May 2019 Trophies for Trophy Hunting Competition (May 1st - May 31st)

Trophies for Trophy Hunting
Welcome to the second month of the trophy competition that I've called "Trophies for trophy hunting".

I feel like most of the active challenges/competitions here are mainly focusing on collecting platinum trophies and attaining 100% completion.

Instead of adding another one into the mix, last month I came up with something new and this is the result of that.

This competition is one where I have set certain challenges to complete whilst trophy hunting. Think of it as trophies you can get for hunting trophies.

The purpose of this challenge is to find unearned trophies that meet the requirements for those challenges. Maybe those challenges are that last bit of motivation you need to pick up that old game and achieve that trophy. 

How do the challenges work?

For the month of May there are 40 challenges to complete. The list of challenges will be placed below.

You can complete challenges at your own pace.

If you’ve completed at least 35 of the 40 challenges, you can score more points by going for the same challenges again (round 2)

You can still complete the last 5 challenges from round 1 after you’ve started round 2 but you can not complete a challenge in round 2 if you haven’t yet completed that same challenge in round 1.

You get 1 point per completed challenge.

How do we keep score?

If you’ve completed 5 or more challenges you make a post about those trophies and I will award the points.

At the end of the month if you have 3 completed challenges left that you haven't posted about, you can make a post for just those 3 challenges of course.

Participant with the most points at the end of the month is the winner.

How do I post completed challenges?

You post the name of the trophy with which you’ve fulfilled a challenge and the number of the challenge. Based on that trophy I will check your trophy log to see if you’ve met the conditions. 

Please also mention the timestamp from when you've earned that trophy. Especially later in the month this saves me a lot of time searching trophy logs.

Examples are from the first month so the challenge used for the example is outdated

For example: Completed: Challenge 9. Get a trophy that has the word egg(s) in the trophy name: Egg Hunt - Spyro the Dragon 5th April 11:12 PM

You can only complete 1 challenge with the same trophy. So once you’ve named a trophy to complete a challenge you can not name that trophy to complete another challenge.

If a challenge requires you to get multiple trophies they must all be locked in for that challenge. So none of the trophies to fulfill that challenge can be used for another challenge.

If you started round 2 and still have some earned trophies that you haven't used for a challenge, you can still lock those trophies in to complete challenges in round 2

How do I sign up?

Just comment that you will be competing and you’re good to go.

You can still sign up after this competition has started (May 1st). You can use trophies you've earned before signing up to complete challenges, as long as you've earned them in this month (May 2019)

There is no maximum to the number of participants.

You will be added to the leaderboard and google spreadsheet once you've updated your first completed challenges

You can also report your first completed challenges in the same post you sign up

Got some ideas?

This is my first time organising any kind of competition and this is the second draft of the concept. So any feedback or suggestions are always welcome. Please feel free to post any ideas or improvements.

Challenges will be up for a whole month, and if this proves to be a succes I will think of new the challenges for the next month

The competition starts on

May 1st 0:01 AM UTC +02

The Challenges for May

1.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the M

2.     Get a trophy from a game that starts with the A

3.     Get a trophy from a game that starts or ends with the Y

4.     Get a trophy from a game where you can play as a female character

5.     Get a trophy from a game that is a sequel

6.     Get a trophy from a game that is released in the month May (Doesn’t matter which year)

7.     Get a trophy from a game from which you’ve earned your first trophy over a year ago

8.     Get a trophy from a game in your favorite genre

9.     Get a trophy from a game where the platinum trophy takes more than a day to achieve. (This is measured by the completed time on the 100% club page of a game. If the 50th fastest is recorded at more than a day, the game counts)

10.  Get a trophy that has all the letters G E M I N I in the trophy name

11.  Get a trophy that has all the letters F R E E D O M in the trophy name

12.  Get a trophy that has all the letters P I K A C H U or all the letters P O K E M O N in the trophy name

13.  Get a trophy that has all the letters M O U S E in the trophy name

14.  Get a trophy that has the word Light(ning) in the trophy name (Just the word Light is enough)

15.  Get a trophy that has the word Power in the trophy name

16.  Get a trophy that from a game that is labelled with the theme ‘mystery’ on PSNP (For example Detroit Become Human)

17.  Get a trophy that has the word Team in the trophy name

18.  Get a trophy that has all the letters S O N I C in the trophy name

19.  Get a trophy from a game in the ‘racing’ genre

20.  Get a trophy that has all the letters A L A D D I N in the trophy name

21.  Get a trophy that has all the letters D E S E R T in the trophy name

22.  Get a trophy that has the word Hot in the trophy name (You can search for 3-letter words on the trophies page like this: Hot iahjrjkhgjshg, It will show all the results for Hot since there are no hits on the gibberish)

23.  Get a trophy that has the word Game in the Trophy name

24.  Get a trophy that has all the letters T H R O N E S in the trophy name

25.  Get a trophy that is labelled with the theme Fantasy in PSNP

26.  Get a trophy that has a punctuation mark in the trophy name ( ! ? - . ‘)

27.  Get a trophy that has a number in the trophy name

28.  Get 3 trophies that all start with the same letter (all 3 trophies must be locked in for this challenge)

29.  Get a trophy from a game that you started between January and April 2019

30.  Get a trophy from a DLC pack (On disc DLC like Minecraft and Uncharted Collection also count)

31.  Get a trophy from a game released in 2017

32.  Get 2 PSNP Rare trophies (They must both be locked in for this challenge)

33.  Get a PSNP Very Rare or Ultra Rare trophy

34.  Get a trophy from a game that is made by a developer from Europe

35.  Get a trophy from a game that is part of a franchise that is at least 10 years old

36.  Get a trophy where the first letter of the trophy name is the same as the first letter of your PSN username

37.  Get a trophy from a game which has a multiplatform trophy list

38.  Get a trophy from a game whre you play in outer space (Also counts if it's just a small segment of a game, but it has to be gameplay, cutscenes don't count)

