Does PSNP influence your trophy hunting?

willmill97

I like the community of this site. Very encouraging of each other's efforts. Sure, there are a few d!ckheads becasue this is the internet, after all, but it's a pretty good place to talk about trophies and games. It certainly has encouraged me to complete games on my PlayStations, as I used to be exclusively an Xbox player but not an achievement hunter. I still play other consoles but I'm loving my PS3 and PS4

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Also if you haven't noticed the signature is gone, I'm annoyed at the fact I get comments towards it but what I can't be annoyed at that and express said annoyance?

I don't care about any of that one way or another, but just to let you know the chunk of text in the signature they're talking about is still there. Unless you're talking about something else or have the signature setting off?

I have a 12% completion, I am an absolutely horrible gamer, I only play easy games,, I own more games than I finish, nothing I have done so far is difficult, everything I do isn't enough for top 1,000 gamers in the world, I don't have enough platinums, I don't know why I call myself a gamer, I will never be able to satisfy the needs of gamers as my account is a horrible atrocity, why do I even play video games? I'll never be able to live up to the average player, I guess I'll stick to my Mayo games and just be a casual gamer with mediocre skills.

Now that this is out of the way, you can browse my account knowing that I am fully aware of what a failure I am and how awful it is that I exist in the gaming world for daring to play games in a community where only the elite can be a gamer.

I live in a sick world where I have attempted to game but unless I do every 0.01% platinum I can't dare say i've done anything worth noting so idk why you bother with such a trash player such as I.

Maybe one day I be good enough to be called still shit by these wonderful elite gamers. I aspire for approval of elitists and approval of fellow gamers that side with the opinion of elitists that my completion percentage of a mere worthless 12%.

On 4/25/2019 at 7:32 PM, willmill97 said:

Does it for you? Would you still go for trophies without this site? I'm interested to hear what you all have to say. 

In many more ways then one. It's made me go for Platinums I wouldn't normally go for like Laser League and Onrush which requires online. PSNP also helps getting online trophies easier by creating online sessions. One such game which helped alot creating online session was Far Cry's 5 stupid online trophies. Amongst other things the trophy guides helped alot and when there's no guide you can create a thread and discuss requirements for certain trophies with people whom might have it and what it's requirements are. But besides that it's about having discussions/arguments/drama  with other gamers that that fills the gap in between gaming sessions that i enjoy. 

The only reason I hunt trophies is because of this site. I found it through clicking on someone's signature on another forum and I was hooked. The way trophies are displayed here is gorgeous and it lights my complusive 'must collect everything' urge. If this site were to die I would probably go back to playing games the way I did before the site. Play through once and ignore everything else. So I never would've done the amazing side missions in Yakuza.. that's a sad thought.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

When I first started the Playstation 3, I didn't really care so much about trophies. As time went on and when my friend introduced me to this site, I began to collect trophies like crazy, trying to get more and more Platniums. So yes, I believe this site made me become more of a trophy achiever. 

• 3 years later...