Dis community got gud

Ekir

42 minutes ago, Kezzai said:

There are a lot of cheaters with a save editor too..

I knew about that software some days ago (saw a guy bragging about cheating and having the platinum) but, is that huge of an issue? I thought they werent that many.

So in the end is a lot of cheating and cheesing what explains this high of a percentage... damn ?

5 minutes ago, Ekir said:

I knew about that software some days ago (saw a guy bragging about cheating and having the platinum) but, is that huge of an issue? I thought they werent that many.

So in the end is a lot of cheating and cheesing what explains this high of a percentage... damn ?

People who did so will likely end up reported, but it'll take time to zap them all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ekir said:

want to git guder

You will, eventually. Step by step. One day you will start NG+ and will be wondering how "Oh, I actually killed Genichiro on first try. Why I was even stuck here?"  And even if you don't - there are gazillions of easy strats and cheese tactics.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BloodyRutz said:

What's the point in cheesing this game? The satisfying feeling comes from getting better at it. Not to mention you really need to be good at the game to beat Sword Saint Isshin Ashina.

Not necessarily. I was struggling with his third and fourth phase after trying for a good 2 hrs and ended up just employing the umbrella strat which anyone can pull off. 

3 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Not necessarily. I was struggling with his third and fourth phase after trying for a good 2 hrs and ended up just employing the umbrella strat which anyone can pull off. 

Ah, didn't know about umbrella strat. I didn't use any prosthetics for him. I've played him for almost 5 hours until I learned how to counter him.

Edited by BloodyRutz

started my journey the other day. beat the horse riding boss on my 2nd attempt and lady butterfly on my 1st attempt. in my opinion its all about posture and deflect. once you figure out mikiri counter and the red sign sweep attack its def become easier.

i assume that a couple of ppl cheese through boss fights but hey everyone how they like...

Just got to Sword Saint Isshin for the first time yesterday, so I can't say I'm a pro at this game. Just lucky enough with a dash of skill to get to this point.

Honestly, there have been so many times I said " There's the wall, I can't get past this" only to get over a few tries later. I was actually really bummed after trying and failing repeatedly against Owl Father, and almost decided to move on to a new game. But again, a few more tries and an ass-ton of luck later and he was done.

So don't let the walls keep you out, break 'em down!

• Like 3

Not surprised.

FromSoft are not only usually good game which encourage people to finish them but the trophies aren't often out of the way and are rather straightforward. On top of that, seriously, they're not that hard games at all and I am always baffled this reputation has still held all this time.

5 hours ago, abhinandhan22 said:

For the last 2 phases, I used the "run like a coward, bait him into using the leaping overhead strike, dodge, attack, run, repeat" strategy. 

Had to actually beat the Demon of Hatred by getting good, though; didn't find out about the suicide cheese until afterward. (Looking forward to revenge in NG+ though)

3 hours ago, JinjonatorX said:

For the last 2 phases, I used the "run like a coward, bait him into using the leaping overhead strike, dodge, attack, run, repeat" strategy. 

Had to actually beat the Demon of Hatred by getting good, though; didn't find out about the suicide cheese until afterward. (Looking forward to revenge in NG+ though)

I tried that for a while but I would get hit by his lunge at times and then I went to try and learn his moveset to fight him legitimately but after 2hrs of dying, I gave up and tried the umbrella strat and beat him first try. Feel like it's the safest and easiest strat

10 hours ago, Akrioz said:

You will, eventually. Step by step. One day you will start NG+ and will be wondering how "Oh, I actually killed Genichiro on first try. Why I was even stuck here?"  And even if you don't - there are gazillions of easy strats and cheese tactics.

Ahahah that's exactly what happened to me, i just beat Genichiro on my first try on NG+ after being stuck on him for over 10 hours on my first playthrough. I really feel like he is the boss that taught me how to play this game, probably my favourite fight in the game alongside the Owl and the final fight.

• Like 1

On 24/4/2019 at 8:34 PM, Akrioz said:

Word. But I admit I had so many things now that could heal me, poor Genichiro couldn't be a big deal this time ?

In the end I got the platinum! I got gud.

... and I cheesed a bit ?? the umbrella can be uncannily awesome for last boss' final stages.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ekir said:

Word. But I admit I had so many things now that could heal me, poor Genichiro couldn't be a big deal this time 1f601.png

In the end I got the platinum! I got gud.

... and I cheesed a bit 1f47b.png1f633.png the umbrella can be uncannily awesome for last boss' final stages.

I loved the umbrella for Sword Saint Isshin last two lives! Arguably the easier endgame boss in terms of cheese. Isshin in Shura might need a bit more skill and wit to kill ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

And I'm just over here still at the blazing bull...

No worries, you'll def get past it. You can try deflecting its attack from when it charges straight at you. Fills up a good bit of its posture, and you can sneak in a hit or two during that time if you've got good distance. I remember using fireworks on it which caused it to charge and hit the wall and ended up posture breaking it lol (during the last half of its 2nd life)

16 hours ago, slc1392 said:

I loved the umbrella for Sword Saint Isshin last two lives! Arguably the easier endgame boss in terms of cheese. Isshin in Shura might need a bit more skill and wit to kill 1f605.png

For the Shura boss, shadowrush is your BFF ? it went from "omg this guy is even harder than the saint" to "wait, already??" in minutes!

I swear if this game taught me anything , it's " become the embodiment of ninja Sonic in a videogame" . Except Genichiro who is a block spamfest, every boss in the game can be solved by sprinting like Usain Bolt around the area. I don't even know if it's considered a cheese at this point xD 

Honorable mention to the ultimate boss in the game , Hirata Estate pillars, who made the running abit harder vs papa owl. 

20 hours ago, slc1392 said:

No worries, you'll def get past it. You can try deflecting its attack from when it charges straight at you. Fills up a good bit of its posture, and you can sneak in a hit or two during that time if you've got good distance. I remember using fireworks on it which caused it to charge and hit the wall and ended up posture breaking it lol (during the last half of its 2nd life)

He only requires 1 deathblow to kill now, so with Firecrackers it's free.

I didn't have that when I fought him so I just stood away to bait him into doing the very preditable charge attack. Parrying that makes him stop, which gives enough time to land 2 hits and retreat so that he goes into charging again.