Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers Announced

Venocide

Just watched the live show, it's an action RPG for PS4 and Switch developed by Omega Force.

I told Nintendo fans on Twitter not to get too hyped up, P5S could be anything, and it turned out to be this lol  

Trailer.

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 4

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Well, I certainly wasn't expecting this! I'm not the biggest fan of musou games, but I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with this one. I look forward to it.

I'm sure you, and everyone else thought P5S stood for Persona 5 Switch xD It looks pretty good to be fair, I've always said that as long as the games are good, Atlus can milk Persona as much as they like :D 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Venocide said:

I'm sure you, and everyone else thought P5S stood for Persona 5 Switch xD It looks pretty good to be fair, I've always said that as long as the games are good, Atlus can milk Persona as much as they like :D 

Well, I figured if they were going to announce a Switch version of Persona 5, it would have been alongside the announcement of Persona 5 Royal, since it would be weird for them to port the original Persona 5 to Switch. I will admit that it's strange how Nintendo keep getting these spin-off games and Joker in Smash, but no main entries. I guess I can understand why Nintendo fans are upset since Atlus keep teasing them like this. :P

• Like 1

All they ever said was S. They never said anything about the Switch, but people took that and went overboard with it. I'm sure people are furious about this announcement, but it looks cool to me, but I like musou games. People need to control their hype.

• Like 2

Just now, Undead Wolf said:

Well, I figured if they were going to announce a Switch version of Persona 5, it would have been alongside the announcement of Persona 5 Royal, since it would be weird for them to port the original Persona 5 to Switch. I will admit that it's strange how Nintendo keep getting these spin-off games and Joker in Smash, but no main entries. I guess I can understand why Nintendo fans are upset since Atlus keep teasing them like this. :P

Well I thought they would get the base game, that's why I thought they'd announce it on a different day. If they announced Persona 5 Royal, then the Switch Port of the base game immediately after it would probably piss a few people off. With Joker in Smash as well it seemed like a certain thing to happen, but no... it was not too be. I knda wanted it to happen, though, I feel there's more of a chance of us getting Shin Megami Tensei V. Plus, Atlus did that online survey a few months ago, which mentioned porting games like Persona 5 and SMT to other consoles. Could still happen. 

I mean, it's Persona and obviously I will get it day 1 but I doubt I'll like this much. If it is what it looks like, it's one of my least favorite genres so I'll probably not enjoy it that much, just like the Arena games really. But hey, it's Persona so take my money.

6 minutes ago, OhDearGodRun said:

All they ever said was S. They never said anything about the Switch, but people took that and went overboard with it. I'm sure people are furious about this announcement, but it looks cool to me, but I like musou games. People need to control their hype.

ATLUS intentionally announced Joker for Smash alongside P5R and P5S. They made no moves to deny any rumors or clarify what the fuck either game was or for which platforms. They are solely responsible for allowing it to get this far. I would have been disappointed if they had clarified that P5 was not coming to Switch but I would have accepted it and moved on, but they decided to be assholes and not say anything. They NEVER EVEN TRIED to deny any rumors. They sat back and and allowed rumors and false leaks to run amok. So yeah, I'm pretty fucking furious.

Just now, Venocide said:

Well I thought they would get the base game, that's why I thought they'd announce it on a different day. If they announced Persona 5 Royal, then the Switch Port of the base game immediately after it would probably piss a few people off. With Joker in Smash as well it seemed like a certain thing to happen, but no... it was not too be. I knda wanted it to happen, though, I feel there's more of a chance of us getting Shin Megami Tensei V. Plus, Atlus did that online survey a few months ago, which mentioned porting games like Persona 5 and SMT to other consoles. Could still happen. 

I doubt Nintendo fans would be happy if Atlus decided to port the original game over to Switch when there's a shiny new version on the horizon with additional content. I mean it's not like the Persona 3 situation with PSP where it needed its own version due to the limitations of the hardware. I think Switch will get Persona 5 Royal one day, but people should have kept their expectations in check when it wasn't announced at the same time as PS4. 

• Like 2

I’d personally much rather have seen them do just about anything else with the Persona 5 brand. A musou game doesn’t seem like a great fit to me. Good for those who do like these games though.

Yay another shitty musou game based on popular franchise, can't wait, like it's sooooooo original I can't help it but to look forward for when I'll be able to finally pre-order it ?! But to be honest I feel bad for the owners of the Switch, I bet that's not what they were hoping for. And hey now that I think about it knowing Atlus and how much they love their spin-offs it's definitely gonna be canon. Definitely a hard pass for me.