Update 1.06 warning

Brink-2-Chaos

So with this morning new patch there is a rather nasty bug that can hardcrash your ps4 and shut it down has happened to me 3 times in the past 4 hours 

UPDATE now it happens 1-2 mins after booting in 

Edited by Brink-2-Chaos
update

46 minutes ago, iGGTheEnd said:

Fuck me, hopefully they revert the patch before im off work,  did you do anything specific to trigger it?  Also has anyone else experienced this?

I've seen other people report the same issue on the Days Gone subreddit. I just deleted the patch before it could update, so I'm still running 1.05 without any crashes.

yeah i updated it as soon as it went live so i wasn't so fortunate didnt happen to me the first time until 3-5 hours after patch then didnt start Immediately doing it for another 1-2 hours currently on a football field standing on some crates in the middle of a hoarde ps4 shuts down about 30-40 seconds after booting in 

1 hour ago, Pokedude97 said:

I got real lucky I guess, I saw someone saying that the patch breaks everything and I was able to delete it before it finished updating. Interesting that they pulled the patch. I don't remember the last time that happened with a game.

it happens time to time With severely broken patches 

I had a horrible experience with the 1.06 patch, crashed every 5 minutes or so but I can confirm atleast that deleting

the game and reinstalling with 1.05 fixes the problem. (They have pulled the patch down, so even the digital version comes with the 1.05 patch again)

Doesnt cause any issues with save files or so which I thought it might do at first, but I was able to load up just fine.

I deleted the game last night after getting my plat (needed space) and realised i couldn't live with myself not clearing all those hordes. I put it in about an hour ago to reinstall and the only update im receiving is 1.05 so either it hasn't released in all countries or they got rid of it. Either way id suggest just reinstalling if you can stand to wait for the 20gb update to download again.

I played good 6-7 hours on 1.06 yesterday, progressed story, collectibles, hordes, some trophies - honestly not a single issue besides the camp NPC's being late to spawn if you ride in fast and an occasional FPS drop when in a chase on the bike - but I can live with that

I played most of the day after installing 1.06 & didn't have any issues like that. The only thing I have noticed since the patch (and only a couple of times) is slow down & my frame rate dropping. Ironically it wasn't even when I was fighting a horde, I was riding my bike in heavy snow & that was enough to do it.

6 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

i know some complain patch updates are 20gb etc. but from inserting the disc to finishing install on the patch. it took me maybe 4 mins? if that.

but yeah i checked for update. and 1.05 is current version. fine by me. 

I own the disc version too, and it's 1.05 update even for me.

So only who owns the digital one has 1.06?

2 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

I own the disc version too, and it's 1.05 update even for me.

So only who owns the digital one has 1.06?

I have had patch 1.06 installed with the disc version and had no problems playing the game. And as ObliviousSenpai has mentioned patch 1.07 is live

playing on v1.07 and pretty sure my game glitched. I'm in the last region doing missions for "the witch", but there haven't been any missions or even jobs available for the past couple hours. i've tried dying and rebooting app – nothing

48 minutes ago, Trope Hore said:

playing on v1.07 and pretty sure my game glitched. I'm in the last region doing missions for "the witch", but there haven't been any missions or even jobs available for the past couple hours. i've tried dying and rebooting app – nothing

Try loading up an earlier save, that's what worked for me when I encountered this issue during an earlier patch.

1 hour ago, Trope Hore said:

Happened to me 2 days ago, I noticed it to late and all my quick saves was glitched too.. Luckily for me I always save manually once and a while and only lost about 3 hours (still sucks tho')

The game is fun but it's goddamn glitchy

1 hour ago, Trope Hore said:

14 minutes ago, Kulzyc said:

Happened to me 2 days ago, I noticed it to late and all my quick saves was glitched too.. Luckily for me I always save manually once and a while and only lost about 3 hours (still sucks tho')

The game is fun but it's goddamn glitchy

I also had this occur to me when on 1.06 last night. Reverted back to 1.05 and i got the next mission. I dont see why everyone hates this game, until you get to these goddamn bugs. Otherwise im enjoying myself, screw critics.

Edited by WatertownsFinest