Mortal kombat 11 tutorial even that’s hard help advice

Loco-fella

Well sadly in fighting games (MK, street fighter ,guilty gear) there is no better advice then just practice practice practice . If MK11 is your first fighting game then yeah it's a pain but with perseverence you can succeed in doing those combos.

Personally I haven't encountered any bug in tutorial combos, just different timing for buttons in advanced and strategy tutorials. They are pretty decent to pull honestly so...practice makes perfect xD 

2 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

I've got everything done except Kombo Ender with Raiden.  I'm about to go nuts - any advice on this one?  I just can't get that last torpedo attack off at the end before Kabal hits the ground.

Same exact issue buddy. Fuck this one. All the others have been fine.

• Like 1

I did it, here's what worked for me.

For the Forward O, then back forward X, I moved from the D Pad to the analogue as suggested previously.  I was having trouble because I was rushing that transition, but the animation (upper cut with the staff) after pressing R1 actually leaves you a lot of time.  As soon as I hit R1, I moved to left analog and did the forward back forward really quickly and nailed it.  Thank god.  Should have the plat tonight or tomorrow now.

5 hours ago, TemplePilot said:

I've got everything done except Kombo Ender with Raiden.  I'm about to go nuts - any advice on this one?  I just can't get that last torpedo attack off at the end before Kabal hits the ground.

dont hold X, tap it

8 minutes ago, pavelbagirov said:

If you compare this challenges with MK vs DC Universe this is ultra easy.In Mk vs dc is ultra hard because there you not even have demo mode how to do it and you not feel right fighter

Huh oh man some ppl ??‍♂️ No comment other than that lol 

Edited by bigpaul83
So I don’t get kicked off

I play this game for a week now but only yesterday I got the last tutorial trophy.

The timing on some of the combos feels really weird but they are all feasible if you concentrate enough.. It also doesn't help that sometimes, when I push f.ex. right on my digipad, the game also registers a push on up. I don't know if it's my controller or if the PS4 digipad is generally not that good. I checked it in practice, I literally only press the right button on the digipad and I'd say on 5 button presses, it registers a button press on up as well at least two times. (and yes, my thumb doesn't touch the up button ;) )

Anyhow, what I found that helped was looking for visual clues on when to press the buttons in the demo mode. So I watched when the button combo was pressed on the controller in the demo mode and then f.ex. looked at what moment during the opponents animation this happened. I found this easier than f.ex. counting seconds or try to get the timing down by hearing (the clicks). Especially for the Flawless Blocks.

Also there are some very simple tuts with Scorpion vs. Raiden where you have to do something easy like left and square but some of them are a bit buggy as you can't move around but the opponent is a pixel or two out of reach. You can bypass this by doing a move that propels you forward and then do the move that you're asked to do.

23 minutes ago, Sicho said:

It also doesn't help that sometimes, when I push f.ex. right on my digipad, the game also registers a push on up. I don't know if it's my controller or if the PS4 digipad is generally not that good. I checked it in practice, I literally only press the right button on the digipad and I'd say on 5 button presses, it registers a button press on up as well at least two times. (and yes, my thumb doesn't touch the up button ;) )

I kinda hate that it doesn't work like in Street Fighter, where you can use down-left as an input for either left or down. Left, down-left, down, down-right, right motion will still work as left to right. Here everything you accidentally touch will break the input. I can perform Erron's command grab that is down, back, forward 1 times out of 3 even in training.  You either need some insane precision there or I am doing something very wrong. This and the need to input Kombos even before the half of the Kombo connects kinda ruins the experience for me, a fan of other fighting games.

Edited by Akrioz

3 minutes ago, Akrioz said:

I kinda hate that it doesn't work like in Street Fighter, where you can use down-left as an input for either left or down. Left, down-left, down, down-right, right motion will still work as left to right. Here everything you accidentally touch will break the input. I can perform Erron's command grab that is down, back, forward 1 times out of 3 even in training.  You either need some insane precision there or I am doing something very wrong. This and the need to input Kombos even before the half of the Kombo connects kinda ruins the experience for me, a fan of other fighting games.

