Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

AFAIK you can get suspended from using the update feature if you use it too many times, too often, in a small period of time. I don't know if it's an IP or MAC ban, but either can be worked around easily by either changing your connection address/using a VPN or using a different system (maybe your console?). It usually goes away on the weekly check, It does not matter if you are premium or not, because you don't need to be logged in to perform an update.

41 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Just contact Sly is chat about it.

what's his username? i know he owns the site but is it just Sly? because before making this topic i went to messages and was going to send him a direct message, but i just seen a bunch of different Sly usernames, mostly without avatar's. the very few rare times i've seen him post i think he had some kind of Killzone avatar. not certain of what his full user is since i've rarely seen him post like i have seen you and others.

thank you to you and everyone.

1 minute ago, RJP_X said:

what's his username? i know he owns the site but is it just Sly? because before making this topic i went to messages and was going to send him a direct message, but i just seen a bunch of different Sly usernames, mostly without avatar's. the very few rare times i've seen him post i think he had some kind of Killzone avatar. not certain of what his full user is since i've rarely seen him post like i have seen you and others.

thank you to you and everyone.

Yes, as I said, just go to chat and talk to "Sly Ripper"...

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, K_Groove_NL said:

I'm kind of experiencing the same problem. As said by MMDE, I pmed Sly about it, hoping it will get sorted out soon 1f616.png

still the same here. i figure he must be busy, since i made this topic probably a number of people sent in the complaint. 

53 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

anyone else get any change for this issue? i still haven't, i don't want to be buggy and mention it a second time to Sly. 

Mine still blocked and this time is longer than before. I sent a private message to sly in chat couple hours ago, and as expected there is no response.

1 hour ago, ERGOPROXY-DECAY said:

It may take up to 3 business days....all im saying is expect some wait time even if you talked to the man himself. Geez.

sorry its been a couple of days wasn't sure how long it would take or if there was a possibility of an error where you would have to make mention again because he said he would reset it later the day i wrote him. like i said not trying to be buggy, and only wrote him once. at the same time i'm not sure if he made an attempt to fix it but it didn't work out right so would have to mention it again or not.

i even said in a former post to someone that it might take some time as hes likely a very busy person.

Edited by RJP_X

38 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

sorry its been a couple of days wasn't sure how long it would take or if there was a possibility of an error where you would have to make mention again because he said he would reset it later the day i wrote him. like i said not trying to be buggy, and only wrote him once. at the same time i'm not sure if he made an attempt to fix it but it didn't work out right so would have to mention it again or not.

i even said in a former post to someone that it might take some time as hes likely a very busy person.

Yeah i'd wait a little bit. Srry to sound rude. Just being realistic how he may have a backlog of things to do till it gets to our banned issues yah know. I mean technically its not even 2 days yet. Hopefully these issues get resolved for you guys.

On 2/8/2019 at 4:45 PM, Exairesi said:

@Sly Ripper this issue has been happening to me for about 2 weeks now, I only update my profile and can update my own profile when I'm singed in and do it via my username options

how do you update like this exactly? i tried updating on my tablet but i guess that don't work either because my IP's are linked between both computer and tablet i guess. on PS4 i tried updating but it was just stuck in an infinite loop of validating. 

32 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

how do you update like this exactly? i tried updating on my tablet but i guess that don't work either because my IP's are linked between both computer and tablet i guess. on PS4 i tried updating but it was just stuck in an infinite loop of validating. 

U should install ps trophies for Android  u can all your trophies with it.  

51 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

If your devices connect to the same router or modem, that will not work. That's why I mention above using phone with cellular data to update. Not sure who is your ISP, if you are using Xfinity, maybe you can try to use their hotspot.

• 2 months later...

You might be a premium member but your IP address can still be blocked from updating too many profiles in a short amount of time. Being a premium member means you can up date your profile every 60 seconds but it doesn’t allow you to update more profiles quickly compared to a non premium member.

1 hour ago, WARLOCK1972 said:

I am premium user. Why is my IP getting blocked 

You must be updating other people's profiles. Premium allows you to update your own profile every minute and you still can even though you are blocked. If you update too many that aren't yours you'll get IP banned

It was put in a little while ago as the site was being spammed by bots, same reason why you sometimes have to prove you aren't a robot when you sign in. It usually gets fixed without you having to do anything but it is slow at the moment as the site owner is working at smoothing out the kinks created by the ID change. Which incidentally is why auto updating is off and why more people are being IP banned

Edited by Cleggworth
  • Like 3