Mortal kombat 11 tutorial even that’s hard help advice

Loco-fella

27 minutes ago, bani24j said:

Have a question.

The tutorial trophy are then a real pain in the ass, and especially for someone not good in fighting games like me(I'm more like a smashing button player haha). 

So, do I have any chance to get this trophies? 

Ok so MK11 was the first fighting game that I took seriously. Some tips are to remember to turn off Release Check on the menu, you are probably pressing the buttons way too slow and the last two buttons of a combo can be pressed at the same time. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

These are tough, no doubt. I'm about halfway through the Strategy section. The best advice I can give is to break down any Kombo ones into their (k)omponent parts.

For the Raiden Kombo Enders one in Strategy, focus on nailing the first three bits (two punches and cancel), then the teleport, then try and work out the timing for the final three moves. You need to hammer both sets of combos out really quickly, and the teleport screws with the timing.

The strings you need to put in look really long, but if you think about it as short combo, break/teleport, short combo, it's a bit easier to process. 

Other than that, it's just practice, practice, practice. You can do it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think I’m doing the strategy one with raiden v Kahn for the 5 hot combo .. what’s the deal with this ? Seems to be a long pause between the first two hits and the last .. I can’t get this bs figured out.

Edit: figured this bs out 

Edited by JWill_55

"No Bad Match Ups" is the only trophy I had troubles with, the rest wasn't that bad. Spent about 2 hours on the Raiden/Cabal combo. I struggled to memorize the entire combo, but then just split it in two parts. I learned the first half+teleport, then teleport+second part. I practiced till I could execute them without thinking, then I had very little trouble to do entire thing. It just happened. Also, enabling diagonal input helps A LOT. Only after enabling I figured what they wanted from me. Just know that I am AWFUL at fighting games, so if I managed to do this, everyone can.

Edited by AllHailScience
  • Like 1

Just got the game and have gone through the tutorial.  The only two that I haven't been able to do yet involve Raiden in the strategy section.  Just can't quite get the timing right.  To be honest though, I was expecting the tutorial to be way worse based on all the comments I had read.  The key to most of them seems to be just breaking down the kombo into a few parts, learning those and then executing.

I remember some of them being pretty tricky but what ended up working for me, once I knew the sequence after trying to do it over and over and over, was looking at my hands and doing it rather than looking at the screen; just focusing on doing the inputs rather than allowing what was happening on screen to impact, at all, what I was doing.

Worked for me.

• 4 months later...

So I know this is an old thread and GG to those that found this simple and easy - I’ve been spending hours trying to no avail - was all plain sailing till the first raiden strategy  tutorial - did the grinding for pretty much every other trophy but left this till the end as it’s a tutorial right.... I mean the basic and advanced ones were pretty easy but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get these last ones - I haven’t platinumed a game since uncharted but got well into MK lately watching the scorpion film when it was on offer on iTunes brought me black - and as this platinum was just a grind I thought it’d be worth it - but now I’m 90% done and no way of completing this - am I just too old now for fast reflex games like this? I’m not great at games at the best of times and fighting games I rarely play - normally just story on MK and then leave it - but now I’ve committed hours to a project that seems destined to remain incomplete... anyone’s tips or advice would be greatly appreciated - even if it is move on to another game!!

1 hour ago, pan123 said:

So I know this is an old thread and GG to those that found this simple and easy - I’ve been spending hours trying to no avail - was all plain sailing till the first raiden strategy  tutorial - did the grinding for pretty much every other trophy but left this till the end as it’s a tutorial right.... I mean the basic and advanced ones were pretty easy but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to get these last ones - I haven’t platinumed a game since uncharted but got well into MK lately watching the scorpion film when it was on offer on iTunes brought me black - and as this platinum was just a grind I thought it’d be worth it - but now I’m 90% done and no way of completing this - am I just too old now for fast reflex games like this? I’m not great at games at the best of times and fighting games I rarely play - normally just story on MK and then leave it - but now I’ve committed hours to a project that seems destined to remain incomplete... anyone’s tips or advice would be greatly appreciated - even if it is move on to another game!!

You can do it,practice every move by it self,then go to 2-3 hit combo(especially with the move you are struggling)until you succeed,then move on to do the tutorial,also remember while your character is hitting the attack you already pressed that’s the time to input the next attack-ability so you need to memorize all the combo so you won’t lose time!

I’m gonna keep trying an hour a night until I can get there - did a solid couple of hours to no avail and then completed some of the other tutorials - will keep in this way until I only have those raiden ones left - which are the really hard ones to look out for other than the impossible raiden ones? 

On 2/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, pan123 said:

I’m gonna keep trying an hour a night until I can get there - did a solid couple of hours to no avail and then completed some of the other tutorials - will keep in this way until I only have those raiden ones left - which are the really hard ones to look out for other than the impossible raiden ones? 

No the other ones are pretty easy!Leave that tutorial for last and you can do it once you are more familiar with the mechanics of the game!

On 18/02/2021 at 2:46 PM, totakos1 said:

No the other ones are pretty easy!Leave that tutorial for last and you can do it once you are more familiar with the mechanics of the game!

I’ve done all the other trophies in the game - wish I did the tutorials first as if I realised how I’m just not capable I never would have bothered grinding the others - I have done all the tutorials apart from kombo Enders, hit pressure, pressure defense and gauge management - just can’t do them at all. 

that raiden against kabal, and the stuff after flawless blocks - I just can’t time the attacks coming out of them ?‍♂️ my reflexes aren’t good enough 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this game for my brother and I have been curious about playing it myself. Are the tutorials the only really challenging thing? And then just a grind for everything else? The only fighting games I have really played were DBZ Budokai and I did platinum that but there was no real challenge there IMO. If tutorials are the only real hurdle I think I will play this.

37 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I bought this game for my brother and I have been curious about playing it myself. Are the tutorials the only really challenging thing? And then just a grind for everything else? The only fighting games I have really played were DBZ Budokai and I did platinum that but there was no real challenge there IMO. If tutorials are the only real hurdle I think I will play this.

most tutorials are fairly easy, some tutorials you have to chain combos together, if you ever played trials from Street fighter 4 or Mortal Kombat, then you know what Im talking about. the rest of the trophies are easy and abit grindy.