Whats up with all the Blue Question marks?

Quink666

So they pop up almost all the time but i never find anything there. Only once it lead to a survivor.  It doesnt lead to collectibles or anything at all. Have done all camps in the regions i have unlocked and all exterminations aswell, so the ? isn't any of those. Have explored probably 50 or 60 ?'s by now and it always leads to the same, more of nothing.

What's the point of them?

1 hour ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Sometimes its enemy ambush and sometimes I have to save someone and send them to a camp.  You need to do that 10 times for a trophy.

Are survivors really rare? I'm still in the first 2 regions of the game but i've cleared the map in these 2 regions and have been running around alot but i've only seen 1 survivor in about 8 hours of gameplay.

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

Are survivors really rare? I'm still in the first 2 regions of the game but i've cleared the map in these 2 regions and have been running around alot but i've only seen 1 survivor in about 8 hours of gameplay.

Kinda I guess,  its seems random I am about 15 hours in and have about 4.  But I have started going to questions marks just in the last couple hours and I found a couple.  Shouldn't take too long honestly if I went to every question mark.

I'm at the end of the first Cascades area. I've rescued around 7 survivors in different encounters and 6 of them have been the same guy in the beanie with the same dialogue. Really poor immersion. At least make these special NPCs different.

Some aspects of this game are really poorly done.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SliK6SiK said:

I'm at the end of the first Cascades area. I've rescued around 7 survivors in different encounters and 6 of them have been the same guy in the beanie with the same dialogue. Really poor immersion. At least make these special NPCs different.

TBH, even RDR2 had this issue... You dont want to know how many times I saw the same guy getting kicked to death by his horse xD.

Edited by Bunkerbudy
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bunkerbudy said:

TBH, even RDR2 had this issue... You dont want to know how many times I saw the same guy getting kicked to death by his horse xD.

I got the Platinum for RDR2, and it was never to this degree. I only saw the same random encounter NPC twice, only because I didn't engage the interaction the first time. 

In Days Gone, these interactions are in a row, and these NPCs are being rescued from different areas, and you're sending them to the same first camp over and over again. It should be like a gathering of clones at that place by now but it isn't. 

I'm not expecting the same as RDR2 either because Rockstar's budget, resources and dev team size was huge in comparison and that's just one thing out of many, which I won't go into now.

Some things this game does better, like the multi-tiered weapon and crafting wheel, no picking up each individual item if they're close together, the map, the ease of accessing submenu with 4 directional swipe, no menu clunkiness and HDR.

One thing for sure though: this game would've been much more amazing if it had released in  Sept. (original release date before 2 delays) before RDR2.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SliK6SiK said:

Sounds like it's just a game to me.  So the radiant quest system reuses generic characters and repeat events. Seems no poorer than any game with that feature.  

It is weird that what normally would be seen as a suspension of disbelief for the mechanic across the board is unevenly used as a critique against certain games.