Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

GG for the dev team

- 500k coins

- 1k soul fragments

- 1k time krystals

- 500 hearts

even though lots of stuff is locked behind payment this is kinda nice of them

How do you access this gift? Because I have been playing for awhile now and haven’t received them.

nevermind it’s in the notifications on the main menu.

Edited by rolltideroll157

NetherRealm are by all accounts one of the good eggs. Don't forget that microtransactions are usually mandated by the publisher--and more specifically, the high-ranking execs who have bonuses riding on sales goals--rather than the developers actually putting in the graft.

I'm glad you have to unlock most everything, it would make the game boring if everything is unlocked from the beginning. 

16 minutes ago, Nitemares----- said:

I'm glad you have to unlock most everything, it would make the game boring if everything is unlocked from the beginning. 

I agree but this is the kinda trophy hunters/gamers mindset these days. People want it easy and things just handed to them. Heck if trophys can pop by just turning on the game console, the better....

58 minutes ago, OhDearDevilRun said:

I agree but this is the kinda trophy hunters/gamers mindset these days. People want it easy and things just handed to them. Heck if trophys can pop by just turning on the game console, the better....

I love getting Trophies, but for games I like and enjoy. I'm not going to play any stupid game or rebuy a game from another region, just cause it has easy trophies. I don't understand these "Trophy Hunters" either, it's not some contest, you don't get prizes for completing it 1st, enjoy the game and have fun. One thing I like in games is where you have to unlock everything in the game, I wish they did it for most Characters, instead of just Frost. 

So the difficulty adjustment comes in the patch, or did they already do something to the servers that made things easier? The thing is, I don't find it THAT hard. I mean I really like the mortal kombat games and injustice also and played them a lot, but I am an average player at best when it comes to fighting game skills. I get my ass handed to me almost every time I play online, but the time towers mode works for me. There is one fight every now and then that I struggle with, but most of it I think is doable. No complaints though, because those that I struggle with really piss me off when it comes to that :D And I wouldn't even dream about winning a brutal difficulty fight. In my opinion the Injustice 2 multiverse was way more difficult then time towers...

Posted (edited)

47 minutes ago, Skargarim said:

So the difficulty adjustment comes in the patch, or did they already do something to the servers that made things easier? The thing is, I don't find it THAT hard. I mean I really like the mortal kombat games and injustice also and played them a lot, but I am an average player at best when it comes to fighting game skills. I get my ass handed to me almost every time I play online, but the time towers mode works for me. There is one fight every now and then that I struggle with, but most of it I think is doable. No complaints though, because those that I struggle with really piss me off when it comes to that :D And I wouldn't even dream about winning a brutal difficulty fight. In my opinion the Injustice 2 multiverse was way more difficult then time towers...

They made small adjustments to the servers to make the towers easier and they should be even easier after the upcoming patch. 

I honestly think the majority of the MK fanbase just suck at the game and only come for fatalities, unlocks and the story and want them without much effort instead of actually learning how to play a character. Granted, I did not play at the very beginning before the server-side tweaks but I haven't had much trouble with the towers since. There was one fight I played at a friend's house that seemed impossible but I'm sure it'd be doable with the right consumables.

Gamers today just like to bitch and moan about anything. It'll be "It's too hard and too grindy!" or  "I unlocked everything in a day! There's no content!"

Edited by Killbomb

6 hours ago, Deluziion90 said:

even though lots of stuff is locked behind payment this is kinda nice of them

why do people think this is the case?

Yes, there are several different currencies in the game... but only ONE of them is buy-able with real-money and that one only unlocks some skins and Easy Fatality tokens... all the other things CANNOT BE BOUGHT WITH REAL MONEY!

So basically "nothing" is locked behind payments besides some skins that you can ALSO unlock via gameplay.

It really is one of the most harmless MTX cases ever... yet people build this up like it's the worst because many think you can somehow buy everything in the game which is not the case ...

The grind in MK11 is the same as in previous MK games. Anyone remember the Krypt in Deadly Alliance or Deception? It also had half a dozen or so different currencies ...

The patch is out with the currency gifts and they've upped some of the rewards you earn. Dragon Challenges now give you 1,000 koins each instead of 100, you get more koins from simply winning a match and Fatalities now give 3 hearts each and Brutalities 5 hearts each. 

The gift was for the bad payouts in the ToT. They aren’t / weren’t that difficult.

11 hours ago, Juzam666 said:

The gift was for the bad payouts in the ToT. They aren’t / weren’t that difficult.

There were a couple I did that were kinda annoying difficulty wise.  Like the Shao Kahn fight where he's invulnerable 50% of the fight, and can basically kill you in 2 hits the other 50% of the time.

Imagining that's an example of one they thought was too hard.