May 2019 Trophies for Trophy Hunting Competition (May 1st - May 31st)

Looks like I get to be the first to post!

21.  Get a trophy that has all the letters D E S E R T in the trophy name: Backseat Driver - Grand Theft Auto V (PS4) 30th April 2019 5:14:46 PM UTC -7 

For me, the event started at 15:00 30th April 2019.

Edited by PermaFox

Let me see... seems to be a lot more letters to spell words challenges this month...

10.  Get a trophy that has all the letters G E M I N I in the trophy name
11.  Get a trophy that has all the letters F R E E D O M in the trophy name

At least you didn't make up do T A U R U S again. xD

12.  Get a trophy that has all the letters P I K A C H U or all the letters P O K E M O N in the trophy name
13.  Get a trophy that has all the letters M O U S E in the trophy name
14.  Get a trophy that has the word Light(ning) in the trophy name (Just the word Light is enough)

15.  Get a trophy that has the word Power in the trophy name
16.  Get a trophy that from a game that is labelled with the theme ‘mystery’ on PSNP (For example Detroit Become Human)

Let me guess... this comes from the Detective Pikachu movie coming out? ;)

17.  Get a trophy that has the word Team in the trophy name
18.  Get a trophy that has all the letters S O N I C in the trophy name
19.  Get a trophy from a game in the ‘racing’ genre

At first I thought it was because of the live-action Sonic the Hedgehog movie, but then I remembered that this month is the release date of Team Sonic Racing... :P

20.  Get a trophy that has all the letters A L A D D I N in the trophy name
21.  Get a trophy that has all the letters D E S E R T in the trophy name

Whoa whoa whoa… the live-action Aladdin movie is coming out this month too? :S

23.  Get a trophy that has the word Game in the Trophy name
24.  Get a trophy that has all the letters T H R O N E S in the trophy name

What is this? Is the final season of Game of Thrones coming out this month? I don't really care jack about that high fantasy lustfest. :P

32.  Get 2 PSNP Rare trophies (They must both be locked in for this challenge)
33.  Get a PSNP Very Rare or Ultra Rare trophy

I guess this time you're cutting the slack and dropping the "four uncommon trophies" part.

(You can search for 3-letter words on the trophies page like this: Hot iahjrjkhgjshg, It will show all the results for Hot since there are no hits on the gibberish)

Thanks for the HOT tip! I was wondering how to get past the weird filter that prevents you from searching for three-letter words in a trophy title! :D

Well, I have a lot of work cut out for me. Wish me luck. At least this time I can do a few of these challenges, like the one requiring a trophy that takes longer than a day to complete, and hoo boy do I have a LOT of incomplete games from last month for that one trophy requiring the game to be started from January to April. ^_^

On 4/26/2019 at 3:00 PM, Fat Chocobo said:

Sign me up under MidnightDragon please.

Favorite genre: RPG

I didn't realize you were MidnightDragon. I love this new PSN name! (The old one was rad too but yay Chocobos!)

Oh yeah - also - SIGN ME UP, @CSmit180! I am so excited to do this again though the letters (where you have to find the letters to spell the words) ones are all going to make me cry. They were the hardest to find trophies for last time because I had to go through the name of each one and see if they had the exact right letters though sometimes I was pleasantly surprised. I hope to do as well this month as I did last month.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AmarisSkye said:

I didn't realize you were MidnightDragon. I love this new PSN name! (The old one was rad too but yay Chocobos!)

Oh yeah - also - SIGN ME UP, @CSmit180! I am so excited to do this again though the letters (where you have to find the letters to spell the words) ones are all going to make me cry. They were the hardest to find trophies for last time because I had to go through the name of each one and see if they had the exact right letters though sometimes I was pleasantly surprised. I hope to do as well this month as I did last month.

I just changed my forum name. My PSN name is the same.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:23 PM, CSmit180 said:

Google Sheet with Leaderboard and everyone's own completed challenges

I still have to make this 

I will be making a template for me. Would you like me to send you mine when its made? Mine will be done by the end of the day because I can't keep track of which trophies I am putting to each challenge without one.

1 hour ago, AmarisSkye said:

I will be making a template for me. Would you like me to send you mine when its made? Mine will be done by the end of the day because I can't keep track of which trophies I am putting to each challenge without one.

I was literally just making these haha. Shared them just now.
If yours is any better you're free to share it of course!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CSmit180 said:

I was literally just making these haha. Shared them just now.
If yours is any better you're free to share it of course!

Here is my template (EDIT: finished now)

My link is created so the user automatically creates there own copy and I don't need to risk them accidentally editing the original template.

