Your Chillest/Most Relaxing Platinum (Plat Cast Topic)

Bushido7745785

Hey folks! Hope your trophy hunting is going alright this week! 

As some of you know, @ChernobylNinja and I run a podcast titled, "Plat Cast", where we ask you fine, platinum people a question and discuss your answers on the show! 

This week we're asking, "What is the chillest/most relaxing platinum you ever got? What platinum trophy filled you with a sense of calming, relaxing euphoria and made the journey worth it?"

Let us know, because I need some relaxing vibes this week! 

Also, make sure to join our discord for general Sony/trophy hunting goofs, good, welcoming people, and more over at: https://t.co/ayqM2pr6eq

Dark Cloud. For pretty much the same reason as @SlimSanta94. I played the game so much that I practically platted it 3 times on the PS2 already. I didn't have to look anything up (even the fishing stuff) because I already did it before.

The platinum was also easy because you didn't have to do the super dungeon, which if I'm being honest, I'm kind of disappointed it's not a trophy. 

The game also has some great tracks that are relaxing which makes it an easy choice as most chill. No particular trophy really stood out though.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

Wow, thinking about it, it sends me back to one of my earliest PS games.

I'd say Wet.

Total non sense with stylish ultra violence, stupidly easy game even on its hardest mode. You unlock the OST throughout the game, and more than once I surprised myself by choosing to put it on while I was having a hot bath. I really fondly remember this one because it was a rare moment in my life when I felt my neurons totally left my body for another dimension.

Contenders: the South Park Games, Bully, Deadpool, Killer is Dead and the Saints Row series.

• Like 3

Even through there’s no platinum associated with this, Journey was one of the chillest games I’ve ever played. Slow ambient music combined with its art style and exploration makes for a zen experience. Hell, there’s a trophy for sitting and meditating with another player! 

I don’t have the plat for Stardew Valley yet, but tending to your crops, foraging, fishing, and raising chickens is a damn chill time, especially playing on the PS Vita. But fuck Fector’s Challenge mini game, it is the complete opposite experience that Stardew offers and it’ll have you on the edge of your seat when swarms of enemies are flooding the screen ?

I fell asleep playing Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture so I guess it counts as literally the most relaxing platinum I’ve played lmaoooo

Edited by Nai_Lienoj
  • Like 4

Dragon quest 11:  The whole game is just super chill,  the characters are all very charming and even when something bad is happening in the story I couldn't help but just feel happy the whole way through.

Ghost Giant: This was the most recent VR game I played and it was very chill and fun to just mess around with,  no hard trophies that make my head hurt just a story/puzzle game with a bit of a darker story towards the end but over all just a really chill game.

Minecraft - A friend and I decided to learn the game and play it together.  We had so much fun in our virtual world that farming the trophies felt effortless.  I actually shed a tear the day we earned our platinum trophies knowing we were about to say good-bye to the amazing world we created and move on to other games.  Hands down this was my most chill and relaxing platinum.

Edited by karynw
  • Like 1

Severed. I completed this on Christmas Eve of the year it came out. It was a slow day at work and it scratched that itch of absolutely addictive gameplay couple with a trophy list that didn't require the need of any guide. Still my favourite Vita game to date and probably the most fun I've had earning a Platinum.

God of War (2018). I loved the colourful setting and spent probably most of the game just chilling in the boat listening to Mimir tell stories. The trophy list was nothing too crazy either, apart from maybe defeating the Valkyries. And the side quests were limited and relevant to the characters which made a nice change to most open world games that drown you in fetch quests.

• Like 2

I’d say Horizon Zero Dawn for me. I really enjoyed being in that world and the game was so beautiful to look at. The music in that game also gave off the vibe of calm and peaceful when you were just exploring around the world. Then you turn the corner and see a thunder jaw and shit gets real.

• Like 2

Slime Rancher! <3

I love farming sims in general, but this one is extra adorable and fun to play. Plus, no missables, so you can just go at your own pace, doing whatever you please in an adorable world, without needing to worry about checking a guide, and you’ll probably get all trophies naturally eventually (other than the Rush Mode, but even that isn’t too bad). I still go back to this game regularly, to play with my little kitty hybrid slimes, or watch my little Bee robots look after my ranch.

• Like 2

Probably I Am Setsuna.

Everything in the game was appropriately challenging... never felt overwhelmed, bored, frustrated, etc by anything in the game. The trophies were all pretty easy to get so long as you paid a little bit of attention to things, but it never felt like a guide was needed. And the music was so relaxing... one of maybe 3 video game soundtracks that I've actually purchased in my life (apart from ones that came with collectors editions of games).

Might have picked NERO as well, but it got so emotional toward the end that I'd consider it more of a cathartic game than a chill game. It's a walking simulator with good mechanics (sometimes hard to find with walking sims). Stunning visuals and a perfect soundtrack. 

Other chill games are ones without plats: Abzu, Dear Esther, Song of the Deep, Machinarium.