trophy issues

I'm having some trouble getting the trophies for this game. every time i die or try to go past about 7 opponents, the game over screen appears and won't let me register my score for some reason. it also happened on high score mode. i finished it once and the same problem happened. Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix it?

To avoid getting a game over screen, you need to do defeat de final secret boss. To do so, you must to finish each boss with a fatality (also called by Zetsumei Ougi). To do a fatality you need to win a round first and in the next round, once the enemy's life changes to blue, you press ABC (the background screen changes to a dark color) and the you do a Quarter Circle Back + CD.

* The command is the same for all characters.
*The bosses who need to receive a fatality are: Amakusa, Zankuro and Gaoh.
*Mizuki is the final boss, win her in any way you want, and you will be able to post your score.
* I changed my configuration, so I don't know what’s is the default configuration for the neogeo buttons (ABCD), so you must to check your button configuration to see the buttons involved.
* You have only a chance to do a fatality, if the fatality misses for some reason you won't be able to use it again in the fight. If this happens, you may use a save state or just lose the fight and use a continue to try again in original mode. In hi-score mode you have to restart from the beginning.

I have a video showing how I did hi-score mode. I hope it may help.

Edited by taciovinicius

• 10 months later...
13 hours ago, Thropy_Croissant said:

This game is fucking unfair. I've been trying to do the HS mode for like 6h. The few times I actually get to Gaoh, he blocks the fatality ALL THE TIME.

Gaoh is the only who blocks it, you have to do a different tactic against him.
Jump him without hitting any button, he will do the spinning lance attack too late. You will be able to reach the floor and block it. After blocking the attack, that is your chance to do the fatality. It happens in the video above at: 15:17.

I've been trying for a day. He does it while I'm in the air and I can't block it and I end up getting shredded. I got stuck on this fight at least 20 times now... ?

After fighting a few HUNDREDS of fights and a few dozen blocks from Gaoh, I ended up doing it basically by accident with 1% health remaining and then double flawlessed the final boss..............I suggest to jump left and right over the boss and wait for an opportunity and go for the fatality. Blocking that tornado attack was insanely difficult and the window is way too tight to pull it off. Good luck, that game is pure bullshit.

Edited by Thropy_Croissant
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...