Mortal kombat 11 tutorial even that’s hard help advice

Loco-fella

41 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I bought this game for my brother and I have been curious about playing it myself. Are the tutorials the only really challenging thing? And then just a grind for everything else? The only fighting games I have really played were DBZ Budokai and I did platinum that but there was no real challenge there IMO. If tutorials are the only real hurdle I think I will play this.

Yep. Some of the tutorials can certainly be tough for those not experienced in MK (and fighting games as a whole). It's the platinum-breaker for many. My two biggest tips are to not be hesitant to rearrange the button layout to better fit the challenge you're on, and don't hesitate to take breaks. Both of those really helped me komplete this.

Anything after that is, at worst, a grind.

Edited by BrilloHD

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I’m sorry but even after playing the entire game on hard, doing all fatalities, doing towers to get intros and so forth, how is this raiden 15 hit combo so impossible, it’s literally the only thing stopping me from the plat (I only have easy stuff and this left)

I’ve tried for about 4 hours on just this part of the tutorial and I either go too fast or slightly too slow that I do the combo but it doesn’t count

Hi, I found a way to do the Raiden combo. For a week after 30-60 min I tried a combo and as each problem was at the end (<> X) In a new way, I passed it in the first 5 minutes. It's about left-right directions, the thumb is too slow. Moving your thumb left and right takes too long and breaks the combo. I recommend using the index and middle fingers on the directional buttons, which perfectly match the timming. Once at a Tekken tournament, I saw combo players use these fingers while holding dual shock in a different way.I hope that it will help someone because it could.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

1 part of the tutorial that I had trouble with doing, I eventually did this way: used remote play to stream to my laptop. used ps4 macro to map the controller on the keyboard so that all buttons are availble. then used autohotkey to create a script to execute the moves for me. It took a while to get the timing right in the script but it can be done. If anybody else does this, the script file has to be compiled to .exe to work.

• 4 months later...
On 12/02/2023 at 9:51 PM, Kittens Are Awesome said:

Care to elaborate?

I mean, compared to MK9 and MKX, MK11 is pretty bad when it comes to gameplay and art style, but I found the plat was pretty brain dead easy.

It is the worst trophy in the MK11 game. 

Of course it doesn't even itch close to the platinum difficulty of MK vs DC, MKX or MK9 itself.

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2022 at 1:54 PM, Im_Not_Banksy said:

This is the Plat breaker for me, the tremor in my fingers just doesn't let me do the combos fast enough at all.

You just need to familiarize your keystrokes with the combo. The Raiden combo is not as challenging, once you understand how timing work. I am not going to tell you that you can find an easy way to do it. What helped me the most was just understanding each part of the combo, piece by piece. The teleport into the spear is the "hardest" as it requires immaculate timing. I'd recommend practicing the teleport into the spear first. Once you feel comfortable with that portion, put it all together.

• 1 month later...

For some reason those Raiden tutorials didn't give me much trouble. But that Baraka/Skarlet one where you have to flawlessly block her second kick and counter-attack took me almost an hour to complete.

If anyone else is struggling with it, here's my advice: don't block the first hit standing up. Just duck down and block it. Then release the block button while you're still ducking and press it again as she's doing her second hit.

The demo shows Baraka remains standing when he's blocking the first kick. Don't do it. Believe me, it's easier to just duck and block both hits from Skarlet this way. After I implemented this strategy, it took me only a few tries to finally pull this off.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I’m struggling with the long Raiden one, I can string most of the combo together no problem, but the bit at the end where you square, triangle then dash I just can’t seem to time it right to juggle him in the air and get the dash off before he lands, not to mention it feels broken, some of the inputs don’t seem to register, maybe I’m just missing the frames, but my options are “long” apparently…. It takes longer to blink, if it’s this hard to pull off a combo in training, without the distraction of another player trying to pull your spine out, I don’t see how you can pull it off in a real fight, doesn’t seem necessary to make it this tight, there’s barely enough time to move your thumb using the directional buttons on the dpad for some of these, analogue is the only way, but then half an inch in the wrong direction you end up with a jump instead of forward  screwing the combo, rage inducing this shit, why not have a much longer window for this inputs, just doesn’t make sense, mine is long… who the fuk is using short, long should be short, and long should then be open enough for kasuals to be able to do

