Suggestion: Server Closure Visual on Profile

I would like to see this implimented  

73 members have voted

1. 1. I would like to see this implimented

• Yes
    • No

What a great idea. Sure if may be shown in the forums but those can be cluttered or confusing.

Might be off topic, but going along with this, perhaps some kind of acknowledgement about DLC being pulled as well (if it pertains to select trophies). A lot of times recently, when servers close, DLC is also unnecessarily pulled.

It is a good idea. But I would go for a more a icon like blue for open still, red for closed online and so on. like say the hour glass is blue for open. Then red for closed. And timers go up on the blue ones for how long it might have till it is closed. If say the online is going down in a week and so on.

16 minutes ago, dottyduke1 said:

What a great idea. Sure if may be shown in the forums but those can be cluttered or confusing.

Might be off topic, but going along with this, perhaps some kind of acknowledgement about DLC being pulled as well (if it pertains to select trophies). A lot of times recently, when servers close, DLC is also unnecessarily pulled.

Or maybe a dlc delisted icon??? Maybe if this takes on we can get tat too, one battle at a time :)

A countdown timer, eh? Sounds like it will do wonders for people who suffer from anxiety. :P 

Personally, I would prefer a simple notification that informs people who've played the game how long they have until the server closes (1 month, 1 week, etc). The problem with all of this is that it would require staff on this site to manually input the date of a game's server closure, but I do agree that it would be a nice feature to have.

On 4/25/2019 at 11:17 PM, TheYuriG said:

Another great suggestion that's gonna be ignored.

Maybe if one day this gets implemented, then this also could:

It's a shame really. It would have been extremely useful.

2 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

While I do think this is a good idea, it does mean there would have to be someone who's job would be tracking servers and when they're going down.  Stuff like that can't be easily pulled from PSN like trophy data

That someone already exists. And the information is all crowdsourced so if he stops someone else will take his place.

1 hour ago, NamoPh said:

That someone already exists. And the information is all crowdsourced so if he stops someone else will take his place.

This exactly, and in my original post I said there could be an implementation along the lines of X number of people have to report the time then a mod confirms it … and certain conditions have to be met like you own the game, much like the reporting system. Also finding mods that would be willing to do that would be that wouldn't be that hard I would assume, there are probably a few in willing to do it in this thread :)

Whilst the concept of alerting people to server closures is a decent idea, I'm not sure if this is quite the way to do it.

For example if you had 600 games on your profile and there was a server closure due on a game that's listed 468th on your list it would be easily missable. You could then say have an alert on your profile that would let you know of upcoming server closures so you could then scroll through or allow you to sort your list so these games come to the top but that would take extra work.

There's also those that would have to moderate it and there being a potential backlash in case the times given end up inaccurate (unlikely but possible).

The first thing you would do if a game came up on your profile as an upcoming server shutdown would then be to go to a forum to find out why so probably a good idea to just keep a close eye on this, which those who are serious about trophy hunting do anyway.

All that said, I'm not sure if new ideas are being considered anymore on this site, it seems to be maintenance only. If they are then best of luck with your proposal.

15 minutes ago, FawltyPowers said:

Whilst the concept of alerting people to server closures is a decent idea, I'm not sure if this is quite the way to do it.

For example if you had 600 games on your profile and there was a server closure due on a game that's listed 468th on your list it would be easily missable. You could then say have an alert on your profile that would let you know of upcoming server closures so you could then scroll through or allow you to sort your list so these games come to the top but that would take extra work.

There's also those that would have to moderate it and there being a potential backlash in case the times given end up inaccurate (unlikely but possible).

The first thing you would do if a game came up on your profile as an upcoming server shutdown would then be to go to a forum to find out why so probably a good idea to just keep a close eye on this, which those who are serious about trophy hunting do anyway.

All that said, I'm not sure if new ideas are being considered anymore on this site, it seems to be maintenance only. If they are then best of luck with your proposal.

The trickiest part would be moderating the thing because it would have to be done manually, but that part is already crowdsourced by users. It would still take some effort on a mod's part, but it wouldn't be as titanic.

If that's done, adding a "Filter by server closure" option would be much simpler.

I think this is a great idea but could it instead be added to a section in the home page?  Most people have unplayed games in their backlog that aren't on their profile.

All this would really need is to take the info from the current closure thread and place it somewhere more visible.