Recommended JRPGS? (PS4)

No longer here

Persona 5, Ni no Kuni II, and Trails of Cold Steel. Trails of Cold Steel's sequels are also getting remastered so if you like the first one then you don't have to wait too long for the sequels.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

Play Dragon Quest XI. One of the best JRPGs on the ps4 imo. 

I actually played that lol I loved it 

3 hours ago, BB-BakkerJ said:

I see you haven’t played a Tales of game yet. I highly recommend these games. Tales of Berseria and Tales of Vesperia are really good.

Yeah I heard those games are very good

3 hours ago, victorrfuego said:

I actually played that lol I loved it 

Oops, must've missed it when i skimmed through your profile. But yeah there have been some good suggestions in this thread. Some other suggestions, any Final Fantasy game. XV is the newest one (All the DLC is released now as well) but there are also a bunch of remasters on PS4. (FFXII, FFVII, FFX) 

Also shout out to the digimonstory games. Great turn based JRPGs. I'd even recommend if you've never been into Digimon, they're just really solid games.

• Like 1

I have a few recommendations!

For action style JRPG, I really recommend the Kingdom Hearts games (there's quite a few- 1.5+2.5, 2.8 and 3 on ps4). Amazing story and gameplay, it's a mix of Disney, FF and KH original characters.

Also, Tales of Vesperia and Berseria, Nier Automata, FF Type 0 and Ys VIII are other great action JRPGs.

For turn based, FFX/X-2 HD is my top recommendation. Persona 5, World of Final Fantasy, FF9, FF12 the zodiac age, Atelier games (Atelier Sophie is an easy one to start out on, but there's quite a few on ps4 now) and Disgaea 5 are also great JRPGs to consider. 

I think Final Fantasy XV would be a good game to start with. It's an amazing game with amazing open world and great plot and characters. 

It's not the easiest game out there but if you're up for a little challenge then it can't be too bad!