Does PSNP influence your trophy hunting?

willmill97

It’s got me like 20% higher completion rate, so yeah it motivates me a lot more than just regular trophies. Agree the layout here makes wanting to hunt better and more fun.

other than that. I avoid some games thanks to people on here talking about glitched trophies. I don’t avoid every game with them, but there are some I do. Depends on how interested in the game I am to overlook not getting the plat thanks to a dev not fixing a broken game. 

• Like 2

Yes. The events hosted on the site made me play & complete games I'd have ignored otherwise.

I earned trophies and completed games before I knew about PSNP. If the site were to disappear, I don't think I'd stop trophy hunting entirely. Maybe I'd focus a bit more on other hobbies and start playing games casually without caring for trophies all that much. But that's kinda what I'm already doing. I'm still playing Monster Hunter World almost 600 ingame hours after getting the plat. Trophies are not my main concern when playing games. They're a bonus,  I take them when it's not too annoying and ignore them otherwise. Playing games I think I like helps with that, there are not many games on my account I consider too annoying to plat. Most of my incomplete games are WIP or merely on hold for the indefinite future.

Did I start hunting trophies because of this site, no.

At some point though, i'm sure the site did motivate me to continue.
Thank you PSNP.

There was a brief period when I was trophy hunting on PS3 without any knowledge of PSNP. At the time, I was far less concerned with my overall completion since that statistic isn't visible from the console itself. When I joined PSNP and saw my overall completion on my profile, I kind of got obsessed with raising it. :lol: 

Another way this site has influenced me as a trophy hunter is by making more difficult platinums appealing thanks to the rarity system. I probably wouldn't have even bothered going for really tough plats before because there was no real incentive to. As we all know, PSN rarity is pointless since pretty much any plat you have to work for is ultra rare, even if it's not that difficult.

So yes, this site has definitely encouraged me to be more of a completionist and to platinum more difficult games. If this site disappeared tomorrow, I'm sure these things would still interest me, but probably less so.

• Like 4

I hunted trophies for six years before I came to the site, so it's definitely unrelated.

It did make me a bit more frustrated than I would have been otherwise when I finally broke a 9-year streak of 100% trophy completion last year, though.

• Like 1

You don't have an idea how much.

• Every day I check how my profile looks and plan my next move, what to play/clean up today.
  • Existence of trophy showcase & rarest trophies showcase give me a motivation boost to get a platinums/trophies I can put there.
  • Decision to play several games was based on amount of UR trophies/platinum rarity checked on PSNP
  • I'm not super skilled and dedicated, but I made several PSNP-based goals I'm trying to maintain, like get at least C rank in every game I play or sweep my Trophy Advisor list to not have a single common trophy (maybe one day I'll go to not have single uncommon trophy and go for at least A rank, but it's unlikely, I'd have to force myself too much)
  • I've added a goal to have 50 at least rare trophies, I'll try and clean my several unfinished games to get them.

The main reason of this because I'm fond of statistics, and Sony don't provide any tools to show anything interesing about trophies you've got. If PSNP and similiar sites wouldn't exist, I'd probably be less crazy about trophies and wouldn't torture myself with a games I don't like. But I'm happy with things how they're now, even if I sometimes badly choose game and have to clench my teeth and bother with it.

Before PSN, I was collecting achievements on Steam and AStats was the site I was visiting regularly. This is no longer the case. Even base Steam had a showcase with your most precious achievements, but Sony doesn't.

• Like 2

My trophy gathering addiction began around 10 years ago and I had no idea this site even existed until a few years ago. 

Upon discovering it I loved how you could see what games you had played from the very beginning and all the fun info like what your very first trophy was and all the milestones. The layout of the guides on this site are much better than ps trophies imo. 

It's definitely made a big impact on my trophy hunting habits in the sense of going back to finish games I played years ago and had forgot all about. 

I don't think I could be without PSNP now myself. 

• Like 2

No but it has affected my viewpoint on platinum milestone.  I Kind of plan out which platinum i want to get for every 25th.  150th might be either A plague tale: innocence or Sniper Elite V2 remastered. 

Not a big deal tbh.

?

i have plat or 100% most of what i can ever since july 2014 or roughly 8 months from when i started from the ps3.

but psnp didn't have an influence before.

edit: i'll make a promise to target some stuff on my list that has a 0% i never got around to them especially far cry blood dragon.

Edited by lordguwa

21 minutes ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

You don't have an idea how much.

• Every day I check how my profile looks and plan my next move, what to play/clean up today.
  • Existence of trophy showcase & rarest trophies showcase give me a motivation boost to get a platinums/trophies I can put there.
  • Decision to play several games was based on amount of UR trophies/platinum rarity checked on PSNP
  • I'm not super skilled and dedicated, but I made several PSNP-based goals I'm trying to maintain, like get at least C rank in every game I play or sweep my Trophy Advisor list to not have a single common trophy (maybe one day I'll go to not have single uncommon trophy and go for at least A rank, but it's unlikely, I'd have to force myself too much)
  • I've added a goal to have 50 at least rare trophies, I'll try and clean my several unfinished games to get them.

Me and you both ?

Edited by willmill97

it's made me care more about my completion percentage, which right now is abysmally low 

though my friend played a few games on my account like motorstorm and last of us which i don't even own so i might have to actually buy those if i ever want to raise the completion on those games

It didn't peak my interest in trophies but it started my love for hunting them. I check the site everyday, both for my progress and to look around at other games. Unfortunately it does influence games I play, for example, I refuse to platinum a game that has 50%+ rarity. This has stopped me playing some good games but it's my own irrational choice!

I would probably only have a handful of plats without this site.

My interest in trophies led me to find out about PSNP.

This site definitely is the best in most aspects about trophy hunting, no question. It also increased my motivation regarding things like completion and UR trophies like @Undead Wolf and others already mentioned.

If it was to vanish though there'd be two good alternatives I'd use (and am using, just not by a long shot to the extent I'm using PSNP):

TruTro and the PS Trophies app for mobile.

• Like 2

I'd say PSNP has enhanced my trophy hunting, not so much influenced it. All the stats,guides, trophy lists,etc. have been a huge help since I found this site a little over 6 years ago.

If it influenced my trophy habits I'd probably have a bunch of easy stacked plats, at least these days anyway.

I had only a single platinum when I joined this site so I'd be straight up lying if I said that the site doesn't affect me at all. If the site just vanished, I'd probably do the same thing I do now. Get the plats I really want and move on to another game. I don't think my yearly trophy count or yearly platinum count would (or even could) drastically drop from no PSNP.

• Like 1

Yep, I liked trophies and all beforehand.  But I wasn't that concerned.  When I joined this site I had like 0.68 trophies per day.  I've bumped that up to 1.08.  My completion has always been around 50% though.  But platinums though.  I had like two platinum before joining.  And that backlog topic is keeping me interested in doing at least one a month.  And that post your last trophy topic keeps me doing at least one a day.