39.  Get a trophy from a game where you play in or on water (Also counts if it's just a small segment of a game, but it has to be gameplay, cutscenes don't count)

40.  Get a trophy that is obtained by collecting collectables 

Sidenotes:

Please add a youtube link to gameplay of water / outer space segments
Please provide a link to info that a developer is from europe

Google Sheet with Leaderboard and everyone's own completed challenges

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1M1s6Ds7zMWWOOj66vw5Ce8bWGjDloTQQhERIaVm-zv4/edit?usp=sharing

Google sheet template you can use to keep track of your own challenges.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Mg2KDPPc58x5lKLAJ2t_Zaqd6CrSWGuac9tVOjCpy58/edit?usp=sharing

Leaderboard (only the scoring participants are shown):
Spoiler

ArtikSkarab 80
Jemmie 63
AmarisSkye 35
AvengedEvil 22
cjshaitan 22
Han_the_Dragon 21
Dmland12 21
coldsphinx93 20
Arctic Cress 19
TagdeKING 19
VASORAT13 18
SuperSmash5U 15
MidnightDragon 10
PermaFox 6

Edited by CSmit180
  • Like 3

For "Water" a Water puddle / rain counts? (I'm thinking of Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, Dirt Rally 2.0 kind of "water").. 

I do have the Raptide games on my backlog, but don't want to start them.. 

For OuterSpace, I will need to look, since Wipeout and Redout may be crazy, but I think that everything in them in here down on Earth.. 

8 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I apologize if this sounds off, but isn't it four days early for this thread? I mean, nobody will get points on this thread until Mayday anyways. :)

Nevertheless, I will be trying for this event too, I have plenty of stuff I need to get back too. ;)

The other one was also posted on the 26th, so, I think that he will go for consistency. 

I still plan on getting a few more points this month, and at least finish round 1 once... 

Doubt that I will finish round 1 in May (and I almost felt like I was beforced to finely start Yakuza Kiwami or Ys Origins lol) 

+ Gemini should be in June not May (but that's me..) 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon

Of course, I'm back for round two! I have a question about Challenge 9 though. Are we getting a trophy in a game that takes over a day to platinum, or are we getting a platinum that takes over a day to get? The wording is a little confusing.

7 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

For "Water" a Water puddle / rain counts? (I'm thinking of Dirt Rally, Dirt 4, Dirt Rally 2.0 kind of "water").. 

I do have the Raptide games on my backlog, but don't want to start them.. 

For OuterSpace, I will need to look, since Wipeout and Redout may be crazy, but I think that everything in them in here down on Earth.. 

The water needs to have an impact on the gameplay. So swimming or being on a ship will be the most common ways to clear this. For dirt games the bare minimum to count is a water puddle that you need to go through and that also slows your car. Only rain is not enough.

It also doesn't count if you can jump in water but die or get damaged by doing so. (like in the spyro games)

7 hours ago, SuperSmash5U said:

I apologize if this sounds off, but isn't it four days early for this thread? I mean, nobody will get points on this thread until Mayday anyways. :)

Nevertheless, I will be trying for this event too, I have plenty of stuff I need to get back too. ;)

It's correct that you can't get trophies for these challenges before May 1st. But i wanted to publish the list of challenges beforehand, so everyone has a fair amount of time if they want to plan ahead.

Also for people with near 100% profiles, they now still have an opportunity to start a game in april for the challenge for a game that you started between january and april

7 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

+ Gemini should be in June not May (but that's me..)

The first Gemini birthdays are may 20th, and I know it has a bigger timespan in June but i already die Aries and Taurus last month haha

6 hours ago, jemmie said:

Of course, I'm back for round two! I have a question about Challenge 9 though. Are we getting a trophy in a game that takes over a day to platinum, or are we getting a platinum that takes over a day to get? The wording is a little confusing.

A trophy in a game that thakes over a day to platinum. I changed the wording to the challenge. You were right.

1 hour ago, CSmit180 said:

The water needs to have an impact on the gameplay. So swimming or being on a ship will be the most common ways to clear this. For dirt games the bare minimum to count is a water puddle that you need to go through and that also slows your car. Only rain is not enough.

It also doesn't count if you can jump in water but die or get damaged by doing so. (like in the spyro games)

Ok, I actually had forgot that I got Abzu for the Songaka event until I was looking at what I could do about another "A" game trophy... So, I think that I will use Abzu for both Water and "A" game. 

1 hour ago, CSmit180 said:

The first Gemini birthdays are may 20th, and I know it has a bigger timespan in June but i already die Aries and Taurus last month haha

I known. That was partly a joke because you only put Gemini, but not Taurus and I'm a Gemini of June lol

I have to look into it, but the spelling challenges look way harder this time around (long words, with tricky letters). And I have to see about Outer space, I initially thought of Primal, but I think that I was confusing it with Beyond Good and Evil.. (and I doubt that LBP would qualify, even if the game is build around "worlds" and our base is in "the moon" ?) 

But I'm still mainly focusing on April, since I found in my trophy advisor more easy trophies that should make possible for me to get 35+ on round two of April. 

Edited by Han_the_Dragon