Your IP has been blocked temporarily due to too many update requests

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

And my IP is blocked again :P Can't wait to regain it in 6 months

Reset your router, is likely to give you a new IP. Although I would consider why your IP are getting banned that much.

Edited by JoniP
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

IP is static, you have to get a new one from your provider

Try unplugging your router overnight. You should normally end up with a new IP, unless of course you're paying your ISP extra for a static one or they are nice.

It became a lot less noticeable now that modems themselves are always connected even if nothing attached to it is on unlike the old days.

Edited by JoniP
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, JoniP said:

Reset your router, is likely to give you a new IP. Although I would consider why your IP are getting banned that much.

This is a well-known issue on their side that they have ignored and refused to fix for a long time now. I had to put up with it a couple of months back. Thankfully mine is fine again now but I still see people being hit with it a lot. When I got hit with it, I hadn't even been doing much updating so it definitely isn't down to the user. Even if that router reset does work, people shouldn't have to do that just because Sly can't fix issues with his site.

• Like 2

Just a thought... do any of you using ad blockers and perhaps block Google? I notice every once and awhile that I need to verify that I am not a robot.

My thoughts are that if you are using a blocker (and the site has a anti-bot defense) that you are somehow bypassing that verification and causing yourself to jump on the IP blacklist.

29 minutes ago, Coexistant said:

Just a thought... do any of you using ad blockers and perhaps block Google? I notice every once and awhile that I need to verify that I am not a robot.

My thoughts are that if you are using a blocker (and the site has a anti-bot defense) that you are somehow bypassing that verification and causing yourself to jump on the IP blacklist.

Nah, it usually happens if you update enough other people's profile within a given time. You can still update your own.

5 hours ago, MMDE said:

I think he's on vacation or something.

This has been an issue for a long time now. And I don't even do update requests that often. There doesn't seem to be any clear criteria as to what gets you thrown onto this pain-in-the-ass blacklist.

56 minutes ago, ImMagnetz said:

This has been an issue for a long time now. And I don't even do update requests that often. There doesn't seem to be any clear criteria as to what gets you thrown onto this pain-in-the-ass blacklist.

I've been blacklisted too. :'D

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

I've been blacklisted too. :'D

I feel your pain. No-one is immune, it seems. Surely this wouldn't be too difficult to remedy. Unfortunately it seems like, vacation or not, this Sly Ripper dude is a total pain in the sack to get a hold of.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, MynraVJ said:

Omfg, third ban and the only thing I do is update my own profile

If you have premium, it wouldn't block you from updating your own when this happens.

(speaking from experience) :P

Edited by MMDE

On 22/04/2021 at 1:50 PM, HYPERS said:

isn't he always on vacation? lol

I'd like to know what this dude does for work so I can get into that line of work too. Dude's never not on vacation, it seems.

On 22/04/2021 at 2:36 PM, BeautifulTorment said:

This has existed since the site's inception.

Yeah, absolutely ridiculous. Mine has fixed itself again for now but I know from experience that it's only a matter of time before it goes to shit again, and I'd be willing to bet Sly Ripper won't do shit about it then either.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, i have also a problem. I was checking my trophies and saw that one of my games do not update. also at the box with the rarest trophies it said that in 5 hours the profile will updated every day. Now it says 1 week 3 days ago and after says updating soon. before 3 weeks every day same time make update and saw my progress. Somewhere else said if i use my profile it will be updated every week but already passed without updating, if i register every day and if i go premium i think constantly. ok now how do i register and where to make my profile update every day. and last i only push the choice update profile only once and told me about the ban. If someone can help me i would appreciate it . Thanks in advance have a nice day !!!