Days Gone "Survival Difficulty" (w/ Trophies) Due in June

PhantomFear94

6 minutes ago, Lord_Nodens said:

Only God of War didn't follow this new trend. It did add New Game + post launch but wasn't tied to any new trophies.

That is the one game I would have loved it for because it was my GOTY last year ? I really liked Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5, HZD and Spiderman, but none suited NG+ modes (especially Far Cry 5 and Spiderman). 

Like I think I mentioned in the other topic you linked, there is a big difference for me personally about a NG+ playthrough trophy that doesn't add anything to the game, or a higher difficulty playthrough trophy. 

In the example of God of War, I would have minded a trophy for completing NG+, but I would not have minded a trophy for completing "Give me God of War". Same with Horizon Zero Dawn (didn't mind an Ultra Hard playthrough). 

With Days Gone, the information you linked above doesn't really say that NG+ will be required for playing Survival Difficulty.. ? Maybe it's only unlocked after an initial playthrough though, but also then that's not the same as a simple NG+ trophy.

A recent example of exactly what I dislike is Darksiders III. They added a trophy for playing through NG+, and made it so that playing NG+ on Apocalyptic does not unlock the trophy "Death Incarnate" for beating the game on Apocalyptic.. Makes sense, right? ?

Edit: Well, with patch 1.09 it's now possible to unlock 'Death Incarnate' on NG+. 

Edited by Arcesus7

Well, I think NG+ should just be there from the start, it's not that hard. If the original Legend of Zelda could do it...

As far as adding a difficulty trophy way late (*cough* Amnesia Collection *cough*) I didn't not like it. By the time the update rolls around, I'm on to something else and don't feel like relearning the game, especially since I'm probably on a higher difficulty level. 

Adding NG+ after launch is the laziest way to add "replay value" to your game.

7 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

Like I think I mentioned in the other topic you linked, there is a big difference for me personally about a NG+ playthrough trophy that doesn't add anything to the game, or a higher difficulty playthrough trophy. 

In the example of God of War, I would have minded a trophy for completing NG+, but I would not have minded a trophy for completing "Give me God of War". Same with Horizon Zero Dawn (didn't mind an Ultra Hard playthrough). 

With Days Gone, the information you linked above doesn't really say that NG+ will be required for playing Survival Difficulty.. 1f914.png Maybe it's only unlocked after an initial playthrough though, but also then that's not the same as a simple NG+ trophy.

A recent example of exactly what I dislike is Darksiders III. They added a trophy for playing through NG+, and made it so that playing NG+ on Apocalyptic does not unlock the trophy "Death Incarnate" for beating the game on Apocalyptic.. Makes sense, right? 1f605.png

I'm so bummed on the DSIII bullshit. I haven't bought the game yet (waiting on a complete edition) bit the more I hear the longer I can wait.

Honestly, I think I'd like a no-death run better. At least I'm doing something different from my first playthrough.

I said it before, but I don't like these things. You're not adding content simply by adding a difficulty. You're just adding time to the plat. Don't we have enough of that crap already?

38 minutes ago, Arcesus7 said:

This is very true. In essence, though, for players who platinumed it on launch the principle is the same; still have to go back and do it all again for little reason. Unless the reviews are extremely good, I'm tempted to wait until the June update is out before buying it. 

16 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Honestly, I think I'd like a no-death run better. At least I'm doing something different from my first playthrough.

I said it before, but I don't like these things. You're not adding content simply by adding a difficulty. You're just adding time to the plat. Don't we have enough of that crap already?

No death run on a game that takes over 1-2 hours to complete? That's just stupidly insane and out of place. 

Glad it's just minimal HUD.

8 minutes ago, cr41g_1965 said:

IMHO...NG+ or anything like it...is like a giant F U especially if its after release

Don't mind them tbh, my problem is when they add trophies to them.  GOW4 did the trophy list perfectly.

Trophies should only be added for expansions (BB, HZD, TW3, AC, etc.)

If the game is good, beating a harder difficulty is just great imo. Its still a free update, so doesnt matter. Would be worse if it costed money to unlock.

I usually welcome these free post launch updates with added difficulties or such. Theres people out there tnat will love it who are not trophy collectors. Got to remember that teophy hunters are a very small minority when it comes to the gamers, so no matter the amount of salt you feel over it wont make the AAA devs and publishers change their minds.

I guess I won't play Days Gone next then. If the patched-in difficulty is possible to do on a first playthrough (possible in the sense that the difficulty doesn't have unlock requirement or is not insanely frustrating on a non NG+ game) then I'll jump in the game in June.

However, if I have to beat the game two times and it's not possible to speedrun the second playthrough really quickly (less than 10 hours) I'll simply skip the game as I'm really tired of having to come back to a game months after its release just to obtain an unnecessary trophy ruining a 100% on my trophy list.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

No death run on a game that takes over 1-2 hours to complete? That's just stupidly insane and out of place. 

