CO-OP Connection Errors

Is anybody else having issues inviting/joining a friends game for CO-OP? No matter how many times we try we get an error stating that you could not join the host. 

The weird thing is that if we meetup in one house, it will work instantly when we are on the same network. Just not over the internet. 

The servers for this game have been garbage since launch so it wouldn't surprise me if they have gone completely kaput. This problem isn't unheard of, because Drawn to Death and another game I can't remember, had the same issue (at least at one point they did) so all you could do was play in LAN mode. Red Alert 3 is one of those games that can be very funny about friends lists with more than 75-100 people on it so try culling some people from the list and try again but if that doesn't work, then you're stuffed. EA dropped this game like a hot brick so don't expect them to even remotely care about the connection issues :(.

Yeah that happen to me and a friend. we were just going to play it for fun but we couldn't so we just kind of left it to the side. all EA servers are crap unless it is something like. medal of honor or battlefield even then it is a question of if it will work mostly in terms of what can happen to mess up something your doing.

I actually found a solution for myself. Since it is only one friend I'm playing with, I managed to route internet through my laptop to my PS3 and VPN to his home network. It now connects us and plays just fine. 

Still I imagine the RA3 servers are just sat in a dusty corner not having been looked at for a decade. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Cpt_v0kA said:

Damn it! 

I hope I'm not too late for that one too 

The servers have always been terrible for this game but the problem has only gotten worse as the years have gone by so your only real option is to buy yourself another PS3 and boost the trophies in LAN mode.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

• 4 weeks later...
On 30.4.2019 at 10:07 AM, BiosNova said:

I actually found a solution for myself. Since it is only one friend I'm playing with, I managed to route internet through my laptop to my PS3 and VPN to his home network. It now connects us and plays just fine. 

Still I imagine the RA3 servers are just sat in a dusty corner not having been looked at for a decade. 

Would you describe how you managed this vpn?