Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

On 25-8-2014 at 11:49 PM, Memnoch said:

or go premium for pretty much next to nothing and enjoy as many updates as you like

*just saying*

I am premium for a long time and even get a block some times as I use this site on a frequent basis (daily, multiple times).

I have written a couple of times e-mails but no response :-( 

On 19-9-2022 at 3:40 PM, JAK-KRIEG said:

The vpn I installed is surprisingly not hiding my ip. I just have to spend a little time to browse and find one.

When I get blocked I switch my settings and so my IP. That's the only solution for me that works. I also check hundreds of ID's as to we have our own leaderboards on different FB subgroups.

As an admin I need to update on an hourly basis. I also have setup a couple of interfaces, but Sony doesn't let us activate our interfaces... which is very sad :(

• Like 2

On 4-4-2022 at 2:12 AM, ZealousZealot said:

Is premium a paid service (product) or more of a one-time donation/contribution to psnp? $13 for a lifetime service doesn't sound like a fair exchange for the upkeep of this site, especially as it continues to grow larger with each game, with each generation. If there was a subscription fee for premium then I'd be more concerned that standards weren't being met. Personally I feel like it's a miracle that the systems continue to operate at all for a lot of people. Although I also believe that there is room for many improvements/fixes but probably only if they implemented an annual subscription fee and then started hiring. I'd be interested in knowing if $13 per premium member is truly enough to meet their expectations, or is $13 actually too much? Can anyone with insight in running these kind of websites shine a bit of light for us?

What if a platinum membership will be introduced? For a couple of bucks a year extra. Do you think they can then offer you more? - stability - no IP ban - faster and smarter updating of the leaderboards (per country and overall globally) - 24/7 service per chat or e-mail - better understanding with regards to the explanations why trophies glitch (due to unstable system setup) to prevent having members their game(s) hidden (!) - any more thoughts?

On 18-12-2021 at 11:29 PM, Belmont_85_ said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I been blocked for 3 days now too, wonder when its fixed. 

So please share with us how long you weren’t able to update… are you a regular or a premium member?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm a moderator on a french trophy hunting discord "Drop ton Platine". We have a points system according to the platinums obtained by our members, we rely on Psn Profiles to consult the profiles of our members and update their points.

So I had to make several update requests for a few days, I apologize in advance.

From now on when I try to update a profile I get the following message:
Error

Can you please unblock the situation? 
I still have some profiles to count.

Best regards,

Dodo68FR

• Like 1

Please tell me when my account was unlock ..

I need to update my account , i paid Premium for that .. 

The previous demand : 

Hello,

I'm a moderator on a french trophy hunting discord "Drop ton Platine". We have a points system according to the platinums obtained by our members, we rely on Psn Profiles to consult the profiles of our members and update their points.

So I had to make several update requests for a few days, I apologize in advance.

From now on when I try to update a profile I get the following message:
Error

Can you please unblock the situation? 
I still have some profiles to count.

Best regards,

Dodo68FR

How does this IP block happen? I see a lot of people getting blocked without knowing what is going on. So people are updating their profile too often and that's what cause the block? If yes why is this even a premium function to update your profile as often as you want if it gets you blocked? I am confused ?

Edited by Afura_33

28 minutes ago, Afura_33 said:

How does this IP block happen? I see a lot of people getting blocked without knowing what is going on. So people are updating their profile too often and that's what cause the block? If yes why is this even a premium function to update your profile as often as you want if it gets you blocked? I am confused 1f914.png

You get blocked if you update other people’s profiles too often.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2023 at 10:18 AM, Afura_33 said:

I see, same thing also happens when I update my own profile too often? 

I can count it on one hand how many times I've updated someone else's profile. I mainly update my own and max a 2-3 times a day. I still got hit with the block some months ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

I can count it on one hand how many times I've updated someone else's profile. I mainly update my own and max a 2-3 times a day. I still got hit with the block some months ago.

Hmm this is weird, sometimes I update my own profile as well several times a day but never got an IP ban for it ?

Edited by Afura_33

4 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Ah so this doesn't happen if you're on Premium? I never knew that. 

It won't happen if you only update your own PSN profile. However, if you update other profiles too many times, you will get an IP ban.

I got IP ban too many times before, but I was able to update my own PSN profile.

On 3/28/2023 at 1:00 AM, zizimonster said:

It won't happen if you only update your own PSN profile. However, if you update other profiles too many times, you will get an IP ban.

This is just not correct. It's happened to me without updating other people's profiles. Like I said in my post above I can count it in one hand how many times I've updated someone else's and this is since I joined in 2011. I update my own and max 2-3 per day and it still happened.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAK-KRIEG said:

This is just not correct. It's happened to me without updating other people's profiles. Like I said in my post above I can count it in one hand how many times I've updated someone else's and this is since I joined in 2011. I update my own and max 2-3 per day and it still happened.

I was talking about the benefit of premium membership regarding updating one's own profile.

I was referring to @Afura_33 and @GUDGER666 -- both are premium members here.

I was still able to update my own profile even when I got an IP ban. Nonetheless, I was not able to update other profiles. I've said this before.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

I was talking about the benefit of premium membership regarding updating one's own profile.

I was referring to @Afura_33 and @GUDGER666 -- both are premium members here.

I was still able to update my own profile even when I got an IP ban. Nonetheless, I was not able to update other profiles. I've said this before.

Ok I see, thanks for the explanation.

• Like 1

So apparently I got banned for making many updates even though I didn't. My last update was on March 30th, and when I tried to update on March 31st the error occurred. 

I can't update my own profile since that date.

I don't even update other members profiles because I have no reason to do it (I play mostly solo games).

The only explanation that comes to mind is that my nephew plays a lot of MP games and he sometimes checks other people profiles and we both share the same router.

He has a premium account, btw, so he can still update his own profile.

How's that for unfair?

Edit: I forgot to mention that we play on different consoles and update profiles on different computers, but like I said before, we share the same router.

Edited by OrigMikeConnoPS