PS4 does not have power brick

Lady Lilith

I dont mind all those holes to keep the system cool, but one thing does come to mind, cleanliness, the ps4 might be a magnet to dirt and dirt particles, i might have to use a air can to clean it like 2 times a week, i do that for my PS3, but like once in a blue moon. Power bricks DO suck, but like the xbox 360, the shiny version, it keeps the system hella quiet and cool.

This isn't really that surprising or unexpected. The original versions of every Playstation console have never had external power bricks. It wasn't until they slimmed down that they moved the power supply outside - to free up space and help with cooling.

I actually kind of assumed this would be the case for the PS4. I'd be more surprised if it wasn't.

The thing about a power brick, is that while, yes, it helps the system stay cooler - it also creates another heat source on your floor, desk, table, wherever you keep it. It can lead to trouble if you aren't careful - trouble far worse than an overheated console.

what power brick exactly means?

Essentially - it's the console's power supply, ripped OUT of the console and encased in a plastic "brick". Like this.

• Like 1

:hmm: I hope this doesn't mean it's going to be more likely to overheat.

PS3 doesn't overheat and it didn't have a power brick.  I'm not fuss in powerbricks, they take up room but I know what they are good for, I'm sure Sony has a good cooling system in it.

The thing about a power brick, is that while, yes, it helps the system stay cooler - it also creates another heat source on your floor, desk, table, wherever you keep it. It can lead to trouble if you aren't careful - trouble far worse than an overheated console.

Yup lol Just keep it off the ground and don't have it on 24/7, I never keep stuff plugged in when not using and the power brick is definitely not something you'll want if you're used to that habit.. I know a few of my friends have had to replace their power bricks (for Xbox 360) as those always mess up if you don't plug it out after turning the system off. Edited by TakahashiDemon