Edited by AmarisSkye

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Qhnl9MtD055-osjFxp8WZjriAezPNSwxgRJto9PgNE/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a spreadsheet I made to help myself figure out which trophies have the right combination of letters to qualify for those GEMINI/FREEDOM etc challenges.  I think others might find it useful as well, so, enjoy!

To use:

(1) Click "File" and "Make a Copy" so you have your own spreadsheet to use.

(2) Fill out the list of trophy names from your unearned and/or backlog that you're looking at in the "B" column.  (The "A" Column is not really necessary to fill out, but I used it to help organize my own list).

If the trophy name satisfies the requirements, then the box in that column will say "TRUE", otherwise it will remain blank.

The formulas are filled out through row 100.  If you need more than that you can copy/paste the formulas in columns C through BP into new rows as needed.  Just make sure you copy through BP (the last empty column), since there are some hidden columns after BH that are necessary to test for THRONES.

Let me know if you find any errors.

• Like 4

This is a very useful tool, @dmland12! Thanks for building it! ^_^

Anyways, my locked-in genre will remain RPG because I love RPGs and need to get some of my RPG backlog done. ;) Here are the first five trophies I got for this event:

3.   Get a trophy from a game that starts or ends with the Y
 Damage Dealer / Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist (gonna use this game for Round 2 and 3 - Yu-Gi-Oh is a fun card game :D)
23.  Get a trophy that has the word Game in the Trophy name
 King of the Games / Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist
27.  Get a trophy that has a number in the trophy name
 Mach 10 / Bird Game +
28.  Get 3 trophies that all start with the same letter (all 3 trophies must be locked in for this challenge)
 The Evil Genius / Doodle Evil
 The Battle / Bird Game +
 Tuned In / Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist
36.  Get a trophy where the first letter of the trophy name is the same as the first letter of your PSN username
 Sweet Little Toys / Doodle Devil

Also earned another trophy for Block 2 but want to take a nap and then get the next four later.

1 hour ago, dmland12 said:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16Qhnl9MtD055-osjFxp8WZjriAezPNSwxgRJto9PgNE/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a spreadsheet I made to help myself figure out which trophies have the right combination of letters to qualify for those GEMINI/FREEDOM etc challenges.  I think others might find it useful as well, so, enjoy!

To use:

(2) Fill out the list of trophy names from your unearned and/or backlog that you're looking at in the "B" column.  (The "A" Column is not really necessary to fill out, but I used it to help organize my own list).

If the trophy name satisfies the requirements, then the box in that column will say "TRUE", otherwise it will remain blank.

The formulas are filled out through row 100.  If you need more than that you can copy/paste the formulas in columns C through BP into new rows as needed.  Just make sure you copy through BP (the last empty column), since there are some hidden columns after BH that are necessary to test for THRONES.

Oh my goodness! I added this to my challenge spreadsheet! Thanks!

In fact - I added it as a second sheet to my Challenge Template in case anyone else wanted them both together. 

Edited by AmarisSkye

First, thanks for the feedback on the spreadsheet.  I'm glad people are finding it useful.

Second, I think I can claim 16/40 challenges.  It's going to be much slower going after this though.  Much slower.  :)

I'm not 100% sure of a couple of these.

On #22, when you search for Hot gibberish on this site you get a lot of trophies with the word hot contained in another word (commonly "shot").  So, is this what you're going after or does the word have to start with hot at least?  I've got a trophy, "Bank Shot" that would work if it just has to have "hot" in there somewhere.

And on #31, Yakuza Kiwami was released in NA in 2017, and that's the version I'm playing.  But, it was released in 2016 in Japan first.  So, I'm not entirely clear if it counts.

I'm claiming both, but let me know if that's not right.

2.     game starts with A

Payoff -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

3.     game starts or ends with Y

Thank You! -- Yakuza Kiwami

9.     game where the platinum trophy takes more than a day to achieve

Hand In Hand -- Yakuza Kiwami

10.   trophy that has all the letters G E M I N I in the trophy name

I Hear Them Marching in my Sleep -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

18.   trophy that has all the letters S O N I C in the trophy name

Perfectionist -- Yakuza Kiwami

22.   trophy that has the word Hot in the trophy name

Bank Shot -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

26.   trophy that has a punctuation mark in the trophy name

Legs! Legs Everywhere! -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

28.  3 trophies that all start with the same letter

Space Jockey -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

Surgical Strike -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

Sharp Shooter -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

29.  game that you started between January and April 2019

Lockout -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

31.  game released in 2017

Mister Master -- Yakuza Kiwami

32.  2 PSNP Rare trophies

Top of the Food Chain -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

Exterminator -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

33.  PSNP Very Rare or Ultra Rare trophy

Betrayal -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

35.  game that is part of a franchise that is at least 10 years old

Neat Freak -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

36.  first letter of the trophy name is the same as the first letter of your PSN username

Dizzying Heights -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

37.  game which has a multiplatform trophy list

Fear the Claw -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

38.  game where you play in outer space

They Named a Crater after Me -- Atari Flashback Classics vol.1

For #38, there's a number of games in this Atari collection that have to do with space, but here's a link to a gameplay video of one of them, Lunar Lander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McAhSoAEbhM

That's the arcade version, but Atari Flashback Classics is just emulating it, so it's exactly the same as this on PS4.

