Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

Well, this ban doesn't actually last 24 hours, I was banned about a week ago and still I haven't been unbaned :(

Hmm, I thought the first ban was for 24 hours from previous times people talked about it. Maybe 24 hours is for premium users? Well, I don't know the real specifics or exact numbers for it all - maybe Sly will come in at some point and give us the intel :P

• 4 months later...

Yeah, this, I check the list to make sure none need to be perma blocked.

Hi, I've been IP banned for at least 2 days. I had no idea that I could get banned for updating my profile, now that I've learned my lesson, I'm not doing it more than a few times per day. So...I ask sincerely, if you could remove this ban :) I would really appreciate this. 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello!

Have been tryin to update my profile for 2 -3 weeks now but im getting "Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests".

How did i get that, and how long do i have to wait for my ip to get unblocked?

Not sure if thatll help. But what are you trying to update? there is nothing on your profile, ffdccaqq. But I think if you try to update other accounts with your ip, thats probably why?

• 8 months later...

not sure who i should check in with about this, and how long this stays in effect. haven't been able to update my PSN profile in a couple of days. i wasn't aware such a thing existed because usually it just says,'wait x amount of time.' never knew you could actually get a temporary IP ban.

i like checking the trophies i've obtained on here rather than on PSN itself, to keep track of what trophies i need in the game i'm playing at the time, since on here it shows the full list of trophies and what they are when on PSN there are hidden trophies in games, also updating on here really helps keep track of which ones you need when you're following a trophy guide. 

thank you for your time for whomever is able to help. 

• Like 4

This happens to me during the weekend also. I only update my profile once that day and 5 hours later I got banned. This is actually the second time I got banned without even updating frequently in short amount time. The system definitely has some issues. while waiting to be unbanned, you can use your phone to update profile.

6 minutes ago, GTA_Darren said:

This happens to me during the weekend also. I only update my profile once that day and 5 hours later I got banned. This is actually the second time I got banned without even updating frequently in short amount time. The system definitely has some issues. while waiting to be unbanned, you can use your phone to update profile.

unfortunately i don't have a cell phone(surprise!), but i didn't think about trying to update on my tablet. i've been updating on this site for a few years now, my update frequency depends on the games length that i'm playing, if i'm playing a 100+ hour game there may be days i'm not even getting a single trophy, then on a shorter game i may be getting a hefty batch of them in a quicker time lol.

i know there's been oddities with the update thing here and there. like a recaptcha thing appears and goes from time to time to prove you're human by clicking vehicles and mail boxes lol.