Persona 5 Scramble: The Phantom Strikers Announced

Venocide

1 hour ago, xZoneHunter said:

It kinda was. With joker being in smash and naming the future project P5S which is a similar name to Dragon Quest XI S (switch port), it seemed pretty obvious a switch port was coming. This musou game kind of came out of nowhere. I can imagine this news was very underwhelming for those who wanted a switch port.

Plus as it stands now it's kinda odd the spin off comes to the switch while the main game is still exclusive.

Something being on Smash is no indication of a potential port, that was people with overactive imaginations jumping to conclusions. Cloud's introduction didn't precipitate to a Final Fantasy VII port for the Wii U. As I said,  if they really want to play P5, they can buy a PS4  or PS3 and they have nothing to be sad about because they were entitled to nothing from the start. 

As a SMT fan since the SFC I feel I have to say there is no way on this planet that i'd find myself playing this. Sure maybe as a download on a modded switch for 5 minutes but that's it. I just don't get these f^**)&^ing dancing, fighting (Still waiting for persona cup racing) shitty little games when we've all played enough real smt games to see through the money grab.

14 hours ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm not a big musou fan but this will at the very least be stylish. I liked Hyrule Warrior's clever use of the setting, and this should be just as fun. Since it's named P5 Scramble, I'm guessing it will be P5 characters only. Are we really only getting 8ish player characters? Hyrule had 29 (not at launch, but even that had more characters I think). Is P5S going to use non-team members as fighters? Maybe Mishima can fight with a smartphone or something. :)

I wouldn't be surprised if P4 and P3 characters will also be playable in P5S. Persona 3 characters were also playable in the Persona 4 Arena games, after all. I think the chances of be able to play with Yukiko and Akihiko in P5S are higher than being able to play with Sojiro and Mishima to be honest :P

20 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Actually kinda excited for Persona 5 Scramble. I know people that wanted a port for Switch are angry, but I'm happy to see something different with the Persona franchise. We have the RPG, fighting game, the rhythm games, and now we have a musou game. If only it was like an all star game with characters from Persona 3, 4, and 5, but I'll be nice to see the Persona 5 characters in something different. I'll be getting it on launch.

Oh, if this game succeeds, Omega Force will give you what you want. If there's one thing that Omega Force does well, it's make the same game over and over.

Little weird that it wasn't a port since the day previous was when P5 Royal was announced so weird timing.

Personally, me and my friends are more stoked about this musou game than a switch port would have done (wouldn't have bought it). If it's anywhere as polished as Hyrule Warriors is, that gets me so bloody excited. Instant pre-order.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I wouldn't be surprised if P4 and P3 characters will also be playable in P5S. Persona 3 characters were also playable in the Persona 4 Arena games, after all. I think the chances of be able to play with Yukiko and Akihiko in P5S are higher than being able to play with Sojiro and Mishima to be honest :P

Good point. Maybe P5S will go the P4A and P4AU route and have a campaign plot centered on the P5 team, but the P3 and P4 teams show up to help fight the shadow threat.

I won't lie though, I find the idea of Sojiro splashing hot coffee on shadows hilarious - "don't worry, that was the cheap stuff!"

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Oh, if this game succeeds, Omega Force will give you what you want. If there's one thing that Omega Force does well, it's make the same game over and over.

Sounds about right, we'll get Persona 3 scramble, persona 4 scramble, then updated versions of each game and finally an all star version that combines all 3.

9 hours ago, Venocide said:

Hoping the cast of Persona 3 and 4 are playable.

They gotta milk it and make 3 separate games, definitive versions of those games, then an all star version. With everything. (I know I basically already said this just didn't see his comment)

Edited by aZombieDictator

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

They gotta milk it and make 3 separate games, definitive versions of those games, then an all star version. With everything. (I know I basically already said this just didn't see his comment)

I'm okay with this :awesome:

On 4/25/2019 at 9:08 AM, DEI2EK said:

SMT deserves a musou game much more than persona imo

But SMT isn't important to atlus anymore so i cri

My guess is that SMT character will appear in Strikers. In fact, I think that's more likely than having P3 or P4 characters appear.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:38 AM, ToaElnida said:

I will only buy it on release if the make Futaba a playable character! \(>o<)/

I would be stunned if they didn't, but you never know with these spin-offs. I was really surprised at the lack of characters for the Berserk musou (although after grinding out the plat, I was happy not to have to beat Femto with even more characters).

2 hours ago, Venocide said:

Some Switch owners are a little bit pissed. 

Spoiler

GVSObBg.jpg

I'm sure acting like a spoiled brat will get Atlus to take them seriously. ? Imagine being this entitled... They have nobody to blame but themselves for getting hyped about something that wasn't even confirmed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Venocide said:

Some Switch owners are a little bit pissed.

Thank you for specifying "some". There are idiots from every console userbase, but it takes special ones to get that upset about a rumor.

I'm also seeing a lot of PS4 owners whining about P5R being a separate game and not being "just free DLC". I'm not sure who are the bigger idiots here.

Edited by MosesRockefeller
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

Thank you for specifying "some". There are idiots from every console userbase, but it takes special ones to get that upset about a rumor.

I'm also seeing a lot of PS4 owners whining about P5R being a separate game and not being "just free DLC". I'm not sure who are the bigger idiots here.

I've think I've actually seen more people complain about P5R not being DLC. Atlus did it 3 times with Persona 3, twice with Persona 4... nobody complained then, as far as I'm aware anyway. 

29 minutes ago, MosesRockefeller said:

I'm glad it's not DLC, gives me another physical persona copy I can buy(or multiple if it gets a LE like golden did)

• Like 1

I like musou games and I like Persona 5, I'll probably buy this one if the gameplay is good.

But it sure feels like Atlus is trying to milk the franchise as much as they can.

• Like 1