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

I’m struggling with the long Raiden one, I can string most of the combo together no problem, but the bit at the end where you square, triangle then dash I just can’t seem to time it right to juggle him in the air and get the dash off before he lands, not to mention it feels broken, some of the inputs don’t seem to register, maybe I’m just missing the frames, but my options are “long” apparently…. It takes longer to blink, if it’s this hard to pull off a combo in training, without the distraction of another player trying to pull your spine out, I don’t see how you can pull it off in a real fight, doesn’t seem necessary to make it this tight, there’s barely enough time to move your thumb using the directional buttons on the dpad for some of these, analogue is the only way, but then half an inch in the wrong direction you end up with a jump instead of forward  screwing the combo, rage inducing this shit, why not have a much longer window for this inputs, just doesn’t make sense, mine is long… who the fuk is using short, long should be short, and long should then be open enough for kasuals to be able to do

I feel you there mate, tried for a good 2 hours and ended up giving up, my hands can work fast...but not that fast

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/05/2023 at 3:04 PM, Shmeefly said:

I'm the same but I've noticed that it seems to be that when you get the juggle then do the teleport you need to switch direction as an extra input to finish the combo. I know that's what I need to do but pulling it off is something else... 

8 minutes ago, MushuMixLipa said:

I'm the same but I've noticed that it seems to be that when you get the juggle then do the teleport you need to switch direction as an extra input to finish the combo. I know that's what I need to do but pulling it off is something else... 

it’s done now for me, I figured out where I was going wrong, the parts of the combo that say ‘cancel special move’, I was pausing there then typing the next set of inputs, but you have to input the next section a little faster than normal instead, did it in a few tries after I figured that out, just imagine the text isn’t there and follow the button presses 

That last bit though is tricky, it’s a good point to note that after you teleport the inputs change bc your facing right now instead of left lol

Spotted that one early after my 10th retry… or maybe my 50th ?

After hitting the opponent in the face over and over on failed attempts it keeps pushing him to the right side of the arena, practice the teleport into dash when he gets over there so you can push him back to the left and perfect the ending more and more, I had the end nailed before I realised I shouldn’t be pausing at a cancel move. Perseverance is key it can be done, good luck

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shmeefly said:

it’s done now for me, I figured out where I was going wrong, the parts of the combo that say ‘cancel special move’, I was pausing there then typing the next set of inputs, but you have to input the next section a little faster than normal instead, did it in a few tries after I figured that out, just imagine the text isn’t there and follow the button presses 

That last bit though is tricky, it’s a good point to note that after you teleport the inputs change bc your facing right now instead of left lol

Spotted that one early after my 10th retry… or maybe my 50th ?

After hitting the opponent in the face over and over on failed attempts it keeps pushing him to the right side of the arena, practice the teleport into dash when he gets over there so you can push him back to the left and perfect the ending more and more, I had the end nailed before I realised I shouldn’t be pausing at a cancel move. Perseverance is key it can be done, good luck

This was hell on earth for me, just got it after almost 5h of pure pain and frustration, never again lol, fighters with combos are not for me at all lol. Here is my video if anyone needs some visual idea, slow down the video on speed options and read my description,  it might help, keep trying and you will get it, if i did anyone can.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

For Baraka vs. Skarlet tutorial in Gauge Management (where you have do block, flawless crouching block & attack), this is how I did it:

1. Start by holding :r2: to block.

2. When 1st hit connects, release :r2:, hold:down: & press :r2: when 2nd hit is about to connect.

3. If you timed it correctly, you'll do flawless crouching block & then immediately press :up:+:triangle:.

It's better to hold :down: & press :r2: then do press :down:+:r2: at the same time.

EDIT: Minor corrections.

Edited by kenseizenkai

• 2 weeks later...