IIRC there is a setting in Controls where you can enable diagonal inputs!!!

19 minutes ago, Sicho said:

IIRC there is a setting in Controls where you can enable diagonal inputs!!!

Sadly, it's just an imitation and doesn't provide the advantages it should. Here is more about settings. May need to experiment with Input and Button shortcuts though.

Edited by Akrioz

So I was tryin some of there and I realized that it's just timing that's a bitch. I was doin a scorpion one and I had to hit raden as he got up wit the third hit of my combo, you k ow how much of a pain in the ass it is to try to miss the first 2 hit and make the next one hit just rite to get this done. It's like you gota have bad time on purpose to get this done. I dont know what the was thinking when they came up wit this part but this is by far the biggest pain in the ass

For me, it seems impossible to complete the tutorial. I tried using 4 different controlers and a fightng stick. Some of them are unfinished. Even though I tried many hours. For example perfect block Skarlet vs Baraka I'm doing well because I see that my character is attacking, but it still fails. Rainden's long combo is also beyond the reach of ordinary mortals. Dualshock very weakly encompasses any sequence with ⬅️➡️, and there are more of them.
Edited by Dzwienkoswit

3 hours ago, Dzwienkoswit said:
For me, it seems impossible to complete the tutorial. I tried using 4 different controlers and a fightng stick. Some of them are unfinished. Even though I tried many hours. For example perfect block Skarlet vs Baraka I'm doing well because I see that my character is attacking, but it still fails. Rainden's long combo is also beyond the reach of ordinary mortals. Dualshock very weakly encompasses any sequence with 2b05.png27a1.png, and there are more of them.

The skarlet and baraka one takes pretty much perfect timing.  It was ridiculously hard to get for me.  You pretty much need to tap and release block and HOPE you get the flawless block.  Then hit up and triangle before you even know whether you actually hit the flawless block to do it fast enough.  That one took me the longest to get.  

The Raiden combo ones timing is tricky, if it's the one I think it is.  It just takes practice.  It helped me to practice just the parts I was struggling with then try to do the whole combo.

7 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

The Raiden combo ones timing is tricky, if it's the one I think it is.  It just takes practice.  It helped me to practice just the parts I was struggling with then try to do the whole combo.

Agree with this.  I just practiced the last part over and over for a while.

Just keep trying them. There is absolutely nothing in this that's that bad. Perfect block and some of the strings can be a little finicky but just persist and you'll get it. Knowing these concepts will help you with the rest of the platinum anyways

I also thought that those trophies would be impossible for me. If you are not super skilled in fighting games, you just have to stick with it and keep trying like I did.

The Raiden one everyone is complaining about was really bad for me too. I don't know how long I tried for it but I eventually got it. Tried again for a friend of mine and it seemed impossible to do. No idea why there was no way of doing it. The other day I tried again for girlfriends account and did it in 2 (!) minutes. There are much easier ones that took me longer ?

Also if you have more than one controller maybe try a different one. I have a feeling that older, much used controllers might have a little trouble getting the imputs right. Had trouble with rather new one too, but playing with one of my oldest controllers feels... different... I'd say...

I used 4 different controllers and all the time I had a problem with directions that were unnecessarily turning on. I have to give up because I do not see the point of continuing the torment. It is a pity, because only this trophy separates me from platinum. Funny that the mode that should show how to play is more difficult than the usual game. I would call it not "Tutorial", but some "Mode for Masters". It would be better to level the challenge :)

Some take a few attempts, especially the flawless block then punish ones, but they're all doable. Still, I understand some people aren't as quick on the button presses as others.

If anyone is still struggling then I'm more than down to help. Just add me ForceGrip86. Be sure to just put "MK Tutorial" in the friend request though so I know what it's for as I don't accept blank requests. Also I'm on GMT time.

There surely is some lag when playing over Share Play, which would make this even harder? So I don't know if someone can help via Share Play.

Just know that I'm not a master gamer or something and I was able to do these after a while. Took me a week or so but it's doable.