Is Toy Story 3 the game any good?

Is Toy story 3 any good?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Is Toy story 3 any good?

• Yes?
    • No?
    • Maybe. Not played it before/ not put enough into it to give a real thought on it.

I played Toy story 2 when I was a kid and well I never played the other ones after. And years ago I saw a friend play this with his baby brother at my home on my ps3 (and that is why I got abit of the game done on my ps3 as they played it a lot and I forgot to change ids for them and yeah it is linked to my trophy list and yeah) and it seemed good and well I was thinking of maybe picking it up as I saw it in the store for only £3. and well want to know is it a good game? Like the ps1 toy story 2 game? Let me know.

Edit: I think I will buy it due to the lot of people who clicked yes..

Edited by KANERKB

It’s well worth that price. Story mode is really short, I think 8 levels. Toybox mode is pretty fun too. Basically a precursor to infinity from what I hear.

I too played TS2 as a kid and recently and 3 is definitely a way more polished game 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeKeese said:

It’s well worth that price. Story mode is really short, I think 8 levels. Toybox mode is pretty fun too. Basically a precursor to infinity from what I hear.

I too played TS2 as a kid and recently and 3 is definitely a way more polished game 

Hmm. nothing is too much of a problem right? like I remember ts2 being abit of a pain in the backtracking and so on but it was a get everything kind of game but yeah.

It really depends on whether you're in it just to play, or for the trophies. As a game, I enjoyed it. They had to veer off script and concoct stuff out of nowhere for the sake of having enough story content, and pulled it off with just enough charm and verve to make it worth. Not a masterpiece or anything, but as far as licensed movie tie-in games go, it's ahead of the curve. Fun, if a little forgettable. It's not exactly a money pit, so I'd say it's a good purchase.

As for the trophies... well. The Toybox stuff is a flustercuck of good ideas marred by clunky design and gameplay. The vehicle physics are unreliable to the point of my suspecting the coding was outsourced to N64 era Rare if I didn't know better. And searching over and over for tiny little plastic containers of stuff, with little in the way of keeping track of them--even with a guide--is not my idea of fun. I wasted hours looking for one thing I'd missed out on. When I heard Disney Infinity was cut from the same cloth, I knew then and there it wouldn't be for me.

It's frustrating, but doable, if at the expense of what little fun can be had in Toy Box mode. There's plenty of games and things out there that's more fun to do.

Your choice, pardner.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, lordguwa said:

i liked the story mode more but it's worth a play if can find it on the cheap.

edit: seems someone found out why i hated toybox mode. it was some of the collectibles.

I bought it  just after release and played it for fun but then bought it again bout 3 years ago when i got seriously into trophies and once i started it i had to finish it. Alot of frustration towards the end but once that plat popped it was one of my proudest or my most guilty pleasure plat ?

• Like 1

I loved it. The only issue is if there is a good capsule guide these days, back when I platted the game there wasn’t so I had a hell of a time finding everything in the Toy Box mode. 

But its it’s a fun game, I enjoy the story mode and Toy Box mode was so awesome it was what spawned Disney Infinity. which I also loved... rip. 

Been waiting for it to be cheap on Steam so i can play it again. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spinosaurus Rex said:

As far as I remember, there was no game based on animated movie for last few years other than LEGO The Incredibles. So maybe LEGO Toy Story?

Yeah good point that dude. I recon cars 3 may hace been the last one if i remember rightly which was also a fun game. I would kindly accept a lego toy story tho ?

Edited by dannyswfc9
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Yeah good point that dude. I recon cars 3 may hace been the last one if i remember rightly which was also a fun game. I would kindly accept a lego toy story tho 1f601.png

I forgot about Dragons Dawn of New Rider (How To Train Your Dragon 3). But anyway licensed games are far less popular than about 10 years ago when every animated film had to have a corresponding game. Maybe Toy Story will be popular enough to get a good game.

• Like 2

• 2 years later...

For some reason this game ended up on my trophy list from years back. I don't remember ever playing it so it must've been somebody else I lived with that played it at the time and unfortunately they collected a few trophies on my account. Now because I'm a trophy fiend, I had to pick it up to clean up the trophies for it. I'll tell ya, like most PS3 games these days, it's no longer a cheap buy. $20 on ebay. Not exactly the price I expected to pay for a madly common PS3 game that was in bargain bins 5 years ago. 

Anyway, the game itself is okay. It's good in the sense that it's not bad. It's neither really, it's one of those games that's exceptionally mediocre. For a licensed game, it's better than most of its kind but at the end of the day, that's not really saying much as most licensed games like this tend to suck while Toy Story 3 manages to be a notch or two above total suckage and ends up in that 'not good but not bad' grey area category. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Most movie tie-ins have the reputation of being mediocre to terrible. There are some decent ones out there but really good to great ones are very rare.

Spider-Man 2 (2004) is probably the only movie tie-in game I love (despite major flaws), but Toy Story 3 ranks well too. The campaign is uneven in quality, but not bad. Toy Box is a lot of fun. 

Keep in mind to get the PS3 version (physical or digital) or Xbox 360 (physical and digital on Xbox 360 and the newer consoles). The PC release is a port of the Wii version.