

The Goro Akechi trailer comes with new information about the character himself. In Persona 5 Royal, his Confidant can be leveled up on your own accord, as you can with most other Confidants. This also includes new Confidant abilities that can be acquired, such as being able to scope out the enemy’s weakness at the start of battle.

Morgana’s Report #4 introduces new elements in Mementos, including a new character named Jose and anew mission type. Here is a summary of the report:

• Jose is a mysterious new character you will meet in Mementos. He seems to be collecting “flowers” to study humans…
  • You can use Jose’s power to turn the “Ishi” you collect in each palace into even more powerful accessories. You can also exchange the flowers you collect in Mementos for items.
  • “Stamp Pads” will appear all over Mementos. By collecting stamps and bringing them to Jose, you will be able to exchange them to change the perception of Mementos itself, such as increasing the amount of experience points or money earned after battles.
  • Pitch black areas and areas with strong Shadows will also appear.
  • There is a new mission type where you will have to successfully negotiate with the target by using information acquired in the city and the Phansite network.

Since the fourth report debuted on a live stream featuring Persona 5 Royal producer Kazuhisa Wada, Morgana used the opportunity to ask him four user-submitted questions live on the stream. Here they are:

How does Persona 5 downloadable content work with Persona 5 Royal? Will I be able to use Persona downloadable content like Orpheus and Izanaki with Persona 5 Royal?

This question was actually previously addressed, but each piece of content must be repurchased for 10 yen if you already purchased it for Persona 5 and want to use it with Persona 5 Royal.

The first game had restrictions on using the Share feature, but what is the case for Persona 5 Royal? Will you be able to take screenshots be upon acquiring trophies?

The Share function can be freely used up until mid-December in the game.

What does the “(f)” mean in the “Orpheus & Orpheus Picaro (f) Set” included as a bonus in the Digital Deluxe version?

It stands for female.

Will Persona 5 Royal have any additional palaces?

There is an additional palace, which you will visit when an incident occurs during the newly added third semester.

Another new detail to come out of the live stream—Ryuji’s “Insta-kill” Confidant ability has been changed so that it will now only be triggered when the enemy is approached with a dash, and so that you can also acquire experience points and money upon defeating them.

Persona 5 Royal is due out for PlayStation 4 on October 31 in Japan, and in 2020 in the west.

https://gematsu.com/2019/08/persona-5-royal-gameplay-second-trailer-goro-akechi-trailer-and-morganas-report-4

Ugh again this not saving Screenshot policy from atlus, is the only thing i don't like.

What's the point? For spoilers? What's that for when people are gonna stream it Via Elgato anyway on YT or Twitch the First day (Or eeven before) of release? It's just annoyng not having the Trophy screenshots saved :(

Anyway Can't Wait for it! Sadly we gotta wait March or even April, at least Catherine FB we'll keep us company meanwhile :hmm:

• Like 1

I know they put a lot of effort into the localization process and it really shows, but these games need a global release. It sucks for this to be spoiled by the people who will be importing this. Yeah I know don't look at anything, but we all know if you use the internet, a YouTube thumbnail or random comment will ruin everything.

The game is widely popular and would only benefit the studio from a single release unless I am missing something. The fans are not just in Japan.

• Like 2

On 4/8/2019 at 1:28 PM, BadRep24 said:

Does it have its own trophy system, completely independent from the original Persona 5 itself? Or it's going to be an "expansion DLC"?

It's a completely different game even Story wise so, it can't possibly be a DLC anyway....

18 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

It's a completely different game even Story wise so, it can't possibly be a DLC anyway....

I'm hoping they'll add some post-launch content itself with their own trophy list, inclduing New Game+, Ironman mode (that's how Persona games should truly be experienced), and a new, brutally hard difficulty called "Grim Reaper".

Edited by BadRep24

2 hours ago, BadRep24 said:

I'm hoping they'll add some post-launch content itself with their own trophy list, inclduing New Game+, Ironman mode (that's how Persona games should truly be experienced), and a new, brutally hard difficulty called "Grim Reaper".

I mean sure you can hope but i don't see why they'll do it.

There is already a Ultra hard mode which i think is called nightmare in P5 standard it will just be right from the Start in The Royal, and they never put a Difficulty releated trophy in Any Persona anyway,

21 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

I mean sure you can hope but i don't see why they'll do it.

There is already a Ultra hard mode which i think is called nightmare in P5 standard it will just be right from the Start in The Royal, and they never put a Difficulty releated trophy in Any Persona anyway,

Well, at least they could have thought of a trophy called:

Death and Taxes (Gold) - Beat the game in Nightmare difficulty + Ironman mode.

Edited by BadRep24

9 minutes ago, BadRep24 said:

Well, at least they could have thought of a trophy called:

Death and Taxes (Gold) - Beat the game in Nightmare difficulty + Ironman mode.

No, i'm glad they don't.

That should be a challenge somebody wants to do (And i'm saying that wanting to do it!) and not somethign Forced for the Platinums. Difficulty Releated trophy in an RPG are always Stupid ones, it's not an FPS where you can't really add many particular trophies and the Difficulty is a Good Challenge (Most of times).

I'm Glad Atlus doesn't force any type of that trophies in their list.

And i'm saying this Playing Persona right away Herd mode not Easy peasy. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sora9427 said:

No, i'm glad they don't.

That should be a challenge somebody wants to do (And i'm saying that wanting to do it!) and not somethign Forced for the Platinums. Difficulty Releated trophy in an RPG are always Stupid ones, it's not an FPS where you can't really add many particular trophies and the Difficulty is a Good Challenge (Most of times).

I'm Glad Atlus doesn't force any type of that trophies in their list.

And i'm saying this Playing Persona right away Herd mode not Easy peasy. 

Actually, Ironman mode would be locked until someone beat the game in any difficulty.

30 minutes ago, DaveMcDamage said:

i wish this publisher was backing the Yakuza series instead of SEGA. This publisher knows how to market for the West, shame SEGA don't. 

But back on track for this game....

I never got to play this series, would jumping in at Persona 5 be too confusing?

No, you don't need to play prior games to understand this one. There are a few easter eggs and references you might not get, but that's about it.

• Like 1

If someone want to post it they showed something at Gamescom (I think the Same trailer as the E3? I don't know it's i English i don't watch it) and Confirmed the Release for Spring 2020.

I Thought it was already confirmed, guess not. Well anyway i imagine it's End of March/Beginning of April, usual 6 months as every Atlus Title, no surprise. 

13 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

If someone want to post it they showed something at Gamescom (I think the Same trailer as the E3? I don't know it's i English i don't watch it) and Confirmed the Release for Spring 2020.

I Thought it was already confirmed, guess not. Well anyway i imagine it's End of March/Beginning of April, usual 6 months as every Atlus Title, no surprise. 

Here you go:

10 minutes ago, Silencer0004 said:

Most important question for me: Will there be a collectors edition? I missed out on ordering the CE for P5 and would love to throw more money at Atlus and not ebay resellers.

Probably, usually Atlus does Make Collectors Edition for the West too, Not at low prices sadly :(