The end of the walking dead games

So I finished the walking dead final season yesterday again and well I feel happy with it. still pissed off with a few things but yeah. I want to know all of your thoughts on your times playing the games and what you all thought. did you all think this is the best ending for the games or do you think they will make more? as I hope they end it there and or maybe if there is another we play as the guy from new frontier.

Just to let you all know this will have all spoilers of the final season and maybe the other seasons too so. if you have not played them and don't want to be spoiled don't read the posts and play the games. 

I think it was a decent but kind of predictable ending, almost like they played it safe. It was sort of obvious since it was first announced that either AJ or Clem would end up being bit because that's why the ending of the first season was so emotional for most people and if you know anything about Telltale you'll know that they spent their whole career after Walking Dead Season 1 trying to make a game that critically acclaimed by repeating the same things to no success. The whole child and their protector angle is a very effective way to build attachment towards characters and Telltale were aware of that when writing the story. It was a great game overall though,way better than season 2 and a new frontier which felt rushed and were too short. 

I would've liked some closure on what happened to Christa, because in season 2 all we have to go by are a few gunshots in the distance as you run away, so you never really knew what happened to her 100%. But I guess because Telltale are gone now and they'll never make another game unless another studio gains the rights and tries something similar we'll never know. xD 

Edited by SlimSanta94
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I think it was a decent but kind of predictable ending, almost like they played it safe. It was sort of obvious since it was first announced that either AJ or Clem would end up being bit because that's why the ending of the first season was so emotional for most people. The whole child and their protector angle is a very effective way to build attachment towards characters and Telltale were aware of that when writing the story. It was a great game overall though,way better than season 2 and a new frontier which felt rushed and were too short. 

I would've liked some closure on what happened to Christa, because in season 2 all we have to go by are a few gunshots in the distance as you run away, so you never really knew what happened to her 100%. But I guess because Telltale are gone now and they'll never make another game unless another studio gains the rights and tries something similar we'll never know. xD 

I agree, I thought season 2 to me was crap. full of dum asses and dum choices. new frontier was alright but kind of the same problem but yeah. I find it dum that at the end, not sure if you agree. that on the bridge if you choice to let aj do his own choices there was no choice for shooting the walkers while ten is thrown over to you and thus saving Louis/Violet. That choice annoyed me that there was no choice there for saving them.

But to be fair the people who made it like being dum on the choices

1 minute ago, KANERKB said:

I agree, I thought season 2 to me was crap. full of dum asses and dum choices. new frontier was alright but kind of the same problem but yeah. I find it dum that at the end, not sure if you agree. that on the bridge if you choice to let aj do his own choices there was no choice for shooting the walkers while ten is thrown over to you and thus saving Louis/Violet. That choice annoyed me that there was no choice there for saving them.

But to be fair the people who made it like being dum on the choices

Yeah I agree, I get what they were trying to do with that but it comes across that you don't have any control over what happens.. especially if it's your first playthrough and you happen to not let AJ make his own choices.

5 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

Yeah I agree, I get what they were trying to do with that but it comes across that you don't have any control over what happens.. especially if it's your first playthrough and you happen to not let AJ make his own choices.

Yeah. I really thought if you let him pick what to do he would save ten but he does not and yeah I find it oddly too out there for story wise.

I love season 1 and season 2 so I was excited for the final season, obviously. I loved the final season but it did have its problems. The new characters this season were cool but I couldn't really are too much about Louis, Violet, Tenn, Omar, etc., probably because they are the so manieth characters to be introduced in the series and all either die or the game ends before their characters are really fleshed out. I absolutely loved the AJ and Clementine story though, and thought the comeback of Lilly was both genius and made me like Lilly more (even though I killed her :P). I thought that the many comparisons between season 1 and season 4 with Lee/Clementine and Clementine/AJ were done in an amazing way and I cried my eyes out near the end of this final season, probably even more than I did at the end of the first season. I thought the ending was about as good as it could have been too, wrapped up pretty well.

One neat thing I also liked was the small backstory in between season 3 and 4 where Clementine gets AJ backs, this also really made the Clementine/AJ relationship more emotional.

So overall, great season and greatly wrapped up the series. I couldn't care as much about the side characters as in season 1 and 2, though.Clementine, AJ and Lilly were the only ones that really stood out and I really cared about.

2 hours ago, SlimSanta94 said:

I would have liked this as well but I think it's safe to assume that Christa died during that attack. I don't really mind to know exactly what happened to some characters. I'm also satisfied enough with how the Kenny arc ended, in what I consider to be the ''true'' ending to season 2, where Kenny leaves AJ and Clementine at Wellington.