Reviews are out...

Neef-GT5

...and the critics are far from outstanding.

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/days-gone

Among the main issues, the technical performance is the least understandable for a game specifically developed for the PS4. Especially when compared to other exclusives like God of War or Horizon Zero Dawn.

Edited by Neef-GT5
  • Like 1

so which game has more bugs, worls war z or days gone. i havent played either but it seems with that amount of data flying by of thousands of zombies the systems can never handle that without a blue screen or some frozen game corruption. dead rising on ps4 was a mess and those arent even good graphics lol

Still looking forward to playing it. I pre-ordered back in 2017 when Amazon had the E3 deals so I got it for $40.

Playstation Trophies gave it a 9 so lets see how it is when we play it.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 3

I mean the game never really looked good to begin with. At least for me. Zombies? Again? And that dude seems so shallow without any depth. Always looked like a trash story and a cheap premise. But maybe the game convinces me from the opposite, when I pick it up when it is on sale.

• Like 1

I was kinda on the fence when I pre-ordered this one, and now I'm kind of on the fence with whether or not I'll cancel it (or take advantage of Gamestop's 48 hour full store-credit return thing).  The game always felt pretty average just looking at it, and the reviews are kinda giving me some confirmation of that feeling.  Doesn't help "open world" games typically aren't my thing (however zombie games are xD)... so a particularly bland iteration of a genre with too much fluff and filler as it is doesn't thrill me.

I wonder how much of it are reviewers being overly critical... and it's a good game that just happens to be the most average in a pile of 10/10 PS4 first party exclusives.  Or if it's genuinely a bland, mediocre game.

Edited by Dreakon13

It currently stands at 72%, which is a decent score, but far from the level of quality we come to expect from first-party titles.

Say what you want about me, I saw this coming. My instinct warned me about this game (I think I mentioned it somewhere on these forums yesterday), that there was no real hook to it, and boy, am I glad I didn't fork over any money for this game. Looks like I never will.