PS4 does not have power brick

Lady Lilith

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/28/sony-confirms-playstation-4-does-not-have-a-power-brick

Shuhei Yoshida, Sony President of Worldwide Studios, has confirmed via Twitter that the PlayStation 4 will not use a power brick. Instead, the power supply will be housed internally, not unlike the Xbox One.

Additional details regarding the PlayStation 4's power supply and how the company managed to fit it within the console's relatively small casing are still unknown, but at least we have a better idea of what Sony has in store for us later this year.

• Like 1

whats with microsoft and Nintendo's huge power bricks?

why they don't go like sony with this matter? 

The power brick although very inconvenient actually helps the system keep cool, as you can probably can tell that power brick is not just big but also gets pretty warm after a while. I guess Sony is confident with their cooling for the system. 

WTF he means he's not allowed to show Us the ports in da back.?? Why da F not.??

ps4-hrdware-large10.jpg

• Like 3

The power brick although very inconvenient actually helps the system keep cool, as you can probably can tell that power brick is not just big but also gets pretty warm after a while. I guess Sony is confident with their cooling for the system. 

System better be cool. I dont want no more overheating issues. Sony should know better by now!

ps4-hrdware-large10.jpg

i thought the overheating happen with the fat 40GB model of the ps3 was happen due to the cell processor which back then it's sized 90 nm, then sony learn from their own mistake and built the slim 160GB with 45 nm which really reduced the power consuming and heat, now the new slim ps3 CPU is 40 nm RSX.

also thanks to the image you shared about the back of the ps4 :) so they got rid of the AV cable ports i see :D

Edited by yellowwindow7

i thought the overheating happen with the fat 40GB model of the ps3 was happen due to the cell processor which back then it's sized 90 nm, then sony learn from their own mistake and built the slim 160GB with 45 nm which really reduced the power consuming and heat, now the new slim ps3 CPU is 40 nm RSX.

also thanks to the image you shared about the back of the ps4 :) so they got rid of the AV cable ports i see :D

Yea the av ports are gone good thing they added the AUX port though because my monitor doesn't have any speakers and wouldn't be able to get sound x.x (to get sound on ps3 I have a hdmi to monitor and av sound cables connected to a adapter which connects to speakers/headphones) but suppose they had to do it anyways for all the gaming headsets also.

Yea the av ports are gone good thing they added the AUX port though because my monitor doesn't have any speakers and wouldn't be able to get sound x.x (to get sound on ps3 I have a hdmi to monitor and av sound cables connected to a adapter which connects to speakers/headphones) but suppose they had to do it anyways for all the gaming headsets also.

thanks! i was wondering what the AUX port is used for.

AUX port is a dedicated socket for the camera.  You won't  be able to connect it to anything else apparently. So I would start pricing new monitors if I were you...

AUX port is a dedicated socket for the camera.  You won't  be able to connect it to anything else apparently. So I would start pricing new monitors if I were you...

Does that mean the camera won't take up a USB port? That is great news if that is the case.

Parker