what would make you stop trophy hunting completely?

RJP_X

i think about this question from time to time, not sure if others do as well.

i do think that maybe a job, schooling, or an active social life would definitely be a major turning point on whether i continue to actively trophy hunt or not, because even without those things sometimes games can take me a great deal of time to reach the platinum for. so i believe that if i had something going that made some extra money i think that would be more game spending.

hell, might even give the Switch a try, reason i avoid nintendo systems is because a lot of their 1st party titles remain at full price for an eternity lol. not sure if that trend continued with the Switch.

although trophy hunting has done a really nice job of being in my thoughts for 7 years now, not even sure how or if it would end. i do have Asperger's so its easy to get obsessed over hobbies and distance myself further from social interaction, where i get drained, burnt out, and anxious from in seconds.

so i would like to hear others opinions to this question.

• Like 1

Some people around here getting their wish that Platinums can only be achieved through extremely difficult means just so they can feel like "they really earned it". 

Honestly, probably having a kid would do it. I know people out there have families and still manage to pull off trophy hunting...but if I had to be at a point where I really had to slow down for a child, then I could see myself just ditching it completely. 

That aside, even if I never have a kid there's a very real possibility that my entire gaming life will be coming to an end after next gen. If all these rumors are true of consoles becoming obsolete...then I don't think I'll ever jump to whatever new trend comes next. And I've never been into PC gaming so that's not an option either. 

• Like 4

What will get me to stop trophy hunting?  My own self doing i suppose, my spouse might have an influence on me to stop aswell.  Idk, as i get older i find myself more disinterested with trophies.  Over the years I've accumulated hundreds of games that have all piled up into one massive backlog.  Ive stopped playing my ps3 well over a year ago, i barely touch my vita anymore and i find myself playing games ive already finished (trophy wise) just because i like the multiplayer aspect of certain games, playing with friends in call of duty is more enjoyable than popping trophies by myself.  What I’ll end up doing is picking and choosing what i want to play, from what i currently already own and the rest, well, ill just never get around to, youre welcome developers.  I bought your game and never played it!  Theres a lot to choose from but  im going to spend it wisely playing masterpieces from here on out until i decide to call it quits altogether.  I wanna go back to having fun just playing my games, trophies just feel like a chore nowadays.  It was fun but its been loosing its luster/appeal to me as of lately.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Viper said:

Some people around here getting their wish that Platinums can only be achieved through extremely difficult means just so they can feel like "they really earned it". 

Honestly, probably having a kid would do it. I know people out there have families and still manage to pull off trophy hunting...but if I had to be at a point where I really had to slow down for a child, then I could see myself just ditching it completely. 

That aside, even if I never have a kid there's a very real possibility that my entire gaming life will be coming to an end after next gen. If all these rumors are true of consoles becoming obsolete...then I don't think I'll ever jump to whatever new trend comes next. And I've never been into PC gaming so that's not an option either. 

yeah that's another good point, having kids. personally i don't think i would ever be interested in having any, i'm 26 and have lived with my 9 and 12 year old siblings for as long as they've been alive and its not something i have any interest of having of my own in the future. i highly value personal time too much to do that.

that's a question i actually have is that i know some trophy hunters have a lot of things going on in their live and yet manage to continue trophy hunting in general, even long time spent games too on a regular basis. maybe what's on certain trophy hunter's plates are different. maybe some only have just a job to concern themselves with and avoid a socially active life or relationships.

• Like 1

Lots of things could stop me. I'm assuming the OP knows that death, sickness, and lack of hands will stop you, but the few things that aren't health-related that COULD stop me would be...

1. Nintendo creates their own achievement system

2. I find a woman and have like 6 kids

3. I begin traveling a lot for work.

4. PSN crashes

5. I finish my entire backlog (probably the least likely of the above)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Viper said:

This, exactly this. Someone once told me that i'm not a true gamer, becausa i only play on PS4 and nothing more, but i don't know, it's just what i like. If the consoles became obsoletes, and considering i'm 27 years old and have another responsabilities like everyone else, i guess that would be all. 

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Ya this is the only reason I can see myself quitting as well,  I would probs slow down on gaming and the time I would get to play probably wouldn't be spent hunting trophies but just trying to finish some games.

Well on my completion account I don't play games that have online trophies, so games like Red Dead, FIFA etc, I buy much cheaper and play on a none completion account, 

So if games all became online required (even sp trophies) then I'd just jack it in. 

Trophies are an important part of gaming for me. I'm an older gamer so having targets to achieve is more fun that say messing around like I could on a game when I was a kid. 

if trophy hunting starts to feel fun, i'd quit, for that is a sure sign that i've gone mad

serious answer:

probably if they remove the sync feature from ps3 and i get cucked out of hundreds of ps3 games i've not platted

• Like 3