Here's my second block of trophies for this month!

10.  Get a trophy that has all the letters G E M I N I in the trophy name

• Mastering the Wings / Bird Game+

9.   Get a trophy from a game where the platinum trophy takes more than a day to achieve.

• Lucky Seven / Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (the 50th fastest time is 4 days and 4 hours)

18.  Get a trophy that has all the letters S O N I C in the trophy name

• Nostalgic / Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

31.  Get a trophy from a game released in 2017

• Champions of the Endless Ocean / Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD (Part of the 2.8 package that came out January 2019)

20.  Get a trophy that has all the letters A L A D D I N in the trophy name

•  Champions of the Digital World / Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
3 minutes ago, dmland12 said:

On #22, when you search for Hot gibberish on this site you get a lot of trophies with the word hot contained in another word (commonly "shot").  So, is this what you're going after or does the word have to start with hot at least?

The word just has to be there. It can be part of a longer word. The moderator of the thread usually puts that in the titles. ;)

11 hours ago, dmland12 said:

To use:

My mind is blown, this is amazing!

14 minutes ago, Fat Chocobo said:

@CSmit180

Quick question for #37-do you mean a game that has more than one list, like Assassin's Creed IV, or have one list across all platforms, like Dragon's Crown?

Like Dragon's Crown.

There's a graph on the stats page that shows how many games on which platform you've played. When a trophy list is shared across multiple platforms it is counted as multiplatform.

Those are the games that count

• Like 1

Time for Update #1:

Spoiler

4.     Get a trophy from a game where you can play as a female character - Blasting Off Again - Mugen Souls Z - 0:11, May 2nd

5.     Get a trophy from a game that is a sequel - Lobbyist Hobbyist - Disgaea 4 - 23:46, May 1st

18.  Get a trophy that has all the letters S O N I C in the trophy name - Identity of Complete Isolation - Steins;Gate - 12:24, May 2nd

21.  Get a trophy that has all the letters D E S E R T in the trophy name - Interpreter Rendezvous - Steins;Gate - 13:31, May 2nd

29.  Get a trophy from a game that you started between January and April 2019 - Cruel Sister - Steins;Gate - 13:08, May 2nd

37.  Get a trophy from a game which has a multiplatform trophy list - Royal Orb - Dragon's Crown, 1:14, May 1st

Progress - 6/40

Well, now it's time to study for my one final this semester. I'll be back with more once that's over.

On 01/05/2019 at 8:48 PM, dmland12 said:

To use:

Many thanks!!! 

That really helps figuring out how to do the Spelling challenges! 

Now, does someone know how to extract the full trophy list trophies names, instead of having to write them one by one on this spreadsheet? (ya, I want the laziest option to check those challenges.. Specially because I end up buying SNK Heroines now for 25€, instead of waiting for a bigger sale, simply because I couldn't find an option for POKÉMON/PIKACHU, FREEDOM and my only option for ALADDIN is a pain to get (Win a Championship with 2000's decade cars on Dirt Rally... I don't even have a 2000's car + I have yet to finish the online on this one due to skill, or laziness.. Or a combo of both). 

As for the current month, I only got 3 trophies so far ? 

3 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

You don't use the accented e, Han, because no trophies I know of use that character. The challenge uses the regular e for POKEMON.

Yes, I know (just left the auto-correct on the phone...), it doesn't make much difference in my search, but I also didn't search much.. I just happen to have seen SNK Heroines going on sale and checked it's trophy list for the event to convince myself that 25€ is ok (after getting Jump Force + MK11 + Sekiro last week for 140 total and since i was already spending close to 50€ on vita games from this sale...).. Originally I actually didn't want to pay over 15-20€ for SNK Heroines, but now's to late.. 

Name change as well / same account : AffectatiousDonk

#4    Skull Kabab MK11 Trophy     # 19,909

#6    High Speeds Bird Game +   #28,910

#10  Mastering Wings  Bird Game +    #28,920

#27  Mach 10      Bird Game +       # 29,916

#32  Have We Meet MK11 # 28,909 + Victorius MK11 #28.908

5/40.