what would make you stop trophy hunting completely?

RJP_X

When I get tired and bored of it. That's what would make me stop.

Another thing that would make me stop is if Sony allowed people to delete their games that have trophies in them. Completely destroys the purpose of getting 100 percent in games and having a 100 percent completion account would serve no point.

• Like 1

I dont think I ever would unless Sony decided to remove them. I think trophies add a lot more play time to a game (some a lot more than others) instead of just one playthrough and on to the next game. I think its good to play games and then have something to show for it especially when its a game that has pushed you to breaking point and you can look back and think "f**k that game, I will never play it again" ?

• Like 3

If the system ever became something akin to Steam's. Steam's client is too susceptible to false acquisitions through the SAM client, Cheat Engine, and other memory injection tools.

That said, Sony's system isn't perfect, and the PS3 I believe, can be manipulated to award unearned accolades as proven by our appeals section. But, I do believe that Sony does have a better system than both Microsoft and Steam.

What would be nice though is if Sony's store got a nicer looking store :hmm:

• Like 1

Well, I'm 31, have a full job as a designer, married and have a 3 years old and I still find the time to devote 3-4 hours a day on average for gaming (it cost me sleep time but who needs sleep anyway???)

Been playing since I got my PS1 at 97' and the only thing that ever slowed this habit was my army service. So, I don't think that there is something that will make me stop completely, maybe just slow me down.

Unless of course Sony or I suddenly die.

• Like 3

I'd not stop going for trophies so long as I have a Sony system so the only things that could get me to stop were if Sony ended the program, or if I decided to go back to MS or Ninty. Given the types of games I like to play this would likely only occur if Sony continued to be the only manufacturer to insist on their puritanical and insulting censorship policy; I love trophy hunting, but not enough yo put up with the most inferior version of multiplat games. 

Edited by thefourfoldroot

I don't really have time to game now but in a way i'd still classify myself as (a really bad) trophy hunter. I only get a few hours a week at the best of times to get on the PlayStation. That's why some of my plats have taken me 3+ years as i've been chipping away at them.

What would make me stop? Probably if and when I stop gaming in general. I don't compete on the leaderboards, only for the satisfaction of getting the plat/100%. Unless trophies become easily hackable and the store gets flooded with easy achievement games (i'm looking at you, Steam) then I don't see a reason to.

When the standard of gaming (after the 9th Generation) is streaming, subscription based and when all physical media becomes extinct. I have other concerns but this is what worried me the most, especually as an Australian having to put up with the NBN in the inevitable future.

I have paused trophy hunting many times. It's never a conscious decision, it just happens. I'm on pause right now. Usually the causes are either lack of time or being more into something else. Right now I'm hooked in Tokyo Jungle trying to survive up to 100 years with every animal whilst avoiding costumes and stat boosts. I don't have to discipline myself not to trophy hunt, it happens naturally. 

• Like 1

If my account got hacked and I couldn't regain control of it again. There is no way I could do some of the plats i have all over again. That would be my line in the sand. I'd consider going PC if that ever happens. 

1 hour ago, visighost said:

Whatever you do, though, prioritize your kids. Trophies are fun, but that’s all they should be.

Amen to that. As a father of 3 that started when my youngest was 7, I get this totally. 

Edited by freaky_45

If my account get hacked

PSN crashes and disappears

They start introducing paid DLC trophies to platinum a game

Sickness or injury that makes me unable to use my hands.

I don't know if I would stop if I were to get married or anything, I think i would continue but at a slower pace. I'm 26 and single anyway, so nowhere near that happening