Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

Apparently using my phone data is an effective work around to update profiles without ever being blocked. Over the past few months I’ve added to or updated many hundreds of profiles on this website without any issues beyond my home Wi-Fi no issues (except for the occasional checkbox confirming that I’m not a robot).

I’ve said this before, I’ll say it again: I would not be wasting my time if only updating random profiles if non-members accounts on this website properly updated themselves instead of heading into eternal limbo as told by the “Updated x years ago, next update soon.” below profile/trophy milestones. Why don’t these profiles update automatically, ahem Sly?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, El Duderino said:

Because automated updates for unregistered, non-premium users have been disabled in early 2017.

I've been actively visiting and/or posting on this website for six years (three years with this account) so I'm well aware he disabled these updates some years ago but I've never quite got the reason why.

2 hours ago, El Duderino said:

To reduce server strain.

I mean, Sly could just make improvements on his own website until this becomes a non-issue but apparently that's asking too much.

13 hours ago, HusKy said:

PSNP is tracking 5.5M profiles. How is this a "drop in the bucket"?

And I bet not every of those 5.5M wants to be tracked or even know they are being tracked(yet we have people keep updating others account here) anyways.

Didn't PSNP when started auto queued everyone from PSN when trophies went live? I remember hearing that a long time ago. So in other words it didn't have the consent of everyone, so I think that Sly removing auto update is right, and kinda justifiable since privacy issues, not all those want to be here or even know they are here.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, El Duderino said:

snip

You described a very naive approach. No where in your post did you take into consideration limits of Sony's private API that is being used.

• Once per month (active players (earned at least one trophy withing the past four weeks))
  • Once every six months (earned at least one trophy within the past six months)

I hope you see the logical problem in this.

Edited by HusKy
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, HusKy said:

You described a very naive approach. No where in your post did you take into consideration limits of Sony's private API that is being used.

I hope you see the logical problem in this.

1.) I did. What do you think what the maintenance mode is for? PSNP would remain in that mode until all 5,5 million profiles had been updated. If it takes a day or a week doesn't really matter. The only important goal is to update everyone so we can start cleaning house. We need requirements to be added to the site and remove everyone who doesn't fulfill them. Less players = less server strain. Less dummy accounts = proper stats that actually reflect trophy hunters/hunting.

At least I made some suggestions instead of constantly moaning and complaining about the situation. Nobody aside from Sony knows Sony's API limits. But I just expect a billion dollar coproration with a network of tens of millions active daily users to be able to handle this bit of traffic. PSNP has been around for over a decade by know and Sony know very well about this website. Plus, sites like PSNTL, Exophase or TrueTrophies have regular automated updates. 

2.) No logical problem here. Group 1: A trophy within the last seven days. Group 2: A trophy within the last 31 days but not within the last seven days. It ain't exactly rocket science. ?

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, LadyGallethX3 said:

Didn't PSNP when started auto queued everyone from PSN when trophies went live?

You were able to log into your PSN account and load your friends list. Those users then were automatically added to PSNP. That was basically the main reason why the number of players got so bloated early on. The feature was removed sometime in 2012.

If privacy if a concern, make your profile private. Trophy data is not your own. Nothing about your PSN account is your own.

Edited by El Duderino
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Randomly started getting this error yesterday, when I went to update/check a profile. I haven't updated anyone other than myself in... months, at least. Potentially years. Don't know what might have caused it, or if there's anything I need to do to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...

Someday we will get a post "Update MY profile" so someone that doesn't have their IP blocked can update others profile for them...

Is there any limited number of updates to know before this "block" system triggers? Sometimes I go through some leaderboards of the game and update multiple accounts to see their progress, but since the first "block" I ended up being more careful about this. Not that it affects me too much, my profile updates every 6 hours, but it's also an unnecessary worry to update 10 or 20 random profiles each day and get banned.

And yeah, I have that random guilty pleasure of finding other profiles and add them to the website to increase the number of players for that game (specially if it's under 1000), but I never understood why this could cause someone's IP being at risk. Most of these are players that don't update their PSNP profile in years, but still active players, it's not that I'm adding new players to the database all the time...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...