Does PSNP influence your trophy hunting?

willmill97

If this site went down it wouldn't stop me trophy hunting at all. But it would change the way i go for trophies, i like the milestones, most of the time i go for something specific for a milestone. The main thing i use this site for is its so easy to check your trophies and search for a game etc. Its also nice to look at how many have certain plats, if its a rare one it kind of gives more more motivation to go for it and its satisfying knowing not many people have that plat, so yea i suppose it would effect me. 

Absolutely not, my trophy hunting attitude is always the same before finding this website in March 2016. 

PSN account created in September 2009, 8608 trophies: extremely huge backlog (more than 11500 unearned trophies, plenty of games with "F/E/D" rank completion, less than 30 Ultra Rare trophies, refusing to do all Co-Op games and trophies despite the very good gaming sessions...). I'm a lonely player and online trophies are too stressful for me. 

It started for me with TrueAchievements for Xbox back in 2010. I had a just a few Xbox and PlayStation games at 100%, though I had always challenged myself in past generations (6th and earlier) by playing games a bunch of games on the hardest setting. I was much younger during those generations and didn't have my own family yet though lol

This site is nice and clean, and helps make it all look a lot more organized for sure. TrueTrophies exists as well and is a good counterpart to TrueAchievements. 

If only Nintendo had something comparable! :) 

Edited by UrbanaSupernovA

I use a mix of Powerpyx.com Playstationtrophies.org(though the editorial staff got far worse) this site and good ol'fashion google. My biggest and sole issue for PSNP guides is that unless a game is super popular there will rarely be any guides for DLC.

Edited by EmoKitten4
  • Like 1

I enjoyed it on a more casual basis before I found this site. I dedicate more time to it now as I like seeing my stats change and watching my completion slowly get better (or worse). This site definitely makes hunting more fun being able to share moments of struggles/achievements while going for a certain plat. 

Edited by black__bunny

I've always been a completionist, and I became a trophy hunter the second I accidentally got my first one on PS3 and was like, "Huh, what's that?" I found out about PSNP later. I would still go for trophies if it wasn't around, but I really enjoy the layout and stats on the site. Also, when I'm deciding if I want to play a game, I always pull up the trophy list to check how hard the plat is, if there's DLC, etc. A very useful resource.

7 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Another way this site has influenced me as a trophy hunter is by making more difficult platinums appealing thanks to the rarity system. I probably wouldn't have even bothered going for really tough plats before because there was no real incentive to. As we all know, PSN rarity is pointless since pretty much any plat you have to work for is ultra rare, even if it's not that difficult.

So yes, this site has definitely encouraged me to be more of a completionist and to platinum more difficult games. If this site disappeared tomorrow, I'm sure these things would still interest me, but probably less so.

My thoughts exactly. 

I get too bored playing a lot of overly easy games, and I will just play them when I need a “break”.

• Like 1

Nope. The only reason I came here is because I enjoy looking at the trophy profile Sly designed. No other site really has anything that is as nice looking from what I've seen, and I really like being able to somewhat personalize the way it looks. (although I wish we were able to have colored font back to match the border.)

If PSNP were to vanish I wouldn't stop playing the way I always have I just wouldn't have something cool to look at anymore. 

• Like 1

I'm like a few others that commented about it 

STATS

honestly this site makes me to try to play my games more to completion, if anything I'd be like Neko and have 10% (Neko seriously nothing wrong with your comp rate seriously < 3 you) 
But I made a promise to keep my comp rate above 50% before I play a new game. If this site shut down I'd load up all my games and go from there.

Edited by mackenzie129

12 hours ago, willmill97 said:

I feel like if PSNP were to suddenly vanish, I wouldn't be as eager to go for trophies and I'd probably quickly give up.

Not to mention the great community this website has and the great trophy guide layout to me makes it much more accessible too, and it makes me feel like I'm part of something bigger rather than just getting trophies by myself. 

Can't agree more with your statements. Really enjoying being part of this community, share my experiences about games with other people but also just to read a bit what's going on in the forum. Even if the worst case scenario would happen I'll still continue with my Trophy Hunting but something would defintely be missing.

Edited by Valinor90

PSNP influences me greatly... i go after trophies much more after knowing this website and that is true for both easy and hard games... since over a year i participate in many community events that gave and give me ideas of playing games for certain reasons like name, genres, rarity etc. i wouldn't have chosen otherwise... i even picked up several games i started 5 or 6 years ago and unlock either all or at least many trophies to boost my trophy completion percentage... and also only thx to psnp i know of boosting sessions which helped me get almost all online trophies i have on my profile...

And as others said i too like the stats overview much :) too bad nothing alike is shown on the PS consoles...

Edited by Evil_Joker88

I've only known about this site for a couple of years, but I've been trophy collecting for way longer. Finding this site has made it so much easier to figure out which trophies I haven't collected yet. Going into my collection on the system itself and having to find what I'm looking for is sometimes like pulling teeth. Plus, I think the rarity system is better.

• Like 1

For years I used Playstation Trophies for Trophy guides and only started using PSNP more recently. 

The trophy guides influence as to whether I get a certain game or not with the exceptions of Tales, FF and KH where I buy them regardless.

When looking to buy a game, I first look at the trophy list and if it's too hard, I usually look for a different game. It's actually the reason i never dipped my toe into the Yakuza games... 

Other than that, it helps plan my playthrough so I can get all the missables and be aware of certain collectibles so I can work on them along the way as opposed to having it pile up at the end and grinding for it, particularly in RPGs.

On 26/04/2019 at 9:15 AM, NekoRave said:

Most of psnp probably wants me to hang myself for having a 10% completion so IDGAF tbh lol

Your completion rate has jumped up to just over 15% Also, you have twice the amount of ultra rare trophies than I do. Ya not doing too bad, considering you've played/sampled almost 1900 games :o Ya cool imo, glad ya don't give a toss what others think and all too.

• Like 2