Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

I've just discoved I was blocked right now, my last update was just under 14 hours ago and all I wanted to doo was update tosee the trophies that I myself have earnt. I rarely update any profile except my own and even when doing that I try my best to never request an update earlier than my limit, ofter deliberately waiting longer.

ps. if anyone sees this push an update through on my profile please :)

On 24/12/2021 at 1:19 AM, ACowboy848 said:

Just use an other PC or your phone internet to update your profile.

Delete your browsing history on your PC as well that work for me.

I have delete all my browsing history and nothing change for me Im still blocked 

Edited by Nerkey

I got this error for the first time and I don't even know why. I updated my profile over 5 hours ago the last time and tried to update it right now and got this message. Can someone tell me how to fix this or what I have to do, that I won't get it again? Thanks for the help. 

Sly has to manually clear the cache of IPs who get added to this list.  There are a lot of people i know with this issue. 

@Sly Ripper you should remove this feature now imo, or vastly increase the updates it takes to get yourself on this list, or, pass off the responsibility of manually emptying the list.  This is only becoming a larger issue as the years pass.

Edited by BeautifulTorment

12 hours ago, NERVergoproxy said:

I got the IP ban notice earlier today when I was updating a friends profile, I was surprised since it was the only update I did in 20hrs. I was like wtf, so I tried to update my own profile right away, and it worked! :D

After i heard about these temp ip bans I've basically stopped updating random profiles so i just go to the leaderboard and type in their name as i don't think it's classed as updating a profile, It's a good work around

• 2 months later...
On 3/24/2022 at 2:19 PM, Varhur said:

I got my IP banned after a week of not even touching the site, what is this, can't even update my own profile and have to resolve to bugging other people to update myself instead of me :(

Same thing is happening for me right now too, maybe it's site wide?

On 25/08/2014 at 8:16 PM, BlindMango said:

I think it's just 24 hours - The update box on the homepage should only be used for updating a profile, if you want to just view a profile, just go to psnprofiles.com/username or look their name up from the leaderboards page.

IP's are blocked because sometimes we have bots that hit the site and bog the servers down, that's pretty much why the creator of the site made this a thing.

I've had this IP block happening to me on and off for the last like 3 weeks, I usually will just update my profile or a friends profile once and then get blocked

I've this issue now since yesterday morning. I can update if I use my phone's mobile data, and seem to get the daily update, but can't manually update when on my wifi in any shape or form. Bit frustrating, I've only ever updated my own profile and within the limits the site allows (sure otherwise it says 'please try again in [x] minutes').

Not going through 10 pages to see fully, but I understand Sly needs to manually clear the IPs. Is there any explanation within this thread for why this happens? Especially seeing as how there are IPs being temporarily blocked who state they have barely updated before it happening. Is it a site issue?