Glad it's just minimal HUD.

Don't misunderstand. I don't want to have a no death run. But that still seems preferable to simply adding a difficulty, and a NG+ that pretty much negates that difficulty, because again, at least I'm doing something different.

I always call up Horizon here. Horizon added a high difficulty, But they also allowed NG+, which let you use all your stuff. Thus, the trophy is really nothing more than beating the same game again. No real reward there. 

35 minutes ago, Cissa90 said:

Got to remember that teophy hunters are a very small minority when it comes to the gamers, so no matter the amount of salt you feel over it wont make the AAA devs and publishers change their minds.

It might, if a hardcore community, small though it is, refuses to purchase games based on lackluster trophies added after the fact.

But honestly, I think this misses the point entirely. If trophy hunters are a very small minority, then why add the trophies at all? Add the difficulty for the masses that want more "content", but don't attach trophies to them. Trophies for NG+ only appeal to the trophy hunter crowd.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

I'd rather just wait honestly, I was on the fence of getting it but not any more. They should add this from the start, it's just a lame excuse for them to finish a game while customers stay quite for awhile. By the time all the DLC and all "extra" game content is out the game will be cheaper so it's a win, win. 

I wouldn't be shocked if people had to start paying for NG+ eventually. 

• Like 2

I so agree as trophy hunters we want to add more games to the list.  We don't want to have to go back and do the same shit all over again.  I'd rather they had a harder difficulty trophy for the 1st play through.  To me NG+ is additional content for people who love the game who want additional challenges.  Trophy hunters get their additional challenge from completing all the trophies and then we move on a and find new challenges in another game.  Why add trophies to the discontent of the trophy hunter?  Add the NG for those who want it and keep the trophies out for the trophy  hunter.  40 hours is too much to require a 2nd play.  I will be passing i guess on this game. It is getting some bad reviews anyway.  I may visit it someday when more details on the length of the 2nd play are available.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Void said:

I am just tired of games being released incomplete then getting the stuff patched in. This is why I will usually wait and see if a complete/GotY/Gold/Ultimate edition gets released. I am curious about Days Gone but I am not a fan of Sandbox games, I think it is on Gamefly for us to rent.

This is pretty much my attitude towards new AAA games. 

If you’re one of those people who likes to preorder, then fine I guess. But you’re better off waiting a few months because not only will there be updates that will improve the game, but also DLC so you can grab the Complete Edition. 

There’s a good number of games from 2013 - 2017 that are nowadays cheap and they’re offered as a Complete Edition. Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, the list goes on and on. 

I plan to buy the Royal Edition of Kingdom Come Deliverance. Comes with all DLC so I don’t have to pay for it separately, plus a lot of bug fixes that weren’t in the initial version. 

Paying a game on launch day, then have to sit and worry about upcoming DLC and updates turns me off. Especially in Amnesia’s case where they decided to add fucking DLC at a time when I’ve long deleted it off my console, now I have to relearn the game all over again. That’s one reason why these NG+ updates are pretty much pointless. 

Make them more interesting like in Dark Souls. These people just lazily add on New Game Plus because a few whiners out there want it.

Lol at all the one doner trophy whores here. I'm not playing anything until I have mastered the game, and mastering a game doesn't equal getting all trophies a lul. Which is why I think I will start this game only on this survivor difficulty coming out later.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24. 04. 2019. at 4:59 PM, phantomfear9494 said:

That is the one game I would have loved it for because it was my GOTY last year 1f606.png I really liked Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5, HZD and Spiderman, but none suited NG+ modes (especially Far Cry 5 and Spiderman). 

Far Cry 5 has a new game + mode, you need to play the game on infamous mode.

On 24/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, phantomfear9494 said:

That is the one game I would have loved it for because it was my GOTY last year 1f606.png I really liked Metro Exodus, Far Cry 5, HZD and Spiderman, but none suited NG+ modes (especially Far Cry 5 and Spiderman). 

Spiderman??

Sorry buddy but what about this? 

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8143-marvels-spider-man/53-power-and-responsibility

Most of the games now have a post release difficulty trophy... I played spiderman at launch, than i needed to replay again for the ultimate difficulty... 

For Days Gone, it's annoying becouse of the game itself, it's a very long game without new difficulties... Now we need do play it again... I hope only there will be a NG+ with all the stuff upgraded.

A Deacon fully upgraded it's OP, with this there'll not be problems i think...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SuperSaiyan3985 said:

They better not add a trophy for doing it on Survival difficulty. The game runs like shit and I do NOT want to do a second playthrough just to keep my 100%.

They will... they basicly already said that.

"Beating the Survival difficulty and challenges won’t be in vain — players can earn new trophies and unique bike skins to show off in photo mode to prove they’re bonafide Days Gone survivors. Are you?"