The Ninja Warriors Once Again (PS4)

https://gematsu.com/2019/04/the-ninja-warriors-once-again-launches-for-ps4-switch-in-july-in-japan

That Ninja Warriors game which was announced for Nintendo Switch is ALSO coming to PS4 & the date is July. ? I was kinda sure it would, since Wild Guns made it over to PS4 like this.

The 2 new characters are Raiden (4 meters high & 32 tons) & Yaksha.

Got to have this. With the original Ninja Warriors Again on SNES being such a good game, I have no doubts.

• Like 2

It'll have 2 player co-op, unlike the SNES one. I can't wait to try the 2 new characters. Looking a bit like a Jaeger from Pacific Rim except heavier, Raiden is likely slow as hell, though I'm sure he's got to be lethal when played right... one picture from Gematsu's story shows him grabbing 3 enemies at once.

I found a longplay of the SNES original. The SNES version is going for sick prices on eBay, like $100+. 

When the Ninja grabs an enemy & does a giant swing, it's awesome. Kunoichi can use her hair to tie up enemies & throw them behind her. The 1st stage's boss is a big robot like Tekken's Jack.

TNW Once Again will keep a similar style, only with a far higher graphical quality, more enemies on screen, & a 16:9 play area. For PS4 & Switch, they have redrawn the characters with more detail & animation frames. The stages will be more detailed. Taito & Natsume-Atari (no relation to Tempest 4000's publisher Atari) are really putting some effort into this. Hopefully there will be even more breakable things in stages than the SNES version already has.

https://www.natsumeatari.co.jp/tnwoa/

This is Natsume-Atari's page for TNWOA. Click the Topics button to see the differences.

• Like 1

Great freaking news! I absolutely loved this game as a kid and I still have my cartridge. Didn't know the game was running for that much these days so I'm glad I held on to it.

Ninja was my absolute favorite, I spammed his booster kick through the entire first stage and would just laugh all the way through. He had a gun arm too, man a freaking gun arm!

Edited by majob

While this video is so old (last September) that the 2 new characters aren't shown on the player select, it looks good in action. If you've played the SNES game, wait til you see what they've done to the 1st boss. The blood is green like the original Japanese SNES (Super Famicom) game... hopefully they change it to red for the US.

• 1 month later...

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/the-ninja-saviors-return-of-the-warriors-goes-gold

Development on The Ninja Warriors Once Again is totally wrapped up. I've heard a release date for Asia is 25 July. Any version other than the Japanese one will be titled "The Ninja Saviors: Return of the Warriors".

https://gematsu.com/2019/06/the-ninja-warriors-once-again-coming-west

A retail version is planned from a new publisher, ININ- along with a LE from Strictly Limited Games. ESRB confirms that it is rated T, with red blood- not the green splashes from the Super Famicom game.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's someone's Ninja 1CC on the hard setting. There's a new enemy in this... flying drones. More enemies on screen at once than in the SNES version & more things to throw. Boss battles have been changed up a little as well... some bosses that didn't have mooks accompanying them in the SNES game do now.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Darn it... Ninja Saviors is delayed in NA. The 30 August release date stuck for Europe & Australia. But the NA release date is now 15 October.

This is not some JRPG with tons of text... it is already in English. Now I almost want to go buy an import physical copy.

ININ's given reason for the delay is "unforeseen logistical challenges". That said, at least it does not involve censorship of any sort.

The reason for the short-term postponement in North America are unforeseen logistical challenges, which could not be solved in time despite intensive efforts. ININ would like to apologize formally to the many fans who are already eagerly waiting to play this masterpiece. As small compensation for a longer wait time, the physical release will contain some extra items that will be revealed later.

• Like 1